what do you expect mr eaten's name to be?

[quote=Professor Sketch]I have the same hopes for Mr. Eaten as I do for the Doctor.
{snip}
But I prefer the pun option.[/quote]

It’s actually not just any pun. It’s a burn.
Which is why it has to be written in something that’s on fire in its natural state.

There’s some content in the wiki from Seeking that demonstrates that it’s a little of both.[li]

On the one hand, there’s an explicit reference to it being &quotMr. Candles&quot, mentioned on the &quotGive up your Enigma&quot text on the Queen of Inks card, and some old content from a Mr. (Eaten) Sacks visit a few years back.

On the other hand, there’s no shortage of hints in Seeking that it’s a seven-letter word (SEVEN IS THE NUMBER) in the Correspondence. Problematic, since normal materials generally (always?) burst into flame after at best six symbols have been inscribed. Examples include the &quotIn your dreams, you hear a voice echoing hollowly each night&quot card that starts the Seeking plot.

IMO, the act of utterly effacing the name of something is the critical act here. There’s historical precedent for the belief that erasing the name of something effectively destroys it; chiseling the cartouches of unpopular Pharaohs off monuments was thought to be equivalent to attacking them in the afterlife - and the &quotIn your dreams, you hear a voice echoing hollowly each night&quot card result has you finding a place where the Name has been chiseled off…

Here’s what we know about Mr. Eaten:

[ul][li]He’s waiting for a reckoning that shall not be postponed indefinitely. i.e., he’s waiting for his time.[/li][li]He’s lurking, dead and drowned. You can’t see him, not without making a very bad decision and dooming yourself.[/li][li]Finding his name gives your character an ending, albeit a bad one. Perhaps one can argue that he’s the endpoint of the FL franchise.
[/li][li]His domain is candles, shinin’ in the dark.[/li][/ul]Therefore:

(I’m sorry)

I… I can’t believe I was actually surprised by that…

You think maybe one day I would learn…

For what it’s worth: this site claims that the ancient Egyptians used the first candles. History - National Candle Association

From Ambition Nemesis

Mr. Mups’ name is &quotThat which is empty, whose purpose is to be filled&quot Mr. Candles name could be something like that.

Spoiler warning, but Mr Eaten’s actual name is:

[spoiler], due to a contractual dispute with Warner Bros.

Think about it - have you ever seen Mr Eaten and Prince in a room at the same time? :-p[/spoiler]
edited by Kittenpox on 7/13/2016

You may as well ask “Doctor who?”. The literal name isn’t the point.

You would have thought with 999 watchful Mr Eaten would have seen this whole thing coming. After all if 200+ watchful is enough for an impossible theorem 999 watchful should have been enough for Eaten to realize that all his space-bat-friends hated him.
edited by The Angry Pirate on 7/13/2016

Mr. Veils probably has 1000 shadowy.