What do we know about the Relickers? (Spoilers)

I can’t find any threads dedicated to these fascinating individuals, so I thought I’d start one! :D What do we know about them? What are the theories? And what’s up with the rats?

Who is your favourite?

I’m sure these characters are more important than they seem, and I’m going to guess that they might play a part in the endgame. They seem to have a lot of access to some very rare things.
edited by Inky Petrel on 1/1/2014

Is there a way to make this thread a poll to vote for one’s favorite Relicker? Mine’s the Capering one.

Speaking of the Capering Relicker:

If I were to speculate, I would say that the CR was one of Hell’s Aristocracy before it went all anarchic, which would explain how he got what he gives you. Also, since Gulliver explicitly states that the CR isn’t a devil because he gives away souls, maybe the devils we see now were the lower/servant class before the revolution? Also also, maybe devils require souls for sustenance in some manner?

I have a fairly absurd theory about the Capering Relicker, based on the wooden mask that he wears, and on the &quotcapering&quot aspect of his name, and the fact that the &quotHeptagoat&quot story quality that was given out during Advent (&quotit is already among us&quot) is represented by a wooden mask… He may not be a devil, but have we ever seen his feet? :p
(As I said, absurd, but I’m rather proud of it all the same pets tiny theory)

I’ll prod at the first post and see if I can make it a poll, great idea! I hadn’t thought of that :D
(Edit: drat, I don’t seem to be able to do that. People will just have to post their favourites.)

Got to share the general admiration of the Capering Relicker. He’s such an interesting fellow!

There are various hints that he’s a member of the First City priest-nobility, and a relative or companion of the Manager/Merry Gentleman. I don’t know why he trades in infernal artefacts, but it certainly suggests an interesting backstory - he seems to get up the nose of the devils, the Masters and the Widow, all at once.

The other Relickers, we don’t learn so much about. Was the Coquettish the first implemented, or just the first I met? I’d like to learn more about the Shivering, too.

nodnod The rats interest me as well. Particularly the way they all seem to be almost &quotguarding&quot the Relickers, and they sometimes drop crumbs of their own interesting histories, it seems they are at least as old as their charges. How long do &quotordinary&quot LBs live anyway?

[quote=Sir Frederick Tanah-Chook]Got to share the general admiration of the Capering Relicker. He’s such an interesting fellow!

There are various hints that he’s a member of the First City priest-nobility, and a relative or companion of the Manager/Merry Gentleman. I don’t know why he trades in infernal artefacts, but it certainly suggests an interesting backstory - he seems to get up the nose of the devils, the Masters and the Widow, all at once.

The other Relickers, we don’t learn so much about. Was the Coquettish the first implemented, or just the first I met? I’d like to learn more about the Shivering, too.[/quote]
I don’t know what order the relicker cards were implemented in, but in The Master’s Voice your First City Coins are delivered by &quota sniggering woman in a painted mask,&quot and that’s been there a while. That certainly sounds like the Coquettish Relicker, and the coins are from Mr Mirrors, who we know employs the relickers.

Wait, do all of the Relickers wear masks? Aww, that sort of breaks my theory. The new wiki rules mean that the full text about them isn’t around, so I’m struggling to remember.

Well, we know the Curt Relicker has a receding hairline. Then again, some are at 700 years old and are very very young, so I’m not sure if that’s relevant. Though…

[spoiler] He dated December, but ultimately left the revolutionaries (or possibly the Calendar Council) and ironically mow works for the Masters. 0_0 Is he May?
edited by Ixc on 9/10/2017

Months get replaced when they die/leave. Perhaps he was may, but he is no longer.

[quote=Sir Frederick Tanah-Chook]Got to share the general admiration of the Capering Relicker. He’s such an interesting fellow!

The other Relickers, we don’t learn so much about. Was the Coquettish the first implemented, or just the first I met? I’d like to learn more about the Shivering, too.[/quote]

My theory about the Capering Relicker is that he is Utnapishtim.