What are the odds of a rare success?

Does it vary from one storylet to another? I’d love approximate odds of rare successes happening.

http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/Rare_Success

Includes info on rare successes, actions which have rare successes, and a link to the spreadsheet with approximate odds for some.

Thank you! This spreadsheed is what i was looking for

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1v-OSVnf1qcRTV89G4Yj4wlo3GY3kxa0y-MpYC07T9-4/edit#gid=2

It needs more data though. 1000 samples seems to be defined as the ideal data set, and yet very few actions have been populated to that degree. I’m filling in some tests of my own. You should too!

Usually, I do high-risk challenges and succeed, but then do chancy/modest ones and fail…

I added an extra line for a missing action

Consider the PRayer, the 1:1 conversion option for Maniac’s Prayers. However, the conditional formatting doesnt seem to have applied, the total attempts (2) is showing in yellow even though it’s <100. How is this done?

[quote=Nanako]I added an extra line for a missing action

Consider the PRayer, the 1:1 conversion option for Maniac’s Prayers. However, the conditional formatting doesnt seem to have applied, the total attempts (2) is showing in yellow even though it’s <100. How is this done?[/quote]

That document does not contain any conditional formatting at all. So it mush be all hand-formatted. Just clear the formatting by hand.

I can add conditional formatting in, but that’s quite an invasive change - may I?

From a technical point of view, rare results can be anything from 1% to 50%… I did just think that FBG might be changing them all the time though, just to keep everyone on their toes! Okay, well, probably not, but it is possible… ;)

That document does not contain any conditional formatting at all. So it mush be all hand-formatted. Just clear the formatting by hand.

I can add conditional formatting in, but that’s quite an invasive change - may I?

Now it does… I went ahead and sorted it with some conditional magic.

Whose permission were you asking anyways? It’s a community document. You don’t have to ask permission to improve it, in fact it’s kind of our responsibility to improve it where we can.
On that note, everyone should be entering results in there :P ive been adding item conversion results to it