What are good maximum values for connections?

In the course of playing naturally, some of my connections have risen quite high, especially church and devils. I’m thinking it might be about time to cash in on these connections, and perhaps others, before the system gets overhauled

The thing is, i’m not sure where i should stop. I’d like to be able to feasibly do any option that requires connections, or at least most of them.

So i’m wondering, has anyone ever made a list of the highest required value for each connection? in order that i might cash in on connections above that value

[quote=Nanako]In the course of playing naturally, some of my connections have risen quite high, especially church and devils. I’m thinking it might be about time to cash in on these connections, and perhaps others, before the system gets overhauled

The thing is, i’m not sure where i should stop. I’d like to be able to feasibly do any option that requires connections, or at least most of them.

So i’m wondering, has anyone ever made a list of the highest required value for each connection? in order that i might cash in on connections above that value[/quote]
Generally speaking- since i haven’t played all the fate-locked stuff- there’s either no, or virtually no, connection actions for the average group over 50. society is an exception, but even that- every storylet i’ve seen requires 100 or less. Pretty sure hell isn’t, but you definitely don’t need over 100 and probably don’t need over 50.
edited by Grenem on 2/21/2016

Yea, there’s two actions at least, which require Connected: Society 100 I just combed through the wiki and checked all possible options for that connection to be sure.

It took a little while though, the prospect of checking all the rest too is daunting, perhaps someone would care to help out, and we can make that list together?

ill post the ones i get through

Society: 100
Benthic: 20
Bohemian: 50
The Widow: 30
The Duchess: 20
The Church: 20
The Constables: 50
The Great Game: 25

edited by Nanako on 2/21/2016

Revolutionaries 100, for getting a Ray-Drenched Cinder as a favour when you first enter the Nadir.

It’s worth noting that there are a couple actions that cost ALL of a Connection, in which case it’s more beneficial to have a low amount. These are rather rare and Fate-locked, but include marrying a Rubbery spouse (costs all of Society connection) and betraying the Bishop of Southwark to earn 100 CP Hell connection a giant pile of Nevercold Brass and 1-2 Brass Rings (costs all of Church connection). There might be some others.

… and Salon owners need insane amounts of Society and/or Bohemians.

If you don’t want to rebuild your Urchins connections every time after trading with them for scraps it’s handy to have them at around 40-50, too. Even more so if you have an Orphanage, and even more more so if you also want to buy lots of Lacre from them at Christmas!
edited by Rupho Schartenhauer on 2/21/2016

edit: See farther down

The biggest secondary use of Connections (besides the actions that potentially zero out your connections) is inviting the Captivating Princess to your Salon, which always costs a lot of connections to build up Engaged in a Scheme: A Salon. Reaching the point where you can invite the Princess takes an average of 16154 CP of either Bohemians or Society, or a mixture of both. Taken from a single connection, that would be roughly equivalent to going from level 347-348 down to 0. Taken from both equally, you’d need Society and Bohemians at around level 186. And that’s just on average! If you only used Bohemians and were horribly unlucky it could take as many as 1025 levels.

Well, i checked them all, this list is the highest requirement for any single action, though you may want more to compensate for connection loss resulting from many actions.

I hope this helps someone

Maximum Connections Required:
Society: 100
Benthic: 20
Summerset: 25
Bohemian: 50
The Widow: 30
The Duchess: 20
The Church: 20
The Constables: 50
The Great Game: 25
Revolutionaries: 100
Docks: 30
Hell: 50
Urchins: 25
Tomb Colonies: 20
Rubbery Men: 15
Masters of the Bazaar: 3

You would need Hell and Church 75 for a special option in the House of Chimes, I think.[li]
edited by th8827 on 2/22/2016

[quote=Nanako]Well, i checked them all, this list is the highest requirement for any single action, though you may want more to compensate for connection loss resulting from many actions.

I hope this helps someone[/quote]
Epic work Nanako! I hope it didn’t take too long.

[quote=th8827]You would need Hell and Church 75 for a special option in the House of Chimes, I think.[li]
edited by th8827 on 2/22/2016[/quote]
can anyone else verify this? i don’t recall any such option
[/li]

Yes, it’s “A Scarlet Saint” when you are first admitted.

There’s another option in there that requires Connected: Masters of the Bazaar 5, and one that requires both Constables and Great Game 50.