Weekly Questions, Beginning 7/11/2016

Hey folks! Here’s this week’s thread for quick questions and helpful answers.

I can’t face the chess grind another time. If I wanted to spam meaningless and repetitive social actions, I’d be playing a Facebook game instead of FL.

So - what’s the very highest difficulty (grindable) Watchful challenge?

[quote=Teaspoon]I can’t face the chess grind another time. If I wanted to spam meaningless and repetitive social actions, I’d be playing a Facebook game instead of FL.

So - what’s the very highest difficulty (grindable) Watchful challenge?[/quote]

Chess with the Boatman, Level 40. Pay out 2.50 echoes when you succeed, but it will undoubtedly send you to the Mirror Marshes afterwards.

If you do, then make sure you’ve connected with the Detective for the Medium case to increase your payout.

Just to be safe; does buying a season pass grant permanent access to the Labyrinth of Tigers? The word season seems to indicate that it could potentially expire after a while. Or is that just for flavor?

The Season Pass grants permanent access, yes!

Good to hear! Thank you, phryne!
edited by Louffles on 11/8/2016

But you can get free permanent access to the Labyrinth by following the Making your Name dangerous stories and until you have played those you do not get access to the full Labyrinth.

Yeah I thought as much. I got the opp card, bought temporary access, realized soon enough that there wasn’t much for me to do there (people were talking on the forums about coils and things whilst I was sitting here like ???) and went through the wiki till I figured it out. I’m finishing that storyline up first. Thank you!

Season pass only gives access to the entrance area with all the, um, tourist trap booths. Where luck plays a substantial role. Only went the once, though so memory may be unreliable…

I’ve started getting the “Where’s my soul?” card. Is the fate locked option (15 fate) to get my soul back worth it?

Its just getting your soul back. How much that is worth is on you.

I saw a bundle of oddities yesterday that I’d never come across before: Something Diplomatic. Is there any information about the rarity of these less common results? Compared, say, to Troublesome, which seems to crop up roughly half of the time?

You can see the potential results (and bundle values which give them) on the wiki.

Something Diplomatic is given for a range of 5 bundle values (811-815), so it has a probability of 5/1000 = 0.5% (assuming you’re opening a bundle which includes this value range as a possibility).

I know I read somewhere that in the House of Chimes there’s a story regarding the Regretful Soldier, but I can’t seem to find it.
Am I missing something?

Have you already told Mr Chimes why he admitted you to the House of Chimes? That’s the unlock for everything else you can do there.

Can players send each other Starvelling cats or does it always come in the form of a box and you have to be (un)lucky to get one? I ask because I reply to people offering to send out a cat, but all I get are boxes and all they contain is wounds, so I’m not sure if it’s me who’s miscommunicating things or if it’s just the way things are and I have to wait my turn.

Yes they can, but you might be replying to people sending Pass the Cat type stuff, especially in hopes of getting the rare failure that gives a Starveling Cat

People can send each other starveling cats by themselves. I have one if you need it for seeking.

Edit: I’m at zee currently, so that’d be sometime in the future.
edited by suinicide on 11/9/2016

[quote=suinicide]People can send each other starveling cats by themselves. I have one if you need it for seeking.

Edit: I’m at zee currently, so that’d be sometime in the future.
edited by suinicide on 11/9/2016[/quote]

I don’t need it at this point, but I will, so I started asking around. I’d be glad to have yours, but if you wanna send it to someone who really needs it, then I’ll wait.

Yes they can, but you might be replying to people sending Pass the Cat type stuff, especially in hopes of getting the rare failure that gives a Starveling Cat[/quote]

Yes, I probably was. Thank you!