Weekly Questions, Beginning 29/05/2017

[li]
So it did! Thanks for your help.

I find myself with 777 certifiable scraps burning a hole in my pocket (or several pockets, since that’s a lot of scraps). The relickers come around every so often to want them off me, but I’m undecided whether to trade some in or just keep hoarding… any advice on what’s worth acquiring with them?

General opinion is that out of 3200 Scraps items, the rest ain’t worth grinding anew. So, feel free to hold onto them.

You’ll get the best monetary return from the 3200 items. Although, this happens so infrequently that might be completely irrelevant.

If you’re a collector, all the 3200 items are impossible or at least very difficult to get any other way. Same goes for the Intriguer’s Compendium, Starstone Denmark, and Scrap of Ivory Organza (680 scraps), though iirc those are occasionally gained from fate stories.
edited by Kaijyuu on 6/2/2017

My alt is at unmodified Dangerous 140, and has completed the non-Fate part of the Labyrinth. What are the most effective non-Fate late game ways of grinding Dangerous?

Both the Velocipede Squad and War of Assassins carousels have high-level dangerous challenges.

Thanks!

So… are spirifiers nerfed? What is a new EpA for them?
What are a new Renown=40 items?
edited by Waterpls on 6/2/2017

Spirifers are very slightly nerfed, now at 1.766 EPA on average, ignoring Suspicion. (No Connected or Favours, but double the Appalling Secrets.)

By my math Spirifage is down to 1.746 EPA, ignoring Suspicion. Before the nerf it was 1.797 EPA.

The Renown 40 items are Shadowy +10 Boots for Constables, found on the boat trip, and a Watchful +10 Weapon for Hell in the Iron Republic.
edited by Optimatum on 6/2/2017

Anyone tried to fail a Brass Embassy robbery since the Hell conversion? Wondering if it touches renown and/or now gives criminal record.

I have an RP question. I managed to accidentally die once, stepping through the mirror, in my first months pf play. Now that I have completed other goals, I am grinding for a cider - in part because it’s fun, in part for RP reasons. Am I reading it correctly though, that the cider allows you to get back to the surface even if you have died?

There was no specific date given - we only know it will be in the summer.

Hopefully not too soon; I need to draw enough Going Gentle to cash in my society :P

It should, needless to say I don’t think this has been tested.

Thank you! Here is to hoping then.

One of the sidebar mini stories explicitly states a Cider owning person can return to the surface without dying. It always struck me as a bit odd, given that the cider itself is against the Law, but oh well. Also yeah there’s no in-game way to return to the surface (anymore; there was with old seeking, and that killed you no matter what).
edited by Kaijyuu on 6/2/2017

Someone may have already answered this in one of the numerous threads relating to the recent renown/favours change, but I couldn’t find said answer - does robbing the Brass Embassy now give one a criminal record?

No it does not. I tested it today. However, I don’t know if it does anything to renown (the character I tested it with had 0 renown). You do lose all favors, though.

Well, when first came out with Renown system, FBG stated that it is how well known you are to that certain faction. Famously or infamously.
While I don’t think robbing the embassy raises Renown, conceptually it should. And for that reason it really should not LOWER it.