Weekly Questions, Beginning 29/05/2017

April may be the cruelest month, but May is the most uncertain. Happily, it’s almost over, but for the remaining days, here’s the place to resolve certainty - one’s own, or others’!

Umm, this might be a bit of a weird question. I recently thought that I read somewhere that Traveling through FL adds a certain amount of extra time before your Action candle is restored, but now I’m not certain if I actually read that or if it was just a particularly vivid dream. (I tend to dream I’m in Fallen London frequently.) I realize this sounds stupid, and I’m PROBABLY wrong, but now I’m paranoid about it. :p

Naw, nothing like that happens. Back In The Day, traveling cost an action, but those days are long since past.

Thanks. I figured it was pretty unlikely, but I regularly have SERIOUSLY vivid dreams about living in FL… sometimes I have no idea if there was a storyline I’d actually played or just one I dreamed about. :p

Any ideas on what level of Connected we’d need to get Renown:50 in the upcoming conversions?

Traveling to the Empress’s Court takes an action, which is kind of annoying. Feels like an action tax, especially when I forget about it and travel elsewhere with the “a visit” or “ways of the ______” opportunity cards.

The best guess is (21 + 50 * ConversionFactor).

The Conversion Factor is unknown. For low intensity factions like Tomb Colonists it was 5. So that could be the case for the Great Game.

For Urchins it was 7. So this is likely the lower bound for Revolutionaries and Church. It could be 7, could be more, depending on how Constables and Hell go this week, which I would guess would be 8-10.

Bohemian and Society are likely to be even higher and I’d say 10 is the low bound for the conversion factor but it’s likely to be even higher than that.

The best guess is (21 + 50 * ConversionFactor).

The Conversion Factor is unknown. For low intensity factions like Tomb Colonists it was 5. So that could be the case for the Great Game.

For Urchins it was 7. So this is likely the lower bound for Revolutionaries and Church. It could be 7, could be more, depending on how Constables and Hell go this week, which I would guess would be 8-10.

Bohemian and Society are likely to be even higher and I’d say 10 is the low bound for the conversion factor but it’s likely to be even higher than that.[/quote]
Guess we’ll find out soon for Hell, Constable and Great Game! Hopefully, I’ll be able to increase my Rev around 371, but that lovely card…! :D

List of actions to raise connections if anyone is interested.

What is the quickest way to increase notability from 6 to 10?

I have finally acquired premises at the Bazaar, but found conditions unacceptable. Therefore, to satisfy my depravity, I need to move to Spire-Emporium.

My BDR is 18, and my total wealth is 2600, including 260 echoes in cash. I have neither an orphanage, nor a salon.

What is better: a five card lodging or a remote address?

The quickest way to increase Notability to any amount is to have a lot of BDR and gain a lot of Making Waves very quickly. Typical MW sources include:

• Side-converting Tier 3 items (such as Brilliant Souls) in a loop[/li][li]Stockpiling and then up-converting Tales of Terror!! to Extraordinary Implications and from there to Uncanny Incanabula[/li][li]With an Salon or Orphanage, becoming very Engaged in a Scheme then cashing it all out at once

Of course, you could also just wait until Christmas. That way you would only need some easily-acquired PtPT: ToL rather than high Notability, a 1.5k echo item, and being a Tier 2 PoSI.

Which lodgings type is better depends on what exactly you want. Five-card lodgings are better for the Cave of the Nadir, Polythreme, and other locations with cards outside of London. Remote addresses are better when drawing cards in London since they remove a handful of undesirable City Vices cards from the deck, while five-card lodgings can only hold (and therefore remove) two cards more than remote addresses can.

I’ve recently returned from a pretty long period of abstaining from the game to let content build up and was unpleasantly surprised to find that I’m now getting a new action every twenty minutes instead of ten. Is this a new change that’s been made? I could have sworn it was every ten minutes.

It still is every 10 minutes, they did something behind the scenes and now the timer is inaccurate. You still get your actions every ten minutes though.

(BTW: in case you missed it SMEN is back)
edited by suinicide on 5/30/2017

Ah, well thanks for the heads up. Good to know I wasn’t just going crazy.

When do we get a search function for the journal?

:D

(ducks)

[quote=Reshemin]When do we get a search function for the journal?

:D

(ducks)[/quote]

The same day De Gustibus returns! :P

[quote=suinicide]

The same day De Gustibus returns! :P[/quote]

Ouch. That hurt.

… not that I didn’t deserve that.

About a month ago, I asked for an invitation to the Temple Club, in order to purchase certain lodgings with lots of collated research. However, I haven’t heard back yet. Is it time to sell my research and start grinding bazaar permits?

Sounds like it’s time to ask somebody else.

[li]
I asked in the Invitation to the Temple Club forum page - where else could I ask?

That’s the only place specifically for requesting invitations. You could try asking a specific member if you’re acquainted with any, but having posted in this thread might do the trick.