Weekly Questions, Beginning 28/11/2016

Got questions? Ask 'em here! Got answers? Post 'em here! Bonus points if your answers relate to the questions!

Do we get a neathy advent calendar this year?

The chance of it happening again are extremely high since there was one every year since 2013.

The chance of it happening again are extremely high since there was one every year since 2013.[/quote]

I’m just asking since it started yesterday.

The Fallen London Advent Calendar started on 1st December in previous years. So I guess you have to wait another three days :)

Is there any unique item or lore in the fate archaeology? How much is the highest value of all the possible items? And what about the average?

The Temple of the Uttermost Wind can, depending on your choice, give you a Silent Soul. I haven’t done many Fate-locked Expeditions, but I believe the best reward is 2 Elemental Secrets.

Does “Who is the third that walks always beside you?” still exist? I am sitting with my What the Thunder Said 19 for, like, a month already and haven’t seen the d____d card. (I assume RNG just hates me as well as everyone else.)

No unique items, but they have nice lore and great rewards(up to 6625.E)! From the Fate locked thread I found this being one of the best answers, but I’m not really certain about the mechanics as I only did the Serpents once.

It still is, but the card has unusual frequency so it may take a while before you draw it.

I’m finally getting to the teens in WtTS and I haven’t seen a card for about three weeks. All praise the RNG.

Weird, possibly RNG-dependent question: has anyone else sent and received only revolutionary literature (“something forbidden”) these past few days when giving & opening boxes of surprises? Probably just the RNG, but wondering if this is true for others as well…

I’ve had a number of different Surprise Package results over the last few days - you must just be experiencing an oddity of the RNG.

Thanks, good to know. I wonder if the RNG if giving me a message ;)

Actually, I have been “stuck” on “Troublesome” (compromising documents) for weeks now, with well over half producing that result. A bit of variation would be nice.

Incidentally, I’ve been trying to access the &quotstore&quot at FG, but when I cluck on the RU store, I get nowhere. just a page with the word, yes, STORE. Anyone else had better luck?

US store apparently exists. Maybe there is no EU store then, and i’ts all a bit of a wheeze?
edited by Jermaine Vendredi on 11/30/2016

Can I still receive Patron lessons once I am a PoSI? I’ve met with the Barrista and she wants to confirm I have stats at 100 at least and I can pass them with gear, but I don’t want to do that if that would lock me out of recieving lessons. At the same time, though, being a PoSI is very appealing (and after this Hallowmas, I’d rather be a PoSI for Sackmas, if at all possible).

Yes, if you unequip the items boosting you over 100. But I believe you can no longer send requests for patrons, though they can send them to you.

Small addition is that you can have a multiple patrons as long as your respective modified (Viva, Rat!) skill level isn’t above 100. You’ll need to ask future patrons to send you an invitation because you can’t sent request if you already have one.

EDIT: No point to double post so I’ll edit this one.
On average, how fast did you people managed to get a Cryptobotanical Rosette? After 49 battles the farthest I managed to reach was the Mysteries challenge and now I’m back to a contest of Strength.[color=rgb(0, 0, 0)][/color]
edited by Skinnyman on 11/30/2016

[quote=Skinnyman]
On average, how fast did you people managed to get a Cryptobotanical Rosette? After 49 battles the farthest I managed to reach was the Mysteries challenge and now I’m back to a contest of Strength.[color=rgb(0, 0, 0)][/color]
edited by Skinnyman on 11/30/2016[/quote]

While I can’t answer your question yet, I can say that I have been progressing quite splendidly through the tournament recently … Must be because my plant has been trouncing a certain Skinnyman’s … ;-)
(Sorry about that, I couldn’t resist!)

I barreled through it with relatively few failures but I also waited until my plant was at the maximum level before getting involved in the first place. I will say that the few times I’ve accepted requests since then they’ve all been from other people at maximum level so it might be that the tournament consists of a large number of people with high level plants. One of the side effects of people not being able to get out of the tournament I guess (completing all the tests just gives you the prize and cycles you back to the first contest). Not sure what to suggest except getting your plant to max level and praying that the RNG smiles upon you.

(Note: I’m no longer accepting plant contest requests. I’d leave the contest or destroy the thing if I could but the first one isn’t possible and the second one results in you having to grow another plant)