Weekly Questions, Beginning 26/12/2016

Boxing Day, the day where the knowledgeable traditionally answer the questions of the curious!

Yup. Only exception is the urchins/docks conflict card, which may or may not change when urchins get moved over.

Yup. Only exception is the urchins/docks conflict card, which may or may not change when urchins get moved over.[/quote]

Well that’s annoying, it doesn’t even have an alternate option that would let me keep both connections. Seeing how common conflict cards are, can’t say I’m looking forward to being brigaded by undiscardable cards when more factions get converted.

Yup. Only exception is the urchins/docks conflict card, which may or may not change when urchins get moved over.[/quote]

Well that’s annoying, it doesn’t even have an alternate option that would let me keep both connections. Seeing how common conflict cards are, can’t say I’m looking forward to being brigaded by undiscardable cards when more factions get converted.[/quote]
That’s rather the point. Favors are intended to be spent more than Connected was (with Renown being the hoarder’s stat).

On the flipside, the conflict cards are usually pretty profitable cash-ins. The converted ones also seem to be half-standard frequency.

I also find it extremely irritating. The hit is really big. I had this particular card in my hand for several days before I could complete the 7. The other thing I do (mainly for docks, which are more common for me) is spend a favour to slip below four. But I also dislike having my hand forced in this way.
edited by Ragnar Degenhand on 12/27/2016

Can you still clear (undiscardable) cards by doing a Flash Lay or going over zee, or things like that?

Nope, that’s been changed.

I only got 3 sets of Christmas Cards this year, the initial set and then ones on the 11th and the 18th but not on christmas day. Im in a Christmas Card Trading group and feel like im cheating my group because I didn’t get the same number as people for whom time visits on Saturday

If I get a top tier profession, do I need to keep my Notability at 5 from then on, or is it a one-time thing?
edited by oxblood on 12/27/2016

A one time thing.

Hello there, fellow Londoners. I have a question: I have purchased the continuation of Velocipede squad, and while researching the consequences of each action I saw a quality named Empire’s Conscience named.
What is this? I have only seen Empire’s Kingmaker, (which is constantly increased through the Affair of the Box) and now I am jealous.

Its one of the sides of the affair of the box, I think you get it if you side with the masters.

I have Tears! Tears of the Bazaar!

I’m also off to Winking Island as soon as the festivities are over, so, erm, what do I do with this stuff? I’m not that interested in a Noman.

[quote=Teaspoon]I have Tears! Tears of the Bazaar!

I’m also off to Winking Island as soon as the festivities are over, so, erm, what do I do with this stuff? I’m not that interested in a Noman.[/quote]

Other than selling it and buying some connection items to save money after you finish with the winking isle(if you want to turn back, or if you want help with St Destin’s candle and money could help), that or you can use it for taste of lacre, though if you plan to go NORTH there aren’t many things to do with it.
edited by The Master on 12/27/2016

I’m pretty sure it’s the one for siding with the revolution actually, but it doesn’t matter much since you can easily change sides.

I’ve been Approaching the Gates of the Garden for a long time, and finally got access to the club that shall not be named!!!

…and quickly reached the content barrier.

Now, when I get a card that lets me increase my Approaching quality, would it do me any good to do so? Is it useful for anything else? I have to admit, I still get excited when I see those cards come up.

Not really. But it is always fun to have some stupid high qualities.

Asking for a friend, who just started Ambition: Nemesis. Is there a way for them to switch ambitions at this point? I know in Light Fingers you can get Lethean Tea-leaves somewhere around level 40, but there’s not indication on the wiki that any of the other ambitions also provided it. Do they give some other item that let’s you abandoned your current one?

Light Fingers is the exception (by providing the Lethean Tea Leaves in the middle).
For any other Ambition (and for Light Fingers past that point) you have to spend Fate to switch.

This is half question, half feedback.

I’m not sure if the Twelve Days of Mr Sacks event is bugged in any way, but I seem to get the cards with much rarer frequency than the game implied I would. I did the storylet which iirc was the 1st Day of the event (I think on the 25th Dec). I thought I would get a card on each day afterwards starting from the 26th, but even though I play through 2-3 stacks of cards each day, the first that I got any Mr Sacks cards (the Day 2 one) was on the 28th. If this pace keeps up, I won’t be able to finish the event by early January or whenever it ends.

Is the game expecting me to play through more stacks a day or is it somehow bugged? I didn’t check, but I would hope/assume that a timegated card would get higher frequency/priority than the usual cards.
edited by kazerniel on 12/29/2016