Weekly Questions, Beginning 25/04/2016

Here’s this week’s thread for short questions and helpful answers!

How many levels of Connected did the previously converted factions need for Renown 50?

I think it was something like 320 or 370?

Tomb colonies was announced as “will require less” ( see http://community.failbettergames.com/topic21954-connected-the-tombcolonists-rework.aspx#post134693 ), and it did require less; con:262 was enough for r:50; con:26 was good for r:1.
According to Guy Scrum at http://community.failbettergames.com/topic21972-upcoming-connected-tombcolonist-rework.aspx?Page=1#post135218 :
Looks like the formula this time is something like favours = connected / 3 rounded up with a cap at 7 (same as before), and renown = (connected - 21) / 4 rounded down with a cap at 50, so 221 connected should get you maxed out renown.

and previously
docks: renown = (connected - 21) / 6, rounded down with a cap at 50, and favors = connected / 3 rounded up with a cap at 7.
// r:50 at con:321

(I can’t find the thread with posts about criminals’ conversion rates)

(I would assume society and perhaps bohemians/church would be way less generous with the conversion)
edited by xKiv on 4/26/2016

I imagine the Rubbery conversion will be reasonably generous. I doubt too many people have it all that high, since it converts readily into lucrative Revolutionaries connection.

I thought I had heard that somewhere around 150 was enough for Renown: Tomb-Colonists 50.

Time the Healer didn’t come at the usual time – anyone else having this issue?

Well, I’ll be d___ed, TtH didn’t come for me either. Noonish Tuesdays is usually when I get it.

(not sure it’s germane, as I’m way deep in the Mirror Marches, but it definitely skipped me)

Good eye.
edited by absimiliard on 4/26/2016

Mine has been about a hour later since the daylight savings time change.

How late is yours?

Three hours and change.

I’m the same, about three and a half hours.

This isn’t a question anyone will be able to answer correctly, but what is the level of connections with the society that you think would be good enough for 50 renown? Since society is pretty easy to grind I want to grind it enough to get 50 renown when the change reaches the society.

Have you guys with tth problems contacted support@failbettergames.com yet?

I hadn’t, as I’m out at Nightmares 47 in the Mirror Marches it really isn’t relevant to me at the moment. (and given how far 47 Nightmares is, it’s going to probably be a while for me to return to London)

That said, I should, for everyone else. So I shall. Thank you for pointing it out th8227.

{edit: and now I have}
edited by absimiliard on 4/26/2016

Dear friends and companions–

I am currently barred from the University. I hope to engage in a voyage of scientific discovery, in part so I can ingratiate myself anew. My &quotembarking on a voyage&quot is 3. I think I need it to be 4 before I can begin this voyage? I had some research I was working on at my lodgings (which is how I got to three) but it has vanished. (I suspect i used it up?) I have no recollection of how I got some in the first place. What can I do to increase &quotembarking on a voyage&quot to 4?

I am sadly confused.

Hepzibah Gordon

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Hepzibah~Gordon~

You need to set out to zee and go on a trip to Bullbone Island, Corpsecage Island, or Grunting Fen to progress it to 4. That will allow you to use your collected research in your Lodgings.

[quote=shapjul]Dear friends and companions–

I am currently barred from the University. I hope to engage in a voyage of scientific discovery, in part so I can ingratiate myself anew. My &quotembarking on a voyage&quot is 3. I think I need it to be 4 before I can begin this voyage? I had some research I was working on at my lodgings (which is how I got to three) but it has vanished. (I suspect i used it up?) I have no recollection of how I got some in the first place. What can I do to increase &quotembarking on a voyage&quot to 4?

I am sadly confused.

Hepzibah Gordon

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Hepzibah~Gordon~[/quote]

Well, If you achieved embarking on a voyage 3 then you are set to go.
Sail the Zee. You can now access 3 islands: Bullbone, Cropsecage, Grunting Fen at Zee.
Collect the research there and organize it back at lodgings. You need 500 pages of each research (there are 3 types) to regain access to university.

Good luck!

[quote=Gonen][quote=shapjul]Dear friends and companions–

I am sadly confused.

Hepzibah Gordon

Well, If you achieved embarking on a voyage 3 then you are set to go.
Sail the Zee. You can now access 3 islands: Bullbone, Cropsecage, Grunting Fen at Zee.
Collect the research there and organize it back at lodgings. You need 500 pages of each research (there are 3 types) to regain access to university.

Good luck![/quote]

My gracious thanks. Who knows how long I would have labored trying to reach four? I am off to sea!

Hepzibah

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Hepzibah~Gordon~

What is the best way to reduce persuasive with minimal losses in other stats or material rewards?

If you have an eyeless skull, you can bank their non-persuasive reduction cards and repeatedly take the Persuasive cards. I suggest a 5 card lodging for this, to not fill your hand with all the other Non-discardable cards.

You can rarely get an Eyeless Skull in the Forgotten Quarter, either by poking around or getting a rare success in an expedition. You can trade the skull in for 50 Echos afterwards.
edited by th8827 on 4/27/2016
edited by th8827 on 4/27/2016

[quote=shapjul]Dear friends and companions–

I am sadly confused.

Hepzibah Gordon

Also, the option to produce notes disappeared because you made enough already. It locks once you’ve reached a certain threshold iirc.

Well if you’re so inclined, you COULD always pay 120 Fate for Flint, have not all be well, and lose around 40 levels by drinking from the Wound. Plus you’d get extra Dangerous even over the level cap. (I think the amount of Persuasive lost might be a percentage of your stat as I did it with Persuasive 170-something and lost 38 levels.)
edited by Optimatum on 4/27/2016