Weekly Questions, Beginning 23/03/2016

Yes I believe those are the threads. Coincidentally, I am a dangerous specialization who could take on a new protege if anyone needs one. My influence is full at the moment, but I could probably snub a few old accounts I never do anything with anymore if needed.

Persuasive is a close second place because it has some special flirting storylets associated with it, like with the amanuensis and the lady in lilac. The other specializations don’t have special story or qualities content, but are useful for training proteges as they are in high demand. Dangerous is a difficult stat to level for new players for example. So they are good choices if you care more about helping others grow than getting more story for yourself.
edited by NiteBrite on 3/26/2016

Lessons are less useful at lower levels, but theres no reason to wait really. Just send me a calling card whenever and I’ll clear some room for it and send you back a protege request when I can.

Are they? I thought they gave cp, not levels. I mean, the weekly boost is nice and lucrative, but it’s only 250 cp a week- which is ludicrously lucrative, but minor enough that they’re not usually going to be the main source of cp if you play just twice a day. Sure, you accelerate yourself past the 250 weekly cp, but you still do get 350 from the lessons if you do all 5 each week, so it’s not a bad deal, and you can always swap to one that you aren’t getting lessons for.

Hello! My apologies for the interruption. I have two short queries:

1. I’ve just returned from a long hiatus and discovered that I do not have the quality &quotA Name Signed with a Flourish&quot. When I first logged in again, I could choose my progress in Making My Name for Dangerous, Shadowy and Watchful but not Persuasive. Long before my hiatus, I made… careful arrangements with both the Barbed Wit and the Acclaimed Beauty and subsequently got exiled to the Tomb Colonies after receiving a Memento of Passion. However, my Memento is now nowhere to be found and both &quotSeen with a Barbed Wit&quot and &quotSeen with an Acclaimed Beauty&quot are at 6. At the same time, I’m told I’m &quotnot ready to enter the Court&quot at the Shuttered Palace until I’ve made a name for myself, although my &quotCarving out a Reputation at Court&quot is at 3 (I don’t actually remember if I was Banished from the Court previously). Is there any way I can return to where I was without having to play through all the lower-level Persuasive content again? I have many other uses of those actions such as planning Zee-Voyages, stealing things, grinding Echoes…

2. According to the wiki, the third option on &quotGoing Gentle&quot reduces Connected:Society by 15 CP, but some commenters on that page found that their Connected:Society dropped by 10 levels. Has anyone here faced this problem as well? My Connected:Society is unfortunately rather low and I’d rather not lose 10 levels of it, or give up all my Favours:Tomb Colonies either, but the card is non-discardable.

Thank you for reading this! (I’m new here, so please tell me if there are any posting rules I’ve accidentally broken.)

[quote=roseamanelle]Hello! My apologies for the interruption. I have two short queries:

1. I’ve just returned from a long hiatus and discovered that I do not have the quality &quotA Name Signed with a Flourish&quot. When I first logged in again, I could choose my progress in Making My Name for Dangerous, Shadowy and Watchful but not Persuasive. Long before my hiatus, I made… careful arrangements with both the Barbed Wit and the Acclaimed Beauty and subsequently got exiled to the Tomb Colonies after receiving a Memento of Passion. However, my Memento is now nowhere to be found and both &quotSeen with a Barbed Wit&quot and &quotSeen with an Acclaimed Beauty&quot are at 6. At the same time, I’m told I’m &quotnot ready to enter the Court&quot at the Shuttered Palace until I’ve made a name for myself, although my &quotCarving out a Reputation at Court&quot is at 3 (I don’t actually remember if I was Banished from the Court previously). Is there any way I can return to where I was without having to play through all the lower-level Persuasive content again? I have many other uses of those actions such as planning Zee-Voyages, stealing things, grinding Echoes…

2. According to the wiki, the third option on &quotGoing Gentle&quot reduces Connected:Society by 15 CP, but some commenters on that page found that their Connected:Society dropped by 10 levels. Has anyone here faced this problem as well? My Connected:Society is unfortunately rather low and I’d rather not lose 10 levels of it, or give up all my Favours:Tomb Colonies either, but the card is non-discardable.

Thank you for reading this! (I’m new here, so please tell me if there are any posting rules I’ve accidentally broken.)[/quote]

1. Sadly not. However, there are some nice persuasive boosts, and you don’t actually have to play through that much. worst-case scenario, you should be back within the month.

2. It most likely drops 10 levels, as a price. on the other hand, it likely gives you 25 echoes worth of resources, which may well make up for it. Or it drops all the favors, and afaik, returns 33.5 echoes for them.

[quote=Grenem]1. Sadly not. However, there are some nice persuasive boosts, and you don’t actually have to play through that much. worst-case scenario, you should be back within the month.

1. It most likely drops 10 levels, as a price. on the other hand, it likely gives you 25 echoes worth of resources, which may well make up for it. Or it drops all the favors, and afaik, returns 33.5 echoes for them.[/quote]

2. I see. I’ll most likely put it off for now and settle my other affairs first, in that case.

3. Will going to Zee or accepting A Polite Invitation remove non-discardable cards?

Thanks for the reply!

[quote=roseamanelle][quote=Grenem]1. Sadly not. However, there are some nice persuasive boosts, and you don’t actually have to play through that much. worst-case scenario, you should be back within the month.

1. It most likely drops 10 levels, as a price. on the other hand, it likely gives you 25 echoes worth of resources, which may well make up for it. Or it drops all the favors, and afaik, returns 33.5 echoes for them.[/quote]

2. I see. I’ll most likely put it off for now and settle my other affairs first, in that case.

3. Will going to Zee or accepting A Polite Invitation remove non-discardable cards?

Thanks for the reply![/quote]
Not anymore, no cards are lost to that at this time. If you want high stockpiles of two opposing factions, you need to be willing to sacrifice a card for it. you will remove the card if by any means you drop below connected society 50- i believe that is the right number- or favors 5, though.

Again, thanks (: Have a great day!

So, I recently (as in a minuite ago) obtained an Eyless Skull, and am wondering what to do with it since I can already enter the nadir. SHould i sell it to some Revolutionaries for a major profit, keep hold of it and try and get five for a Ray Drenched Cinder but risk card draws that hurt myself, sell it to The Bazzar for a lesser profit but no increase in liberation of Night, or give it some person who needs it more then I?
edited by Kylestien on 3/28/2016

[quote=Kylestien]So, I recently (as in a minuite ago) obtained an Eyless Skull, and am wondering what to do with it since I can already enter the nadir. SHould i sell it to some Revolutionaries for a major profit, keep hold of it and try and get five for a Ray Drenched Cinder but risk card draws that hurt myself, sell it to The Bazzar for a lesser profit but no increase in liberation of Night, or give it some person who needs it more then I?
edited by Kylestien on 3/28/2016[/quote]

Since you can already enter the Nadir, the only reason to go for the Cinder is to have it in your collection, so if you want to you can go for that, selling it to the revolution gives a nice amount of echoes and increase in the liberation of night doesn’t do anything anyways, so why not help us wi…so it’s a much better deal than selling it to the Bazaar, I mean, what would Bazaar do with those anyways?

You know, I get the feeling you work for revolutionaries.

Eh screw it, it’s not like The Liberation Of Night is a every character wide thing that’s gonna tip if I sell one to you guys. It’s probably characer related. Probably.

WHat['s the worst that can happen?

I have sided with the Secular Missionary and now have no storylets concerning the Cave of the Nadir. Do I need to wait until luck would have it and I acquire an eyeless skull? Will that produce the next step in the story?

When you say you’ve already sided with the Missionary, have you already gotten the route to the Cave then? If not, then I’m afraid you are likely waiting for one last opportunity card to pop up. If you have, then I believe you should be able to head to the Forgotten Quarter and begin an expedition for the Cave right away, though of course you’ll want Archaeologist at 5 and plenty of supplies. You will also need the skull, which will probably be the next big stumbling point, as it can be quite tricky to acquire one.

I just got to the Empress’s Court. However, I don’t see it on the map - can I go back if I travel elsewhere? If so, how? Or am I supposed to stay here until I finih everything I want to do? If I left, would I have to go through the Duchess to get here again? I don’t want to start on these storylines if they’ll reset as soon as I want to go duel some black ribbons or whatever else.

You can enter the court with a single action in the Palace if you ever leave the court.

You can enter the court with a single action in the Palace if you ever leave the court.[/quote]

Great, thank you! :)

Errrr… I’d like to ash what the highest adrift On A Sea of Misery you know someone has is. Because apparently I have 491. Did not even realise I was so miserable.

Hello! I’m extremely new (Joined the day before yesterday) and I’ve been getting some dream opportunity cards that seem to be only giving me nightmares. If I progress through these dream opportunity cards, will anything happen to me besides more nightmares?

They are nice to read, but the only one that has any real rewards is what the thunder says. (But you do get the cards out of your deck eventually)

Thank you! It just so happens that the card that I’m on is &quotWhat the thunder said&quot so I’ll venture on.