Weekly Questions, Beginning 23/03/2016

Here’s this week’s thread for short questions, hopefully backed with helpful answers! Anything you’ve been wondering that might not fill out a whole thread in itself, this is the place to ask.

My main character account (in-game) is linked to an email that may no longer be valid/live by the end of the year. Is there a way to switch it to a different email address? Would tying it to my Facebook account solve any potential problems?

If there’s a super easy way to change addresses I’m not seeing it, so forgive me for that.

[quote=Kelo Eswe]My main character account (in-game) is linked to an email that may no longer be valid/live by the end of the year. Is there a way to switch it to a different email address? Would tying it to my Facebook account solve any potential problems?

If there’s a super easy way to change addresses I’m not seeing it, so forgive me for that.[/quote]

In game, at the top there should be a button to go to your account on Storynexus, there you can change your Email by clicking on it, not sure how it works exactly since I never used it myself through.

I’ve just pursued a case of books in the Bazaar Side Streets and failed. How do I reset it to try again?

You need to wait until you get the card again. So it is down to the RNG.

Is the card drawn only in the Bazaar Side Streets or anywhere in London?

It can be drawn anywhere.

Thank you!

Hm. Curious. I’ve just drawn the “A Misfortune at the Carnival” card as I have many times in the past, but today it is tagged as “can’t discard”. I can’t tell if this is a new intended feature for this card (which seems odd as there’s nothing otherwise different about it), or if it’s a bug worth reporting.

[quote=The Master][quote=Kelo Eswe]My main character account (in-game) is linked to an email that may no longer be valid/live by the end of the year. Is there a way to switch it to a different email address? Would tying it to my Facebook account solve any potential problems?

If there’s a super easy way to change addresses I’m not seeing it, so forgive me for that.[/quote]

In game, at the top there should be a button to go to your account on Storynexus, there you can change your Email by clicking on it, not sure how it works exactly since I never used it myself through.[/quote]

Thanks for the info, it does look like I can tie it to another e-mail without issue. Don’t know how I missed it!

Pretty sure of all of the following:

A. It is intentional. why?

B. We have swapped to favors and renown instead of connected for the tomb colonies, so:

C. It should be potentially far more lucrative (though currently the amber’s lost rather than gained, if the bug’s still there.) Theoretically, it should give 17.5 echoes for favoring the rubberies, i believe.

That all makes a certain amount of sense, but it still seems a bit odd to me to lock it as “Can’t Discard”, which is typically reserved for unavoidably bad things like nightmares or laudanum sickness.

Previous conflict cards that inflicted unavoidable losses did the same thing, such as midnight matriarch vs. skuttering squad.

It’s just the avoidable ones that you can discard.

What happens to undiscardable cards if your hand size shrinks?

For example, let’s say that I have a 3 card hand. The two oldest slots have banked rare cards, and the newest slot has a bad undiscardable card that I want gone. If I move to a 2 card lodging, then back to a 3 card lodging, what happens?

I don’t want to test this myself, in case that I lose the cards.

[quote=th8827]What happens to undiscardable cards if your hand size shrinks?

For example, let’s say that I have a 3 card hand. The two oldest slots have banked rare cards, and the newest slot has a bad undiscardable card that I want gone. If I move to a 2 card lodging, then back to a 3 card lodging, what happens?

I don’t want to test this myself, in case that I lose the cards.[/quote]

They go into your overflow and while you can’t see them, they are still there. They will appear in your hand again as you clear it of cards or move back into the larger lodgings.
edited by NiteBrite on 3/26/2016

What is a good way of burning through 158 levels of Connected Duchess? i just have 158 of it and not sure where to spend it.

Use it in heists! There’s a card you find when you’re doing a heist with a picture of a cat on it that will give you a point of Burglar’s Progress in exchange for a level (not a cp, a level) of Connected: the Duchess.

I think I see the point though; FBG wants to force you to make a choice between the factions on the card, something I’ve been working hard on avoiding up until now.

You can also store them until you end up in the tomb colonies where you can use her connections to get out quite easly.

There is a posi specialization survey thread on these very forums. Unsurprisingly, the watchful specialization is the most popular due to its association with the A Scholar of the Correspondence quality.