Weekly Questions, Beginning 20/06/2016

Is mentoring your alt considered allowable or exploitative?

Where should I post minor observations about connected tiny minor aspects of lore? Which Salon thread?

Er, a paticular phrasing by our candle-eating friends?

I don’t see why would anyone even know that you are monitoring your alt. That said, I don’t think so. The alt is a character as any other. The choice on where you will spend your free evenings is all yours.

Besides, NOT mentoring you alt will only give you legitimate bragging rights. If you don’t want to brag about how you never needed to mentor your alt to level them up, it shouldn’t really matter.

I am a firm believer that, as long as you are not competing with someone with rules and all, you should always do whatever brings you the most fun. I know that some people think that alt-farming is exploitative and unfair, but have you ever made the calculation of how much time a person need to build a large-scale alt-farming scheme? It’s almost a job by itself. The person already punished themselves by turning fun into work and/or by turning free time that could be spent in something trully meaningful for their lives into grinding for a browser game. They already paid the price of their explotation, you don’t really need to be outraged at them.

I don’t know if it’s officially been fixed but when I played this mid-May I had no issues at all.[/quote]

Ah. Out of curiosity, which character did you select as the lottery winner? The protege, the default choice, seemed to be the only one functioning properly at release.[/quote]

Ah, I didn’t know that. Yes, I chose the protégé … because the RNG refused to let me draw the right cards to progress my Aunt to the point where I could suggest her.[/quote]

Ah. That’s unfrotuante. Well, I’ll probably try and contact support again.
thanks for the answer!

Now, I know I read it somewhere, but can’t remember where, can’t remember who post it, can’t find it using the search, but there was a post/thread regarding the Fate locked stories and their connections to each other, in which order would be best to play them and so on.
Does anyone know what I’m talking about?
Cheers!

Should we make a new thread like this one? ( http://community.failbettergames.com/topic6071-the-eldritch-beings-of-the-neath-spoilers.aspx ) ?[li]

I think it would be useful for someone who is knowledgable, like say, Sketch, to make a new, up-to-date thread on the nonhuman creatures of the Neath.

I don’t know if it’s officially been fixed but when I played this mid-May I had no issues at all.[/quote]

Ah. Out of curiosity, which character did you select as the lottery winner? The protege, the default choice, seemed to be the only one functioning properly at release.[/quote]

Ah, I didn’t know that. Yes, I chose the protégé … because the RNG refused to let me draw the right cards to progress my Aunt to the point where I could suggest her.[/quote]

Ah. That’s unfrotuante. Well, I’ll probably try and contact support again.
thanks for the answer![/quote]
I played this story with the Aunt in late April, and as far as I can tell, all three characters were being played by that time. All three of them I can also still see in my journal entries, though mostly the Protégé; the text appeared exactly as it ought to in the game, but this problem (as well as the presence of numerous gaps for pronouns and the like) has not been fixed, retroactively at least.

I’m shuffling airs for docks favors- [values 96-100 or perhaps 95-100] what other profitable airs values should i keep an eye open for while i’m at it?
edited by Grenem on 6/25/2016

Does anyone know who has the highest level of Seeing Through the Eyes of Icarus, Touched by Framework, Walking the Fallen Cities, and Approaching the Gates of the Garden?

Didn’t really start my work on this subject, but here are mine:
0 - 25: lower suspicion which I get from lectures
26 - 75: RB with extra rostygold (just want to get the stat higher, nothing more:D)
33 - 67: 10CP to Widow
51-100: THiO w/o quirks as I need to advance there as well.
And, ofc, the 96+ option! :p
If you have interesting options noted down, I would love a PM.

I’ve done some research into Airs Values that give connections. I don’t know if I have found everything yet.

O-25 Opportunism in Spite gives connected Urchins and a Bundle of Oddities of a value which might contain Amber to trade for Rubbery favours.

33-67 best Connected widow option

76-100 Watchmakers Hill Provide training at the Department of Menace Eradication gives Connected Constable and some Rostygold

Airs 85-100: Honey Dens in Veilgarden gives connected Hell; 2 Maniacs Prayers; 2 Appalling Secrets and 5 Cryptic Clues. It does take 2 actions and your Connoisseur of Neathy Delights in honey. It also reduces wounds.

96-100 The Chandler for Docks

Selling information to the Constable yields a better output. 0.5 AP will offer 5.625 CP and another 0.5 AP will get you 60 rostygold from unfinished businesses in Watchmakers (average).
Now, did some search in my unorganized notes and found these as well:
27-48 GG uncapped connection in Ladybones
90+ dreamless sleep
Besides these there are the Cheery man card (67+) and Woflstacks in the fogs (25-75). Think I checked all the options and these are my personal best.

I know this question comes up rather frequently, but I was wondering what people’s opinion on Fate locked content. I was thinking of picking up a bundle of 100 fate (plus my 18 that I have gathered naturally), but I am trying to figure out the best way to spend this?

So far, I have heard Soul Trade and Lost in Reflections are good choices, but what are some other good options?

(I have already played Flint, so that is out)