Weekly Questions, Beginning 20/05/2016

To my understanding the current consensus seems to be using whispered hints if docks isn’t an option, since a (very common) rare success gives you two supplies for one set of secrets. I’ll copypaste the whispered hints -part of the end game grinding guide on echobazaar wiki at the end of the post, but I’ll add Mutton island as a personal recommendation for where to get them. I went there this week for a few days to grind stormy-eyed, and ended up with over 5000 whispered hints without even trying. I personally found the island an interesting little carousel, so that could be a way to stack up on hints without your brain turning to goo from mindless grinding. Good luck with your excavations!

From End Game Grinding - Echo Bazaar : &quotA loop through Coil 2 of the Labyrinth of Tigers provides 100 secrets per action when using &quotThe Thing in the Mirror&quot. In Coil 1 of the Labyrinth of Tigers, you can turn your excess Jade into Secrets with &quotBartering with the Tiger Keeper&quot: 1000 => 1100. If you still have access to the Court, ‘attend court functions’ under &quotAttend to matters of romance&quot grants 85 plus more Connected: Society. Hunters Keep can provide 116 per action when you &quotTalk to Lucy&quot/‘Ask her to take a stroll with you’. &quotDiscuss these Extraordinary Implications with the Custodial Chef&quot on Mutton Island to break 4 Extraordinary Implications down into 1000 Secrets.&quot
edited by John Moose on 5/24/2016

What are the best ways to get your soul back, assuming you will not spend fate?

Hoist the black flag while at zee, or the first option on &quotones public&quot. Another good option is &quotmerchant crying his wares&quot, from wolfstack in the fog, which is a card available at the docks when you have the fourth city rags.
edited by suinicide on 5/25/2016

[quote=phryne]Persuasive is actually the easiest one to raise IMO. Just invite lots of people for dinner/coffee and use the Confident Smiles gained thereby to increase your Persuasive at your Lodgings (under Matters of Society and Scandal).

Of course, the same works for Watchful (via playing chess) and Dangerous (via Sparring-Bouts). For Shadowy, it’s more difficult to find people willing to participate in Loitering since it raises Suspicion and decreases both Making Waves and Society connections…

Watchful has, I think, the best repeatable high-level non-social action: using Correspondence Plaques to increase SotC under Shadowy Dealings at the University. Needs lots of resources though, and gives you lots of Wounds and Nightmares.

Generally, the best really high-level challenges can be found Overzees, especially in Polythreme and the islands connected with the scientific expeditions. Take a look at the wiki, or just take a trip around the Unterzee and see what works best for your current stat levels… ;)
edited by phryne on 5/24/2016[/quote]

Oh, excellent. This is very useful. I was debating whether to wait on my ovezees ventures until I’d completed my own vessel.

I’m a bit confused. I recently turned POSI, now I spent a few days grinding to join God’s editors and I don’t get the bonuses connected to this affiliation. Actually, I feel pretty stupid asking this, but I have no idea where to find the &quotaffiliation slot&quot. Or transport, home comfort, ship, spouse or club, for that matter.

Well, first of all congratulations on your achievement! :)
And don’t worry as, at one point, I’m sure FL confused every one of us with something. To answer your question go on the Myself tab and click on your picture. There’s a Your Cameo label under it and, a bit lower, you’ll see a Your Lodgings label.
Cheers and good luck!

On your myself page you can click on “Expanded” (top right adjacent to the dropdown for outfits) that will show you affiliation, transport, etc.

Thanks a lot to both of you!

Seems I’m having some issues regarding the Artist’s Model card. I currently have:
An Admirer of Beauty - Beautiful Company
Seduction: Artist’s Model 2
Seduction: a Rising Artist’s Model 1
I’m only getting the other two cards (Unfinished Business with the Artist’s Model and forgot how the other one is called), but not the one that enables me to pursue courting her. I checked and rechecked the Wiki, but seems I’m a bit stuck!
So, what am I missing?

[quote=Skinnyman]Seems I’m having some issues regarding the Artist’s Model card. I currently have:
An Admirer of Beauty - Beautiful Company
Seduction: Artist’s Model 2
Seduction: a Rising Artist’s Model 1
I’m only getting the other two cards (Unfinished Business with the Artist’s Model and forgot how the other one is called), but not the one that enables me to pursue courting her. I checked and rechecked the Wiki, but seems I’m a bit stuck!
So, what am I missing?[/quote]
Unfinished business with the artist’s model is how you get to start courting her- or the one you linked, if not the one you’re actually getting. The option rekindle the romance, if you lack a partner, will unlock the courting storyline. To make it clear, there are two cards with the same name and different requirements.

edited by Grenem on 5/27/2016

Wiki says that the Unfinished business removes my Seduction: Artist’s Model quality, but the Remember the Artist’s Model card states that I only need An Admirer of Beauty. I’ll recheck the options available on the cards I get related to her.
EDIT: This is the second card I was talking about, but it’s not relevant at all to my question: City Vices: a Plea from an Old Friend.
edited by Skinnyman on 5/27/2016

Simple question: Can you unlock Flute Street without being kicked out of the University?

Wiki says that the Unfinished business removes my Seduction: Artist’s Model quality, but the Remember the Artist’s Model card states that I only need An Admirer of Beauty. I’ll recheck the options available on the cards I get related to her.
EDIT: This is the second card I was talking about, but it’s not relevant at all to my question: City Vices: a Plea from an Old Friend.
edited by Skinnyman on 5/27/2016[/quote]
Oh, my mistake, i misread it. Are you a posi? If so, i have no idea what the issue is. if not, there’s your problem.

Afraid not.

Afraid not.[/quote]
Damn.

Thanks for the help.

Afraid not.[/quote]
Wait, can’t you do it with both university endings? sure, only with university endings, but still.