Weekly Questions, Beginning 06/05/2016

Not yet a person of some importance. But in possession of ungodly amount of direful reflection. what do?

This turned out to be true, if anyone else wasn’t sure.

'Nother question: I just got my very first point of notability, and my Time, The Healer is less than 24 hours away. The description said that it would leave me with &quotjust enough making waves to maintain my notability&quot, and it’s left me with 1. Is that enough to keep my notability from decreasing? Do I need to raise my making waves, or do I need to spend it right away?

You need X Making Waves to maintain X Notability. As long as you meet that threshold before Time The Healer Occurs, you’ll be fine. (It checks whether to decrease Notability before it lowers your Making Waves, not the other way around.)

In your case, your Notability should stay at 1. Making Waves will then drop to zero, so you’ll need to bring it back up to 1 over the course of the next week.

[quote=TheThirdPolice]You need X Making Waves to maintain X Notability. As long as you meet that threshold before Time The Healer Occurs, you’ll be fine. (It checks whether to decrease Notability before it lowers your Making Waves, not the other way around.)

In your case, your Notability should stay at 1. Making Waves will then drop to zero, so you’ll need to bring it back up to 1 over the course of the next week.[/quote]

Very clearly put, thank you.

I don’t think i’ve heard anyone say anything about SOTC 22, but shouldn’t it be possible? Even the wiki only has it go up to 21. But 215 (notability boosted watchful) +95 (my current gear) = 310, so it should be possible. Is there something I’m missing?
edited by suinicide on 5/11/2016

[quote=suinicide]I don’t think i’ve heard anyone say anything about SOTC 22, but shouldn’t it be possible? Even the wiki only has it go up to 21. But 215 (notability boosted watchful) +95 (my current gear) = 310, so it should be possible. Is there something I’m missing?
edited by suinicide on 5/11/2016[/quote]

If I read the wiki correctly, the option is only unlocked with SotC 5-20, so you can’t use it to increase past 21 no matter how high your watchful gets.

(ETA: the option in “shadowy dealings in the university” just requires SotC 5+, but it redirects to another storylet, and that locks after 20 - I just verified this, it only cost me one action)
edited by xKiv on 5/11/2016

edit: so it is. At least I’m spared another grind then. Thank you
edited by suinicide on 5/11/2016

Try it. The storylet you will get redirected to will have one locked option.

Another question, this time forums-related.
I’m thinking of starting an art thread on here where I can take requests for sketches of other player’s FL characters, as I am trying to improve in drawing expressions and human anatomy. There is already a subforums for fanfiction and roleplays. What about visual art? Is this even allowed? I’ve read the forum rules.

[quote=Lady V. ]Another question, this time forums-related.
I’m thinking of starting an art thread on here where I can take requests for sketches of other player’s FL characters, as I am trying to improve in drawing expressions and human anatomy. There is already a subforums for fanfiction and roleplays. What about visual art? Is this even allowed? I’ve read the forum rules.[/quote]
I’d say either off topic: the surface or the fabularities of mr pages would both work, but i’m no expert. Both sound reasonable, though.

There are already some other folks doing art of various kinds in the Fabularities of Mr. Pages. I’d probably go there.

There’s quite a bit of fan art featured on Failbettergames ’ tumblr so I’m thinking they won’t object.

Fun fact, though. They assiduously avoid reading any fan fiction, because they don’t want to be accused of plagiarism – intentional or otherwise.

Hum, been three days so probably people missed it, but sorry for the same question:
As I’m almost done with my Patrons (Persuasive and Watchful) what I’m supposed to do?
Is there another option to finish the mentorship that doesn’t cost them MW or anything else?
Thanks!

[quote=Skinnyman]Hum, been three days so probably people missed it, but sorry for the same question:
As I’m almost done with my Patrons (Persuasive and Watchful) what I’m supposed to do?
Is there another option to finish the mentorship that doesn’t cost them MW or anything else?
Thanks![/quote]
As far as i’m aware, cutting it off doesn’t cost us much MW. if it does, us cutting you off will cost you a small amount instead, so if you’re really worried, send us a PM telling us we can cut ties with you whenever we want.
edited by Grenem on 5/13/2016

[quote=Grenem]As far as i’m aware, cutting it off doesn’t cost us much MW. if it does, us cutting you off will cost you a small amount instead, so if you’re really worried, send us a PM telling us we can cut ties with you whenever we want.
edited by Grenem on 5/13/2016[/quote]
Hum, they should add an option that once a protegee reaches level 100 he/she/it would be able to end the mentorship with the patron, get a small amount of MW and the patron should receive a reward (MW at least), not a penalty.
EDIT: Just to be clear: add an extra option, not replace the existing one.
edited by Skinnyman on 5/13/2016