Weekly Questions, Beginning 06/05/2016

You’ve got questions? We’ve got answers! Hopefully our answers match your questions, but either way, we’ll have fun.

Are there any ways to turn echoes into connections quickly? this probably is a stupid question, but it’s worth asking.

Does anyone recall the general EPA for Spirifying in Ladybones Street? I’ve never added up the numbers, since it would have to take into account the RNG for gaining souls from Spite in Unfinished Business and the connections gained.

Only in the 10-19 range using connection items (though I think Benthic/Summerset might be uncapped). At 20+, there’s no way to directly buy connections in quantity that I know of.

If you’re a Shepard (following the Soul Trade Fate locked story), then you get a card which allows you to trade large amounts of Souls and Infernal Contracts into a huge boost in connections to the Church, Society and the Constables.

I admittidly have a question that might be harder to answer: what is the plans for any other Fl changes? I expect myself and others would like to be prepared for any future changes.

OK, I never thought it would happen to me, of course, but it finally did. I made a misclick and accidentally sold my soul. I was about to throw the devil out into the street- because I’m a Shepard of souls, you damned snake! But I was looking through the options anyway, seeing what was different now that I am a POSI. I laughed at the still small offers. Then in my self-righteous fury, I accidentally sold my sold for only 1,500 brass. :<

So, I want to know, what are the fastest ways to get my soul back, including fate-locked options? And yes, I am committed to getting it back, so don’t try to convince me otherwise. I heard that there was an option for 15 fate, but I guess I need to luck out on getting a specific card for that?

I’ve even taken to piracy at zee in an effort to get my soul back- something I would never do otherwise.

In the meantime, is there anything I should do while I am soulless? The Iron Republic thing warns me that it could have permanent and lasting effects… is it safer to visit the Iron Republic without a soul? Anything else I should consider doing before getting my soul back?

There’s an Uncommon card with an option that lets you pay 15 fate to start a storyline to get it back. The only other way to get it back is to get very lucky with a Bundle of Oddities.

[quote=Natan]OK, I never thought it would happen to me, of course, but it finally did. I made a misclick and accidentally sold my soul. I was about to throw the devil out into the street- because I’m a Shepard of souls, you damned snake! But I was looking through the options anyway, seeing what was different now that I am a POSI. I laughed at the still small offers. Then in my self-righteous fury, I accidentally sold my sold for only 1,500 brass. :<

So, I want to know, what are the fastest ways to get my soul back, including fate-locked options? And yes, I am committed to getting it back, so don’t try to convince me otherwise. I heard that there was an option for 15 fate, but I guess I need to luck out on getting a specific card for that?

I’ve even taken to piracy at zee in an effort to get my soul back- something I would never do otherwise.

In the meantime, is there anything I should do while I am soulless? The Iron Republic thing warns me that it could have permanent and lasting effects… is it safer to visit the Iron Republic without a soul? Anything else I should consider doing before getting my soul back?[/quote]
if you don’t have it by christmas, you can upgrade your lodgings at the embassy from 4-card to 5-card for some price in ToL. on the other hand, there’s currently no material rewards for doing so, or for favoring the embassy over the cheaper royal beth for the upgrade.

I’m planning to change my profession. Does anyone know what happens if you disengage from one, and then the right opportunity doesn’t come along before Time the Healer swings by?

If you haven’t got a Profession you don’t get a professional payment. My advice is to wait until the card you need to change your profession is in your hand before writing that letter.

As I’m almost done with my Patrons (Persuasive and Watchful) what I’m supposed to do?
Is there another option to finish the mentorship that doesn’t cost them MW or anything else?
Thanks!
P.S.: Any Dangerous patron around? :p

That you, lady ciel!

[quote=Robin Mask]I feel I may already know the answer to this, but just in case:

Would plotting against the masters lower my masters connection?[/quote]

It doesn’t, but the story is short and adds an useless card to your deck and im pretty sure there is no way to get rid of it.
edited by The Master on 5/10/2016
edited by The Master on 5/10/2016

Does going to a Menaces area affect your progress on an expedition (or your rivals’ progress)? I’ve noticed almost nothing does, which I’m glad of because it means I was able to assemble the items I need to thwart my rival. But in the process of doing that and trying to raise my Watchful high enough to make it a sure thing my nightmares are now to the point where I’d really rather just go to the Mirror-Marches if that won’t mess up the expedition.

I’m pretty sure going to the mirror-marches won’t affect your expedition.

I do hope you don’t mind me asking, but does anyone know the best method to acquire Proscribed Material without forking over a ridiculous sum of echoes in the Bazaar? I recall having gotten a few through Opportunity Cards, in which case where do they appear with the most frequency?
I need 250 of them to exchange for Scraps of Incendiary Gossip, and hence Memories of Distant Shores in order to gain access into the University.

If you have access to the flit there’s a card there that gives you like 700 in exchange for connected: revolutionaries. You’ll need at least connected: 15.
edited by suinicide on 5/11/2016

Thank you very much! As chance would have it, I have most of the requirements already. What a relief!

[quote=EnigmaticVixen]I do hope you don’t mind me asking, but does anyone know the best method to acquire Proscribed Material without forking over a ridiculous sum of echoes in the Bazaar? I recall having gotten a few through Opportunity Cards, in which case where do they appear with the most frequency?
I need 250 of them to exchange for Scraps of Incendiary Gossip, and hence Memories of Distant Shores in order to gain access into the University.[/quote]
The route to the University will unlock automatically as you progress through the Watchful tracker. Unless there’s some pressing need, it’s probably better just to wait. There’s little to do there until you become a Scholar of the Correspondence and then the route will open for free.