Weekly Questions, Beginning 05/09/2016

Here’s this week’s short question/answer thread. Go mad! Hallucinate lizards!

How useful is Übergoat?

It’s good for end game. Necessary if you want to get SoTC 21, or maximize profit with expeditions.

It’s not 100% necessary for SoTC 21, although certainly helpful. You can get by with just an Overgoat if you’re an Extraordinary Mind and over stat your watchful.

The extra 10 points of watchful are occasionally helpful. The other thing is that it gives +2 Dreaded and Bizarre for a total +4 BRD. The only other companion to give that high a bonus is the Bifurcated Owl which requires a significantly higher fate expenditure.
edited by An Individual on 9/6/2016

Not actually needed for the latter, either, but the alternative i believe either involves a +3 watchful destiny and a fate-locked +1 or a +5 watchful destiny, or a watchful specialization with a notability charge of 4+ [for a free player, the number would be lower for each fate-locked +1.]

I just used this week’s Fleeting Recollections and I say I think I saw a new quality - but I’m not sure. It has the puzzle piece icon. Can someone clarrify what it is or am I just misremembering?

Probably it was the ‘Fleeting Recollections’ Quality being gone, but I just realized that I should have been visited by TtH yesterday.
Anyone else has/had this issue in the past days? Is it another delay or this happened because yesterday I was at the Shroom-hopping all day long?
EDIT: TtH visited my ~22h later than it should have had.
Parelle, that puzzle icon from loosing FR quality; nothing new here!
edited by Skinnyman on 9/6/2016

I’m slowly working my way up to a vial of masters blood. Do I want to become a correspondent right away, now that my renown is high enough? Or am I better off staying an author for the wine cellars?

I’m slowly working my way up to a vial of masters blood. Do I want to become a correspondent right away, now that my renown is high enough? Or am I better off staying an author for the wine cellars?

Quick Ambition question: I have Nemesis 38 for context and the next step shows that a high SoTC level lessens what I need to do. Is it possible to clear it at SoTC 1 or do I need to go through all content at the University and raise SoTC first?

There’s a step in there where you have to pay a number of items and having a higher SoTC reduces that number (although it never eliminates it). Pausing to raise SoTC a bit might be helpful but there’s no requirement.

In my experience, Author gives more practically useful items while Correspondent gives a higher total echo value and has a stronger profession item. If you still have use for the items Author is giving you and don’t need the extra Watchful/Persuasive boost I’d say wait.

Thanks. Also, what is masters blood useful for? 5 card lodgings? Anything else? I’ve mostly just been grinding for it because it’s there.

You can turn it into a special item when a special club comes(once a year, usually, didn’t happen yet this year though) but other than to sell that item for ALOT of love stories, that item is also currently useless.

edit:IIRC it also has a use in smen, but its not the most efficent use…
edited by The Master on 9/6/2016
edited by The Master on 9/6/2016

I’m wondering…what Factions would our Acquaintances be in? Or rather, which factions would the Regretful Soldier and the Sardonic Singer be in (it’s pretty obvious that the Functionary’s Closest would be Society, and even though the Forger seems to have cut his ties you do keep getting criminal favours through him, so.)

For Sardonic Singer it’s Bohemians, but I don’t think Soldier really has any Faction. Maybe Church, as he knows Bishop of Southwark and they likely share some opinions.[li]

Is it possible to collect all four items in the Benefactor storyline without Fate? I managed to get both the bowler hat and shoes without it, though I don’t recall how I managed to get the second one on top of the first.

Even paying fate removes the first item. No idea what you did but it sounds great.
edited by suinicide on 9/7/2016

[quote=suinicide]Even paying fate removes the first item. No idea what you did but it sounds great.
edited by suinicide on 9/7/2016[/quote]

It’s been that way since I can remember and it wasn’t till I started browsing the forums recently that I became suspicious that it was a bug. Better do my civic duty then and report it:D

How do I get “Embroiled in the wars of Illusion”? I have “Survivor of the affair of the box” where I sold it long ago, I think, does it lock me out? And if I just recently made POSI, what’s better to get first - 4-cards address or 3-tier profession?