Weekly Questions, Beginning 03/06/2016

Yes- but also no. You can gain the weekly rewards if-and-when you return to london, but you can’t have multiple payments while you’re at zee- if you have one, you can’t get another- so if you left on the day before TTH arrived, you’d need to get back home before the next instance of TTH manifested.[i] You have a deadline, but it’s over a week. maximum of ~14 days.

I believe perks continue to stockpile, too.
[/i]
edited by Grenem on 6/5/2016

If you head out to zee straight after cashing in your weekly reward you have 13 days to get back to London. That gives you time to cash in your next payment before TtH arrives again.

Brilliant, thank you both! Oooh, is that an island I spy on the horizon…?

Perks go to a maximum of 4, however. So don’t forget to convert them to trade secrets if you have 4 already.

Now, I have a really stupid question!
After I managed to establish a collaboration between my Aunt and the Masters I decided to keep a note on the success and fail rates. How deadly or beneficial are their &quotdrinks&quot (2 success and 3 failures until now). (This was a background content)

Question:I made a note about another action which involves failure/success/rare success, but can’t seem to remember what is it about.
So… what would &quotSMH&quot mean to anybody…? Told you it’s a dumb question
edited by Skinnyman on 6/6/2016

[quote=Skinnyman]Now, I have a really stupid question!
After I managed to establish a collaboration between my Aunt and the Masters I decided to keep a note on the success and fail rates. How deadly or beneficial are their &quotdrinks&quot (2 success and 3 failures until now).
Point is I made a note about another note about an action which involves failure/success/rare success, but can’t seem to remember what is it about.
So… what would &quotSMH&quot mean to anybody…? Told you it’s a dumb question[/quote]

I have been informed by others that the aunt’s opportunity card has a 30% chance to recover 10 actions, and deals 1 CP Wounds otherwise.

Based on my own limited experience with this card, I’ve succeeded 15 times out of 46 (~32.6%).

Of course, these numbers are no where near high enough to draw conclusions.

Let me rephrase:
I made a note about another action which involves failure/success/rare success, but can’t seem to remember what is it about.
So… what would “SMH” mean to anybody…? Told you it’s a dumb question

[quote=Skinnyman]Let me rephrase:
I made a note about another action which involves failure/success/rare success, but can’t seem to remember what is it about.
So… what would &quotSMH&quot mean to anybody…? Told you it’s a dumb question[/quote]
&quotShaking my head&quot is the only thing that comes to mind when I think of that acronym. I’ve recorded 200 results of the aunt card with a 27% success rate at 54 successes. Considering initial luck checks are always in increments of 10, 30% appears to be the number.

[quote=Erika]
&quotShaking my head&quot is the only thing that comes to mind when I think of that acronym. I’ve recorded 200 results of the aunt card with a 27% success rate at 54 successes. Considering initial luck checks are always in increments of 10, 30% appears to be the number.[/quote]
Still thinking and searching the Wiki. I was probably in a very big hurry as I noted my Aunt success with a odd notation. Must note that I’m not interested in the success rate of the Aunt card, but thanks for the info.
Only trying to figure out what SMH would mean; it has something to do with luck/success/rare success. :D

Cheers!
edited by Skinnyman on 6/6/2016

Dumb answers:
Secular Missionary’s Husband
Snacks from Mr Hearts
Sun and Moon Hotel / Sun and Moon Harvesting

I something that is worrying me greatly, my fellow Londoners. I hope you can help me. You see, I am currently exiled in Tomb Colonies, because of my Scandal getting out of control. What I am worried about, is the fact that I was on Empiress’ Court, and working on an Epic Poem. Will this get me banned from there? If so, is there any way I can get back? If not, do you have any tips on how to contorl my Scandal? I keep ending up with dangerously high Scandal, and that puts me in this kind of situation…any help is greatly appreciated

You will know when you get banned from there. The game explicitly states “This choice will kick you out of the court.”

So, stupid question, but I’m unsure on what to do.

I have been collecting echoes for some time and, doing a bit of math, I see that I have more than enough money to build an Orphanage (something I wanted even before knowing that it was possible to do in game). I need the money to hire the people and bribe the orphans into staying, plus the 110 echoes for renovations.

The thing is, I have enough money, but it is all scattered in items. Selling tier-1 or 2 items won’t give me enough money (I like to have around 1000 of them around for exchanges in game), but I’m not sure which higher-tier items I can sell without worry.

Even with the addition of the “commonplace” or “rare” labels, I feel a little doubtful, because an item may be commonplace after a certain point in the game, and I may not be in that point yet. Right now, I’m doing Affair of the Box (just unlocked it), works of art in Court (until I get expelled), breeding advanced beasts in the Labyrinth of Tigers, getting things to open my newspaper and investigating Jack’s case. My ambition is the Vake, I still have to kill the assassins after me (not looking foward to it, tbh). Is there any higher-tier items that I need in high amounts in the near future and I will regret selling? (I already had a hard time with mourning candles in AotB, glad my Someone is Coming was high.)

That’s good to know! Thank you very much! I have one more question, tho. In order to become POSI, does my quality have to be 100 base, or it can be modified with items? My modified Persuasive is 94, base 79. Do I have to wait until base is 100 or?

It can be modified with items.

After playing the card that starts the quest you’ll also need to pass that check for all four stats to become a POSI, starting with Dangerous.

I don’t understand. What check?

The check to see if your stats are above 100. You do them one at a time.

Yep, you take a tour through the 4 starting areas, starting with Watchmaker’s Hill (Dangerous) and ending with Ladybones Road (Watchful).