Weekly Questions, 10/04/2017

[quote=Matarile25]I want to get the &quotConnected: The Masters of the Bazaar&quot connection, and I’ve read that the way to get it is to be invited to a revel of the masters, more specifically, I have to be invited by Mr.Wines. So, how do I achieve that? Is it a Opportunity Card? And where should I look for it?

I have my Persuasive at level 80 (level 102 if we count items) and my &quotA Name Signed with a Flourish&quot quality at level four.[/quote]

If you have &quotA Name Signed with a Flourish&quot 4 you’re eligible to be invited to A revel of the Masters, you just have to draw the required opportunity card. It is a costly way to raise Connected: the Masters, but there are no cheap ways outside of special opportunity cards during holidays (especially Sackmas) or Fate-locked storylets.

Other ways to raise Connected: the Masters (I think the revel can’t get you past 1) are two options on the ‘A libraryette for Mr Pages’ opportunity card (both very costly) or gathering 2500 Romantic Notions and ask for an invitation to the Temple Club.
edited by Bertrand Lyndon on 4/14/2017

You should be set to start the revel, just need to wait for the card.
edited by suinicide on 4/14/2017

[quote=suinicide]
The gift won’t remove the card from your deck. Its a different story, but one that involves the same actors and places.[/quote]
Perfectly understood this, but I just loved that story! Plus, from what I read, one of it’s endings suits my RP and has a nice card! :)

[quote=Matarile25]I want to get the &quotConnected: The Masters of the Bazaar&quot connection, and I’ve read that the way to get it is to be invited to a revel of the masters, more specifically, I have to be invited by Mr.Wines. So, how do I achieve that? Is it a Opportunity Card? And where should I look for it?

I have my Persuasive at level 80 (level 102 if we count items) and my &quotA Name Signed with a Flourish&quot quality at level four.[/quote]
Or, once you reach PoSI and Bohemians Connected 6, if you have 0 Nightmares, equip the bonnet, unequip it, do some actions to gain 2 more CP and reequip the bonnet. This way you’ll get to Nightmares 3 and be eligible for this amazing card. It has an amazing option which gives 1 free CP of Connected Masters. Since I discovered this card I probably got around 10-12 points and I can say that the rare success isn’t that rare.
Depending on how many cards you draw per day, it may take some time to get the desired result, but, in the end, it’s free!

What are downsides of becoming a POSI?

The only minor disadvantage I read about is inability to use certain menace reducing items (+ progressing too fast locks player from lower levels events).
edited by Srebro on 4/14/2017

It doesn’t actually lock you out of using the menace reducing items, it just makes them less effective.

It doesn’t really hurt to become a PoSI, and you eventually have to do it anyway to progress, so I wouldn’t delay it. Don’t rush it either. Just let it happen when it happens.

[quote=Srebro]What are downsides of becoming a POSI?

The only minor disadvantage I read about is inability to use certain menace reducing items.[/quote]
Actually, you can still use them, they’re just slightly less effective. That’s about it. You also start gaining things that put menace-reducing cards into your deck, so it evens out.

POSI is the endgame. There is a ton of content that you must become a POSI in order to access, as well as two tons of new ways to obtain resources. There’s like one or two things that are meant to make life easier for new players that get taken away, although actually most of those are now gated by Making Your Name rather than POSI status (e.g. cheaper Suspicion reduction in the Flit, cheaper Wounds reduction in the Docks).

You should not hesitate to become a POSI. Honestly, being overwhelmed by the feeling of &quotthere are so many things, I don’t know what to do!&quot is ten times worse than any in-game disadvantages.

POSI is midgame as well as endgame, really. It covers quite a lot of content.

[quote=Srebro]What are downsides of becoming a POSI?

The only minor disadvantage I read about is inability to use certain menace reducing items (+ progressing too fast locks player from lower levels events).
edited by Srebro on 4/14/2017[/quote]
None. Best way to deal with menaces is social actions anyway.

I’m working on a Classic Short Story, but I’m eager to embark on a zeefaring expedition. Will I lose my potential if I set out?

Nope, you lose many things but potential is not one of them.

To progress the Black Society storylet, only five Fearsome Duelist qualities needed?
Is there any reason for defeating Feducci?
edited by Srebro on 4/15/2017

I believe Feducci gives the largest boost to fearsome duelist. So fighting him means less duels over all.
edited by suinicide on 4/15/2017

I ashamed to ask this but is there a better way to grind souls than unfinished business. it has been a few times I have seen the soul grinds are mentioned as being more profitable than AotB for sprifer but I dont remember any good soul grinds beside opportunity cards.
edited by suhe gul on 4/15/2017

Grinding souls for Spirifage via UB is more profitable than AotB. I’m not aware of any better methods to grind souls that don’t rely on limited resources like favours or specific opp cards.[li]
edited by Optimatum on 4/15/2017

I think UB is on avarage 18 actions for 30 echoes. which makes its epa 1,67 compared to 1,64 from AotB, that is not a big difference. but it might be worth it now to get more hell connection from sprifarage turn in. I am already doing opportunity card soul options.

By my math using UB is 17.5 actions on average for 30.3 echoes, which is ~1.73 EPA. It also provides enough C: Hell for two additional actions netting 2.40 echoes each, for a total ~1.80 EPA.

[quote=suinicide]I believe Feducci gives the largest boost to fearsome duelist. So fighting him means less duels over all.
[/quote]

Feducci also requires by far the most actions to get there. If your goal is to increase the fearsome duelist quality as fast as possible, keep taking the lowest option that still increases it at your current level.
There are two reasons for defeating Feducci:

1. to do it once
  2. to keep increasing fearsome duelist without limits (or at least without limits lower than 50).
    edited by xKiv on 4/15/2017

Do any of the local layabouts and ne’er-do-wells know the fastest way to get to prison?

I’m a late game POSI, and obviously I could just fail to steal from Embassy, but the loss of all my Connected: Hell would be pretty punishing.

Lectures in the forgotten quarter are a reliable suspicion increase, and a few items can be equipped for it as well.

Ah, I had totally forgotten about lecturing without concealing identity, thanks.

Out of interest, what items increase suspicion other than the pirate bandanna? I didn’t think there were any.