Weekly Fallen London Questions, 3/12/2018

Is it possible to reset and replay the Inconvenienced by your Aunt fate story? I’ve managed to land myself with the “wrong” ending and can’t find an option to redo.

It is, somewhat unintuitively, in your Lodgings under &quotWrite Letters&quot. 15 fate.

You can also turn over your University endowment to Dr. F______, &quotthe most despised of doctors!&quot I haven’t done it myself and don’t have the full text, but I know he goes below London &quotraving&quot about stone pigs’ blood, using lacre in ways that &quot[pass] from irresponsible to dangerous,&quot and getting kicked out of the University.

Many thanks. Please feel free to let my aunt know she owes you one.

Does this card draws in Spite indeed? And has no restrictions? Haven’t seen it for ages.

Yes it does, I’ve gotten it 3 times last week, since then I made sure to be in my lodgings for cards, I need those candles myself! lol

[quote=Honeyaddict]
Yes it does, I’ve gotten it 3 times last week, since then I made sure to be in my lodgings for cards, I need those candles myself! lol[/quote]
Thanks! I’ll keep on hiking there then.

I drew it myself last night, but have no particular interest in it. Murphy’s Law, eh?

How many Home Comfort items can one get from the Incandine Robe per Neathmas? (and can it be combined with Investigating the 12 days of Sacksmas with…)

AFAIK:

• one robe = one home comfort
  • after that, you can get another robe (I am not sure if you are limited to having one robe at a time, but I wouldn’t risk it)
  • there are two methods of obtaining a robe that I remember, both fate locked. One is repeatable unless you progress in that story, the other is once-per-a-snowed-in-week during christmas.

I think Robes can be stocked. Anyway, it shouldn’t be possible to get more than 5 Robes during one Christmas. You only get them when it snows, and it usually snows 4 times per account during December (maybe some people are lucky with Time the Healer and get one more, Idk). And we’ve always had an extra Snow event from the advent calender.

I’m not sure what you mean by &quotcombine&quot Robes and Investigating… These two things do not interfere with each other iirc, so you can definitely do both.
edited by phryne on 12/8/2018

[quote=phryne]I think Robes can be stocked. Anyway, it shouldn’t be possible to get more than 5 Robes during one Christmas. You only get them when it snows, and it usually snows 4 times per account during December (maybe some people are lucky with Time the Healer and get one more, Idk). And we’ve always had an extra Snow event from the advent calender.

I’m not sure what you mean by &quotcombine&quot Robes and Investigating… These two things do not interfere with each other iirc, so you can definitely do both. [/quote]

That I’d be able to do both, glad they don’t interfere!
Thanks!

Is there a browser extension for the new site that allows one to rearrange the order of options within storylets?

Dare I ask just how badly one gets rekt for taking Mr Eaten’s item from the festive treats? I know the item itself isn’t exactly a barrel of laughs but what if I, say, wanted it for the sake of collecting?

And would I also lose it to A Bad End?

[quote=Arcengal]Dare I ask just how badly one gets rekt for taking Mr Eaten’s item from the festive treats? I know the item itself isn’t exactly a barrel of laughs but what if I, say, wanted it for the sake of collecting?

And would I also lose it to A Bad End?[/quote]

Basically, this:

edited by Drak on 12/10/2018

A Neathmas question… is there a way to get more Pails of So-Called Snow apart from Time the Healer’s weekly one? I recall somewhere there was a Fate-locked method (buying a pail from urchins?), but I can’t seem to find the storylet in the game.

You can buy them from Urchins with Renown 10 some favours and some items. It’s not Fate locked :)