Weekly Fallen London Questions, 3/12/2018

Here’s this week’s quick questions thread!

Probably a stupid question: but is there a physical store where one can acquire Fallen London/Sunless Sea/Sunless Sky Merchandise?

Cheers!

Here my friend : http://www.failbettergames.com/store/

Thank you kindly Flynn, but I meant a physical location, much like an actual store somewhere where one could walk in and out.

Sorry for being unclear!

Does anybody think that anybody sings &quotHail, Britannia&quot in the Neath? At least, with no irony?
edited by Fredhot21 on 12/3/2018

What is the point of a Noman, besides the tamogotchi appeal and feeling sad in January?

Among things, Nomen can give cool lore, an Elemental Secret, tattoos at the FotER, or Seeking progression.

• Whilst alive, the Noman is an equipable Companion giving +7 to Dangerous, Persuasive, Shadowy, and Watchful[/li][li]You can interact with your Noman to gain a minor amounts of items[/li][li]If you are careful, you can get an Elemental Secret from it when it ides[/li][li]If you keep it alive until Millicent’s tattoos at the Feast of the Exceptional Rose, you can get a tattoo of your Noman

[quote=Fredhot21]Does anybody think that anybody sings &quotHail, Britannia&quot in the Neath? At least, with no irony?
edited by Fredhot21 on 12/3/2018[/quote]The New Sequence, having originated from the Admiralty and the Calendar Council, likely sings &quotRule, Britannia!&quot unironically. They of all people, though, are the most ironic, given &quotAnd Britons never, never, never shall be slaves.&quot

After another month of &quotHey, here’s my monthly $7 to the game that I used but got tired of! Meh I’ll go back to the Neath later and email support for the exceptional stories&quot I finally brushed off my procrastination and obsession with Japanese money/time sucking browser games (you may ask but it’s really off topic) and loaded back on Fallen London again.

Before I left the Neath, there were a bunch of long grinds that I wanted to do, but never did (Heptagoat & Cider), my Ambition was unfinished because it was festive season back then and I didn’t want to head out to Zee.

I’m sad I’ve missed out on Rose Feasts and Hallowsmas, and Election. Hopefully I can catch up on the wiki on those things, but… is there’s some major storyline that got a continuation in the free content?
edited by Lumyire on 12/4/2018

When were you last active?

I remember… around when they started with Favor equipment?

Is the Dr. F_______ referenced in many of the Faction Renown increasing items based on a real person? Or, is it supposed to the Neath’s version of Dr. Frankenstein?

Well, the Dilmun club got a continuation, the Court too. They are kinf of connected; you can now become a Poet Laureate when you return to Court, and travel to the Court of Tigers. There are also new expeditions and Light Fingers got an update.

Dr. F is mentioned in one of the Renown-branches for each Urchins, Hell, and Society. He’s described as a &quotpoet and speleographer&quot (&quotspeleo&quot being related to caves). It’s not referring to Dr. Frankenstein because the number of letters doesn’t fit (and the description doesn’t fit either).

When I first read the name in one of the Hell-branches, I thought it was referring to Dr. Faustus, but the year and the description in the other branches don’t match.

The Shifty Spectre has gone NORTH, an occasion that has to be remembered. I once visited a Tumblr where you could submit a link and obituary of your NORTH-lost Seeker and it’ll be posted there. Does anyone recall the link to this Tumblr…?

[quote=Vega]The Shifty Spectre has gone NORTH, an occasion that has to be remembered. I once visited a Tumblr where you could submit a link and obituary of your NORTH-lost Seeker and it’ll be posted there. Does anyone recall the link to this Tumblr…?[/quote]I had forgotten all about this until you brought it up. You may be thinking of the Obsidian Well, which records the &quotThey say…&quot part of your profile as a tribute to your Seeker.

The person behind the page, An Individual, left Fallen London a few months ago, and so I’m unsure if this is still active.

Suddenly I realised that Affair of the Box carousel has a plot progression resolution in addition to cashing out. If I follow to the end, will I be locked out of the thing?

No you won’t you can do it as many times as you want, a reliable source of Mourning Candles!

[quote=Honeyaddict]

No you won’t you can do it as many times as you want, a reliable source of Mourning Candles![/quote]

Thanks!