Weekly Fallen London Questions, 27/11/2017

Here’s this week’s thread for quick questions and answers!

Is there a better source of Favours in High Places than the party?

You can get FIHP in lots of 5 from the Minister of State Affairs per 20 Tribute at the Court of the Wakeful Eye

Upconverting stolen kisses isn’t bad, especially if you can use the MW. Costs a great game favour but the opportunity cost from that isn’t so high.

Aside from the Hell Renown 40 Item and the Heptagoat, is there any reason to return to the Iron Republic after getting the journal?

Actually, I was a little disappointed with the content there, come to think of it. I expected to be changed much more severely.

[quote=Daedalus_Falk]Aside from the Hell Renown 40 Item and the Heptagoat, is there any reason to return to the Iron Republic after getting the journal?

Actually, I was a little disappointed with the content there, come to think of it. I expected to be changed much more severely.[/quote]

Wait, how is Heptagoat connected to the Iron Republic?

When one is sufficiently goated, the storylet to obtain the Heptagoat is found in the Iron Republic, rather than on the “All fear the Overgoat” card.

[quote=Daedalus_Falk]Aside from the Hell Renown 40 Item and the Heptagoat, is there any reason to return to the Iron Republic after getting the journal?

Actually, I was a little disappointed with the content there, come to think of it. I expected to be changed much more severely.[/quote]
You need to go there for Ambition: Nemesis, and it can also be used to get Austere to 15 without lowering Hedonist.

[quote=Optimatum][quote=Daedalus_Falk]Aside from the Hell Renown 40 Item and the Heptagoat, is there any reason to return to the Iron Republic after getting the journal?

You need to go there for Ambition: Nemesis, and it can also be used to get Austere to 15 without lowering Hedonist.[/quote]

Doesn’t that cost fate?

Nope! It’s a grindable 5 CP at a time.

I advanced to Monster Hunter job recently, and can’t find out: does that profession have any implication other than lovely harpoon and weekly bunch of maps? I mean, half the top-tier professions have extra option of social interaction from affiliation items, so maybe MH, Licenciate and Glassman have some options too?
edited by curtistruffle on 11/29/2017

Hunting a plated seal at zee has an option which requires a notched-bone harpoon and which is variously better than the ordinary option.

Thank you good sir! And yet another question: are there any preparations one may attend for a coming Neathmas?

Getting Scholar of the Correspondence 10 is extremely helpful.
Having the Nadir available will enable the best cash-in for Taste of Lacre (aside from the action-heavy noman popping).

Also, if you are on the hunt for Taste of Lacre, you might want to obtain Night Whispers and Storm Threnodies to exchange with the Urchins for Pails of Snow.
A First Sporing wine will be needed at some point, also a Consonant Violin, to increase your Connected: Masters quality. So would a Dreadful Surmise, and a high Dangerous score.

Is there any way to send people Making Waves? I’ve almost got enough for more Notability

dinner at dante’s can leech someone’s making waves so if you find a willing victim, it’s almost like &quotsending&quot them

dinner at dante’s can leech someone’s making waves so if you find a willing victim, it’s almost like &quotsending&quot them[/quote]
Is that a lodgings thing?

Yes - it’s located in Attend to Matters of Society.

I said to Hell with it and spent a few thousand souls to get Notability 5 before weekly rollover. I had about 20k honey left over after getting my room at Bedlam, converting it to souls wasn’t hard.