Weekly Fallen London Questions, 27/08/2018

Hey folks! Here’s this week’s thread for quick questions.

I have some vague recollection of Wounds and/or Nightmares at 8 or higher not triggering the corresponding menace consequences storylet while one is still in the “The Fruits of the Zee Festival!” storylet, but only triggering once one returns to the Mutton Island ‘root’ storylets. Anyone know if that’s still the case?

It seems that Major Laterals have little use in-game except for roleplaying and flavour. Is that correct? (If so, that’s rad - I love these little &quotuseless&quot stats that add character to… your character.)

Is there any way of changing your Dangerous (Martial School) and Shadowy (Make your Toasts to) laterals, in the same way you can change the Persuasive/Watchful ones in Veilgarden/Ladybones Road respectively?

[quote=Vega]It seems that Major Laterals have little use in-game except for roleplaying and flavour. Is that correct? (If so, that’s rad - I love these little &quotuseless&quot stats that add character to… your character.)

Is there any way of changing your Dangerous (Martial School) and Shadowy (Make your Toasts to) laterals, in the same way you can change the Persuasive/Watchful ones in Veilgarden/Ladybones Road respectively?[/quote]

Yes, they are rather useless. And I do not think there is a way to change those.

That is the case for me.

Once you grab all four Ministers in the Court, which one has their storylet at the top?

Would someone mind telling me if using my trade secret for persuasion is worth it? I am currently level 182, nearly 183, though I am not going to use it until I hit 183. I know that using the trade secret gives +150CP but a hardly understand CP numbers.

About roughly how much/or many levels am I expected to go up using a trade secret when I’m level 183?
edited by LostLegion on 9/2/2018
edited by LostLegion on 9/2/2018

The order is Enigmas, Culture, War, State Affairs.

It will net you a little over 2 levels. Typically not seen worth the ~110 echoes it costs you.

For main stats, after level 70, each level up requires 70 CP.

Persuasive is the easiest stat to grind; it is required in so many carousels. Use the secret for the echoes (or you might want to write a classic story down the line).

When getting supply crates for an Archaeological Expedition in the Forgotten Quarter, which is the most cost-effective choice? So far the Docks Favour method seems to be the most lucrative – if you have the Favours, of course.

Docks favors are typically the only viable choice. Of course, if you’re in a rush to do expeditions, you’ll have to use other things too. None of them are particularly profitable so use whatever’s on hand.

I tend to collect Dramatic Tension (2 opportunities) in passing in the Nadir and once I have 2 (takes maybe 3 weeks generally) run the carousel in Wilmot’s End once for the 4 Strong Backed Labour (5 supplies each).

Definitely Docks favours. You could try getting the Connected Pet to speed the gain up a bit.

There is also The Visit. Choosing to visit the Soldier gives items and a Docks favor. He is the moste profitable option anyway.

So between the pet, Galatea, the Visit and the faction card, you have 4 sources. You can also chance upon a favor in the Polite Invitation event, if you choose a stately dance. I am not including the Mutton island carousel, it is too much work for a single favor in the end.