Weekly Fallen London Questions, 25/05/2020

Eggs are gone, but questions remain!

I’ll repeat here the question which I’ve asked in the thematic thread: upon completion of the Heart’s Desire if I’ve made a choice to help the Monkey and stop the Marvellous, how do I hire Cora Bagley for my lab?
edited by Wojciech on 5/26/2020

You have to wait for a card to pop up.
edited by Issimgur on 5/26/2020

So, I just need a specific Opportunity card? OK, that I can do.

I thought your Making Waves didn’t drop below your BDR at the end of the week? My Respectability is 0+19, and yet I’ve still dropped a point of Notability after taking a week off from the game. Confused.

Making Waves halves each week, no matter your BDR.

Making Waves has nothing to do with BDR. Your Notability drops if your Making Waves is lower than your Notability

I’ve been a daily player since for the past 5+ years, but I’ve been away from the forums for over a year, and now I’m trying to catch up with content that I’ve missed. For example, I’ve only just discovered the Laboratory and base camp to Parabola. I hear mention of the Bone Market, but I have yet to discover access. Are there other, recent additions I’ve missed? Oh, and how do we reach the Bone Market?

The Bone Market is connected to the Laboratory content, so you’ll unlock it by doing research. Besides those, there’s also Whitsun, a new seasonal event that just ended, and the conclusions to the ambitions! Then on June 3rd we’re getting further paleontology and changes to Paramount Presence.

Thank you!

If you’re already a Paramount Presence, be sure to check out Unfinished Business in Veilgarden before the change to get an extra quality that proves that you were a Paramount Presence back before Slowcake started letting his standards slip. (If don’t have it and you’re not extremely close, it may be too late to get it before the changes come, whatever they may be.)

On reddit, they announced that the change will happen on June 3rd.

Here’s a slightly queer thing: When switching to &quotIncognito&quot two of the slots (gloves and companion) are not showing up with the correct saved items, but two other items (and always the same two). If I put the two preferred items in those slots, switch to another mode and then back to Incognito, the two incorrect items have usurped my chosen items places once more. Happens every time I do it. Slightly inconvenient.

Anybody else getting this or anything similar?

[quote=Plynkes]Here’s a slightly queer thing: When switching to &quotIncognito&quot two of the slots (gloves and companion) are not showing up with the correct saved items, but two other items (and always the same two). If I put the two preferred items in those slots, switch to another mode and then back to Incognito, the two incorrect items have usurped my chosen items places once more. Happens every time I do it. Slightly inconvenient.

Anybody else getting this or anything similar?[/quote]
I can’t seem to reproduce it. Perhaps you should contact support.

It’s way in advance, but I’m wondering how being married to another player will be affected with the Final Ends? Will the other player be widowed, or will it be an instant divorce?

What do we know about the Final Ends, anyway?

This.

aside from that we don’t know more than the game has told us. It’ll kill off your character and the new one will come in with some nice rewards of some variety

This.[/quote]

I didn’t look much in there because of possible spoilers of HD, but here is the reddit thread with the three teasers, just in case.

I was in quite a similar situation just a month ago. If you happen to have accumulated many Ambiguous Eoliths during the charity event years ago, it is a bit harder to get to the Bone Market. You need Laboratory Prestige 5 and, inexplicably, one open worker slot in your lab. Or to simply use up all your Eoliths and keep petitioning the Dean until he throws you a bone.