Weekly Fallen London Questions, 23/12/2019

It’s the day we celebrate Santa’s first wife, Christmas Lilith. Happy December 23rd, everyone!

wow.

Is that the wife that the elves fashioned for him out of teddy bear stuffing and wrapping paper?

Wouldn’t her name be Lilith Clause?

I know it’s Boxing Day, but it’s also New Exceptional Story Day - regularly, at least! :)

Did they announce something somewhere that the new ES would be delayed? Usually, it’d be online at this time of day.

It’s delayed until tomorrow, Dec 27. I remember seeing it at the start of previous story, in the usual warning of ‘don’t forget to unlock it before…’

So I haven’t played for a few years after basically hitting the content boundaries and not having the appetite to grind my stats all the way up to 200 (they’re all at around 150 right now), and was tempted by news that the Ambitions are finally getting an update. I figured I’d burn through all the other stories that had been added over the years.

As far as I can tell, there’s… one? Maybe two? The conclusion of the Last Constable story, which was top-notch. There’s being restored to Her Majesty’s Court, which looks like it’s just a big grind, what looks like the conclusion to the Dilmun Club storyline, which appears to just let me visit some tigers and have one be my sponsor (which is interesting, but kind of slight), and there appears to be a new dream where you move around a city and pick up resources, but it doesn’t turn up often enough for me to work out whether there’s enough there to figure out what’s going on.

SMEN probably counts, I think that got finished after I stopped playing. I’m dividing my time between that and working out the new renown/favours system.

Am I right in thinking that the bulk of the “new” content over the past few years is all in past exceptional stories? (and in the Sunless games)?

[quote=merusdraconis]So I haven’t played for a few years after basically hitting the content boundaries and not having the appetite to grind my stats all the way up to 200 (they’re all at around 150 right now), and was tempted by news that the Ambitions are finally getting an update. I figured I’d burn through all the other stories that had been added over the years.

As far as I can tell, there’s… one? Maybe two? The conclusion of the Last Constable story, which was top-notch. There’s being restored to Her Majesty’s Court, which looks like it’s just a big grind, what looks like the conclusion to the Dilmun Club storyline, which appears to just let me visit some tigers and have one be my sponsor (which is interesting, but kind of slight), and there appears to be a new dream where you move around a city and pick up resources, but it doesn’t turn up often enough for me to work out whether there’s enough there to figure out what’s going on.

SMEN probably counts, I think that got finished after I stopped playing. I’m dividing my time between that and working out the new renown/favours system.

Am I right in thinking that the bulk of the &quotnew&quot content over the past few years is all in past exceptional stories? (and in the Sunless games)?[/quote]
The majority of new content would be Exceptional Stories, yes. A lot of FBG’s attention has been devoted to Sunless Skies over the past few years. We’re still several seasons behind on the Exception Season conclusion stories.

The most substantial, meaty updates to the base game are the Dilmun and Last Constable plots, as you mention, as well as the third chapter of the Light Fingers Ambition.

Some seasonal content got significant revamps (Hallowmas, Election, Fruits of the Zee). Sackmas has only minor new content (new Fate-locked investigations).

Three new Expeditions, one new Heist (or two, depending on when you stopped playing).

All of the major factions have been switched from Connected to Renown… the amount of grinding far outstrips the amount of content, but there are some juicy secrets in there, and the mechanical rewards are top-notch.

Oh, the Honey-Addled Detective has something to say if you’ve finished all the cases. Very minor, but it was added like a week and a half ago, so it’s still top-of-mind.

You can become a Paramount Presence.
edited by PSGarak on 12/30/2019

Have the Mood cards had their frequency increased without it being noted in game? I’ve gotten A little omen twice in that many days, which is always possible with Rare frequency, but even before that I’ve noticed that I’m getting opportunities for Moods more often. I’m not complaining, but I’m wondering if anyone has had similar experiences

My own, very subjective, experience is that they occur with more frequency nowadays.

Cards with multiple unlock requirements used to be more common due to a bug. That was patched recently, so all the other cards do have higher effective frequency!