Weekly Fallen London Questions, 13/11/2017

Seeking does not destroy (player) marriages. You can undergo a mutual divorce now if you wish, but if you want them to remain married for now, you can let your alt go North and have a unilateral divorce afterwards.

In what order do you lose dreams to insanity?

[quote=evapillar]In what order do you lose dreams to insanity?[/quote]All at once, and only 5 cp of each. Except stormy-eyed, because that one is special.

If you have at least one memory of light when you go insane or step through this mirror you can go to the mirror marches, where upon regaining your sanity, you will lose 10 CP of your &quotIs Someone There?&quot dream, but nothing else.

Thanks! I realize my question was unclear, since I was mainly talking about the Mirror-Marches. Are the rules the same there? I’ve only ever noticed a decrease in Is Someone There?, but maybe I wasn’t paying close enough attention.

Yeah, in the Marches you only lose Is Someone There? - I think it might be 10CP of that, although I’m not sure. The rest of your dreams are safe, though!

That’s really useful to know! Thank you all for your fast replies!

About a week ago I managed to write an exceptional short story, and ever since I’ve been hoping to get The Demi-Monde: Bohemians to come up so I can move from journalist to author. And granted, I haven’t been playing very actively this past week-ish because I’ve had much less time, but I’ve come by long enough to burn through a full deck of ten cards at least twice a day without ever seeing it. Am I doing something wrong, or am I staggeringly unlucky? I’ve seen all of the other faction cards in that time, some many times over (hello, Gunpowder and Zeal!) Is the RNG taunting me?

The rng is taunting you.

My alt is ready. And i want to choose Grieve. How to raise Melancholy to 12?

Restitution from KNAVE OF REGRETS can get you to 12, though pretty slowly.

Note that it’s much easier to choose Hate at first. You’ll get a chance to change your question to Grieve later on without any quirk requirements.

The same happened to me on one of my alts–I got the bohemian card once a day it seems like, and as soon as I had what I needed to advance to author it took 3 or 4 days to show up again. Just bad luck.

Note that it’s much easier to choose Hate at first. You’ll get a chance to change your question to Grieve later on without any quirk requirements.[/quote]
Oh, thank you. I am at last stage, with ‘Embarked on an Expedition to the North’ == 1.

If you buy ‘Reset your ambition’ for 50 FATE , do you can to choose any of other 3 ambitions , or you just restart your current ambition?

Your Ambition is entirely reset and you can pick any of the 4.

Thanks, suinicide and Taylor! Apparently complaining about it was the answer - it turned up first thing when I checked today. (Yay!)

A question regarding the Christmas event. If I’m not interested in a Noman, and have all of the Lodgings from Penstock’s Wicket, is there anything I should be preparing ahead of the events?

[quote=Waterpls]My alt is ready. And i want to choose Grieve. How to raise Melancholy to 12?[/quote]Increasing Renown: the Great Game past level 15 can increase Melancholy up to 15.

You might want to get a Long-Box if you don’t have one, but they have very little use. Aside from that just make sure you have everything to optimize the Twelve Days cards, I guess.

Though it’s worth noting that buying a Noman on the first day costs only 3 ToL, and playing through its story gives an Elemental Secret.