Weekly Fallen London Questions, 11/03/2019

Questions, thread, here!

Is there a way to increase my Ruthless from 1 to 3, without doing something truly awful? The wiki says no - only option I see is duping people with Nightmares 3. I looked for a thread where people actually want Nightmares, but found nothing.
Weird problem to have, I know.

[quote=Jolanda Swan]Is there a way to increase my Ruthless from 1 to 3, without doing something truly awful? The wiki says no - only option I see is duping people with Nightmares 3. I looked for a thread where people actually want Nightmares, but found nothing.
Weird problem to have, I know.[/quote]Actually, feel free to send a couple Nightmares dupes my way. My character consents, since it’s better that their nightmares find their way into the scientific literature than simply be dispersed.

I don’t have a problem with it, either, so go ahead. Maybe start a thread for this? Must be others who would be happy to help.
I tend to swap my nightmares for wounds before going down to the Nadir late mid-week, so just before that is when they’ll be highest.

Thank you guys! Much appreciated.
Another question: are my candles the only ones who seem falsely stuck in 12 actions, no matter how much I have?

[quote=Jolanda Swan]Thank you guys! Much appreciated.
Another question: are my candles the only ones who seem falsely stuck in 12 actions, no matter how much I have?[/quote]

My candles are fine, but the stat increasing mechanism seems to be screwy for me. I spent five Constable favours on an alt to increase Watchful, and got the message ‘Your Watchful remains at 173’. On my main, I can increase Making Makes via some mechanisms but not others. Turning my Tales of Terror into Extraordinary Implications gives me MW as expected, but if I cross-convert Tales into CDs, I get ‘your Making Waves remains at 35’.

I want to increase my Notability to 13, but I’m very, very nervous about trying it in case it just eats the MW for no result.

ETA: I just logged out on my main and logged in again, and now the cross-conversion is working again.
edited by Grouchybeast on 3/13/2019

I have the candles showing the incorrect number of actions problem, though in my case it tends to stick on 5. Actually spending an action resets it to where it should be, but it will go back to 5 with the passing of time whether the real number is higher or lower than that.

‘If you feed enough Hesperidean Cider to a Heptagoat, there is definitely some unique content, possibly’

Anyone actually tested two Ciders + Heptagoat?

Help! I was terribly careless and accidentally gave away my hungover terrier. (My finger slipped. I’m terribly sad now.) I’m no longer closest to the Bohemians because of the Location of the One-Time Prince of Hell which gave me an in with the Great Game. How can I get my dog back? I like the little blighter, and also he’s normally a regular source of Bohemian favours.

Fear not! You can get your terrier back! Indeed, you can get him the same way you got him last time: go to Watchmaker’s Hill with one Bohemian favour and no other faction’s pet, and you can be reunited with your permanently-tipsy canine via the Clandestine Rendezvous storylet.

Ah, thank you! It’s been so many years since I picked him up now that I’d completely forgotten where he came from. Much appreciated - the little fellow is back home, sleeping off his absinthe in front of the fireplace. :)

1. How many AP does it take, roughly, to breed a Hound of Heaven?
    EDIT: 2) If there’s a better grind, what’s the preferred way to grind wines for Tears?
    edited by Skinnyman on 3/14/2019

21 AP to get The Hunt is On!, Taming the Beast, and Thwarting Beastly Devils to 6
1 Action to breed with “Pulling out the Stops”
1 Action to turn your Hound of Heaven over to the Bishop.
And approximately 20-30 actions, I think, to zail out to the point of catching a Plated Seal and then make it back to London.

So somewhere around 50 actions total.

If you have a stockpile of wines, using the wines themselves to up-convert to Cellars of Wine, which will cost some Church favours, is probably more action efficient.

Anyone else having odd RNG results? I garnered 4 (!) docks favours at the Department of Menace Eradication and eliminated all my Suspicion in Spite (4 – with the option that gives contracts) withina dozen actions.

Edit:

And another docks favour… and another one … and two lots of dreamless sleep…
Okay. This post should probably go in the &quotCelebrating Good Fortune&quot thread…

edited by Meradine Heidenreich on 3/15/2019
edited by Meradine Heidenreich on 3/15/2019

[quote=Tyrconnell]21 AP to get The Hunt is On!, Taming the Beast, and Thwarting Beastly Devils to 6[/quote]Thanks for the details, but one more here: Do I need to sped any AP in the Lab while doing this or when resetting the progress?
Or it’s just the usual AP onyl to move the Coil and everything is done there?

There is no need to leave the 4th coil while breeding Hounds of Heaven. The three qualities that you need to raise can all be raised in the 4th coil, and they each take 7 actions to raise to the required level.

I remember the other major grind being Spinning of the Wheels for broken giant. I don’t remember which one was ultimately better, though. That said you do need Church favours to upconvert the broken giant, of which you get three from the hound, so maybe a mix of the two might be the best course.

Thank you, thank you! It’s about Noman preparations. Because Whispers are very easy to get now, I was thinking what are the options for Tears.

Well, Hyaenas will give an average of 18.9 E of wines, needs 9 AP to breed it, but 4 more to navigate (4?); we end up with an avg of 1.45 EPA.
A Boxful of Intrigue is 1.25 EPA of wines, but 1.46 if we include the plaques; we can do so because we need those for Threnodies.
Riding the Savage Cobbles carousel has a lower EPA of 1.16, but it gives higher tier wines in case Church favours are abundant.
The Hound gives 52.5 E of highest quality wines for 43-53 AP (using Tyrconnell numbers) for an 1-1.22 EPA.

Any experienced Zailor can pop in with more accurate numbers or anyone else with any ideas that we didn’t see?

EDIT: After a small Discord chat, seems that 20-ish is a decent number for getting the seal. :) Just for wines, it seems best to get the Hyaena, (move to C2, catch, move to C4, breed, cash in) and some Hounds if there aren’t enough Church favours.

EDIT :2: MP claims getting the Seal takes around 15 AP which boosts the Hound to 1.38 EPA plus a deck refresh.
edited by Skinnyman on 3/16/2019

Can you throw a Heptagoat down the well for St. Cerise’s Candle?

[quote=Arcengal]Can you throw a Heptagoat down the well for St. Cerise’s Candle?[/quote]Not sure if anyone had one when getting that Candle. Who knows, maybe there is a hidden option there!