Weekly Fallen London Questions, 09/09/2019

Here’s this week’s questions thread!

My TtH haven’t shown up yet, last TtH message was 8 days ago. Is this normal, should i open a ticket or wait?

It happens. If it’s more than a few days late then maybe worth emailing support, but otherwise every now and then it’s late for a few hours to a couple of days (and then it stays late in subsequent weeks).

It’s late for me too. Come on, I need my Nadir fix!

Finally! Got back my free evenings :D

14 hours late, but my TtH finally hit!

Mine too. I also used a Mood to become Correspondent half an hour before that, and the Mood lasted 15 hours. The treachery of clocks is especially treacherous these days!

[quote=Jolanda Swan]Mine too. I also used a Mood to become Correspondent half an hour before that, and the Mood lasted 15 hours. The treachery of clocks is especially treacherous these days![/quote]Yes, that happens to Moods during these times.

Is there any point, besides, possibly, role-playing one, in joining the Parthenaum? The Young Stags were slightly preferable even before the Connections rehaul, and now they win by an incredible margin, as they provide an opportunity to get 3 favours for negligible cost. Am I missing something, or are the clubs really, really unbalanced?

Another question: I’ll soon assemble my first 3200 scraps. What relicer item should I get?
edited by Wojciech on 9/14/2019

Perhaps the Respectable +4 the Parthenaum provides? When grinding Notability you need every digit.

The relicker items are, I think, purely rp choices. The one possible exception is the Location, which is used to upgrade the suite at the Brass Embassy and is also of use in Ambition: Heart’s Desire - but there is an alternative for both cases, so it’s not strictly needed in any of these cases.
edited by Jolanda Swan on 9/14/2019

Young Stags gives +4 BDR too, just in +2 Dreaded and +2 Bizarre form.

[quote=Jolanda Swan]Perhaps the Respectable +4 the Parthenaum provides? When grinding Notability you need every digit.
[/quote]

Thank you. However, as Kharsirr Lynx already mentioned above, they both provide +4 BDR. Arguably, Dreadful and Bizzare from Stags are slightly more valuable, as B and D are a bit harder to obtain than R.

I was just wondering if anyone heard of any plans to buff Parthenaum, to make the choice a bit more meaningful.

That would be lovely. FL is often asymmetrical, but you would expect membership in an elite society club to be a bit more profitable.

I don’t find them unbalanced. After all, not every player needs Society/Boho Favours. Some might find the Whispered Secrets or Suspicion cure on the Parthenaeum card more useful.
edited by phryne on 9/15/2019

A question: I thought of doing the plant storyline, but do I recall correctly that you have to feed it with weasels at some point? And then villains? Villains I can do, but weasels are precious little things to be cared for.
edited by Jolanda Swan on 9/15/2019

Also a coalman? And clerics? It leads the player down the garden path into sacrificing first inanimate, then animate, then human.
As I’m sure you will have noticed, a lot of people have a note saying “no plant battles please”. It’s debatable whether the plant is worthwhile. Certainly it’s frustrating at the higher levels to do the battles and drop back on the quality every time you lose.
I gave up at about level 3 of the battles (but level 19 of the plant, when the cards stop).

You can max out your plant by feeding it nothing worse than secrets and spiders. Basically the same as a real carnivorous plant, but bigger!