Weekly Fallen London Questions, 09/04/2018

Here’s this week’s short questions thread!

Hello friends! Does any of second POSI levels grants any other benefits than an ability to patronize young turks in a key stat?

PoSI specializations allow you to spend all your Notability to overcap a stat, setting the stat in question to (200 + Notability). Becoming a Paramount Presence allows you to do this for all four stats at once.

Thanks Optimatum! I have another question: will my Hours before the Deadline quality vanish iff I’ll embark for a sail, like other qualities like Casing do?

The wiki says no.

Thanks! God—n, failed Watchful again

Best place to get scrap?

Scrap is mostly available through Lodgings cards. The Bazaar lodging is particularly good if you can succeed on the challenge, as it gives four scrap alongside two echoes. The Brass Embassy and Royal Beth cards have three-scrap options and the Townhouse card gives two. The Lair in the Marshes has an option for one scrap, a Society Favour, and 1 CP Nightmares. Besides Lodgings, Calling in Favours in the Flit exchanges three Urchins Favours for 25 scraps and a Bundle of Oddities. For those who complete A Trade in Faces and choose the Curt Relicker, his card gets an option giving 1-4 scrap and a Suspicion reduction.

Scrap comes from cards, so &quotBest&quot is a bit fuzzy. You’ll need to add cards to your deck.

All lodging cards have an option that grants Scrap. Fancier lodgings grant more scrap. The four-card lodgings are the best (especially Bazaar Premises), but they all add up.

Calling in Urchin Favors in the Flit gives 25 scrap. If you are seriously devoted to grinding scrap, the Flit is where you will draw all your cards and that is what you will use it for. Also, get items that add cards that grant Urchin favors (Connected Pet & Winsome Dispossessed Urchin at minimum).

I hear there’s one Fate story where one ending adds a Scrap rewards to one Faction card?

So about gambling with the Relickers… theoretically, if you use the Armful or Double Armful options, you will on average gain 1 scrap per action. This isn’t very good, but it’s also high-variance. You will have to decide for yourself whether your own personal relationship with the RNG would make this a good idea or not. (Personally I gamble almost always, and am now up 540 scrap on ~600 draws.)

Is Obscurity the price she paid? How does it protect from sunlight? Can it see her? How can I…?

Perhaps you’re no longer worth the sun’s notice?

[quote=PSGarak]Calling in Urchin Favors in the Flit gives 25 scrap. If you are seriously devoted to grinding scrap, the Flit is where you will draw all your cards and that is what you will use it for. Also, get items that add cards that grant Urchin favors (Connected Pet & Winsome Dispossessed Urchin at minimum).

I hear there’s one Fate story where one ending adds a Scrap rewards to one Faction card?[/quote]
I have an orphan but not the pet and I’m drowning in Favours. 2 Standard Frequency sources of Favours (the main Urchins card and 1 extra) seems to be enough.

One of the Blemmigan Affair endings (siding with Constables and Pages) adds an option to the Constables card which, on a successful Watchful check, gives &quotproscribed material and a certifiable scrap or two&quot. Apparently, the reward is stat-dependent (like everyone’s favorite The Mechanics of Progress).
However, another ending of this story (siding with Bohemians) is widely regarded as both more profitable (in echoes) and more fun.
However (again), The Blemmigan Affair can be reset for 30 Fate (kinda pricey but the option is there).

Hello friends! I heard a lot about Affair of the Box, but never seen it. I did some affair with some box in early game, I remember Jasper and Frank came to extort it from me, and the box still in my possession, so I repelled them somehow. But what to do next?

The storyline continues when you begin your adventures in Mahogany Hall.

I’ve been away from the Neath for quite a while. If one is banished from the Court, can one find their way back in?

Yup! You need 5 successful terms as governor of Port Carnilian, and on the next cycle you can choose one that reinstates you.