Weekly Fallen London Questions, 06/01/2020

Thanks for your feedback! The issue seems to have been fixed now :)
edited by phryne on 1/11/2020

Apologies in advance for the simplistic question. I am delivering my PhD in a few days and my brain is mush.
Are 7 Tears of the Bazaar remotely enough to keep a Noman alive? I am not making sense of the relative thread, but I know it is entirely my fault.

Keep it alive for how long? I’d be very surprised if that was enough to last until the Feast.

(And good luck with your PhD!)

7 tears and how many pails of so-called snow? Either way, it’s extremely unlikely that would be enough to get a noman tattoo and keep it alive until the feast.

You probably want to do the regular Noman story this year instead of going for the super-expensive vanity grind.

Thank you! I have 10 pails of snow currently so I doubt it will work this year. How many Tears and buckets are likely to work, so I will know what to grind for next year?

Has anyone else noticed odd repetitions when drawing cards recently? I started noticing it a few days ago - I’ll draw, say, Reminders of Brighter Days and A Quiet Picnic, then draw them again immediately once they’re gone. It’s not any particular cards, but weird patterns of seeing the same cards drawn multiple times in a row. I’m not sure enough yet that it isn’t coincidence to file a bug report and thought I’d see if anyone else is seeing this happen.

I know that text dumps, especially of fate-locked content is disallowed, but that links to echoes in your journal are fine. So what would the policy be if I wanted to make a thread discussing certain storylets I’ve bookmarked from the Empress’ Shadow?

Indeed I have. Up to three times in ten, sometimes in direct sequence, and as you say, apparently random cards.

Well there is the thread for the story itself, which is usually where such discussions take place, and there’s always Fate-locked content.

I got &quotA voice from the well&quot twice in a row some days ago. That struck me as improbable.

I got &quotA voice from the well&quot twice in a row some days ago. That struck me as improbable.[/quote]

Getting any one card twice in a row is not that uncommon an occurrence. It’s happened to me two or three times in the past week.

I got &quotA voice from the well&quot twice in a row some days ago. That struck me as improbable.[/quote]

Getting any one card twice in a row is not that uncommon an occurrence. It’s happened to me two or three times in the past week.[/quote]
That one has only a rare frequency though, although it certainly appears the most often from all are opportunity cards.