Weekly Fallen London Questions, 05/08/2019

Here’s this week’s quick questions thread!

Has anyone gotten a blemmigan secretary of late? I have been opening packages for years, but I have never been graced with one of the vicious things.
edited by Jolanda Swan on 8/9/2019

I think Rahv or Idyl opened bucket loads of packages over the course of few years just to get the correct value. We may assume that RNG’s a bastard!
edited by Skinnyman on 8/9/2019

[quote=Jolanda Swan]Has anyone gotten a blemmigan secretary of late? I have been opening packages for years, but I have never been graced with one of the vicious things.
edited by Jolanda Swan on 8/9/2019[/quote]
I have only Blemmigan Tourist.
[li]

The chance to get one is 0.1%. Which, by the way, means that after 1,000 openings, the chance of having gotten at least one is only about 63% (and only goes above 90% around 2,300 attempts). Unless you flip cards very actively (or have multiple generous friends) and open 5-6 packages a day, it’s entirely normal to go several years of active play without ever getting one.

Yay…

I picked one up a while back and even announced it on the Good fortune thread. You really would hope to find them earlyish in the game, I suppose.

Oh, I want it for purely rp purposes. Since playing the Blemmigan Affair I became enamored with their poetic endeavours. Happy for your good fortune! When I get one too, we will introduce them to each other and then retreat to a safe distance.

What Heist give the most EPA?

Hm. I’m not sure that is an entirely moral proposal!

What is a &quotmood card&quot? Do only POSI’s get them?

There are two, one (A Little Omen) with the hand of cards pic and the other the spitting image of the rooms over the bookshop (A Dusty Bookshop). Beware ditching them by mistake!
They offer a choice of +30 on the stat of your choice for 60 minutes.
Rare frequency, but available from 10 Watchful, so very early on, not confined to POSI.
edited by Jermaine Vendredi on 8/11/2019

Wait, since Notability sending is back, is the following realistic?

1. Be at 0N
  2. Friend with at least 24 or 28 or so BDR gets at least N1
  3. Friend force-draws the amanuensis for free because of BDR, gets N2, force-draws for free again, sends 1N to you
  4. Repeat 15 times
  5. You accept 15 requests at once and get to N15 with zero effort
    I can’t find anything on the wiki that would prevent this. Is this actually possible though? Seems extremely exploity.

[quote=Jermaine Vendredi]There are two, one (A Little Omen) with the hand of cards pic and the other the spitting image of the rooms over the bookshop (A Dusty Bookshop). Beware ditching them by mistake!
They offer a choice of +30 on the stat of your choice for 60 minutes.
Rare frequency, but available from 10 Watchful, so very early on, not confined to POSI.
edited by Jermaine Vendredi on 8/11/2019[/quote]

Thanks! I indeed have had one of those. Only one, and I’m now around 70 with my stats, so either they are very rare or I’m just unlucky. :)

[quote=Dudebro Pyro]Wait, since Notability sending is back, is the following realistic?

1. Be at 0N
  2. Friend with at least 24 or 28 or so BDR gets at least N1
  3. Friend force-draws the amanuensis for free because of BDR, gets N2, force-draws for free again, sends 1N to you
  4. Repeat 15 times
  5. You accept 15 requests at once and get to N15 with zero effort
    I can’t find anything on the wiki that would prevent this. Is this actually possible though? Seems extremely exploity.[/quote]

Unless I’m misreading, that social action doesn’t wait for acceptance, so after the first time they’re already at Notability 1 and you can’t send any more.

Oh, that makes sense.

They’re &quotvery rare&quot, yes. Now RNG being what it is, it’s entirely possible to draw them twice in one day, but conversely it’s equally possible not to drawn any for months. And while random events tend towards a statistical average after a sufficient number of attempts, the downside of it being such a rare event is that you can’t even really count on that.

I wonder if it is possible to get another mood card if you are already holding one? I’ve had one in my hand for over a year (just hanging on to it in case I really need it) and haven’t seen another one since.

Edited for typo.
edited by Plynkes on 8/12/2019

You can have one of each of the mood cards in your hand, yes.