Weekly Fallen London Questions, 04/03/2019

[quote=Jermaine Vendredi]Pretty sure the fate expeditions can be, let’s say, extremely disappointing.
edited by Jermaine Vendredi on 3/8/2019[/quote]

A Gallery of Serpents never went below two 62,5E items for me, or two Skulls at the very least. Never in an hundred attempts through the years.

While the Gallery of Serpents only gives above-normal rewards (ignoring the 1% chance for Deep Blue Heaven to hit one of said rewards) the Temple of Uttermost Wind is not guaranteed to give better outcomes. IIRC it does have a higher minimum value than free expeditions, but it still has a high chance to give a normal reward; it simply cuts off the worst possibilities.

Thank you both, Azoth I and Pyro!
Had my hopes high thinking you were talking about option similar to Shroom hopping! :D

@ Optimatum

That may explain it – I tend to do the Temple rather than the Serpents. I thought the page in the Wiki with the table of expedition results had a comment from a player about this issue, but I may be misremembering.

I moved my ass and started looking in the very spread notes for the achievement list and doing an update after too long!

Besides the regular feedback, from the 183 companions on the wiki, does anyone have a decent number in mind to put on the list? We have many Fate locked, from old festivals (Fate again), retired and mutually exclusive ones.

I know there are some people suffering OCCD (Obsessive Companion Collecting Disorder) here so I’m looking at them; what number was hard, but doable without investing too much Fate or none at all?

The 40 crates, 7 Fate expedition, is never dissapointing.
And if you spend Fate, you simply get the yacht. I did that and I consider it one of my best Fate purchases. Around that point of the game, you have a ton of things to do, so I was eager to get to the zee as soon as possible.
Fate also can buy you some extra story in many cases: the Epigrammatic Irishman, the Jack case, etc.