Weekly Fallen London Questions, 01/02/2021

There is a turn in in the flit, but it will consume all of your investigating.

How many chances do I get to switch sides in the Family and Law storyline?

And can I eventually do multiple or more than one ambitions on the same character yet keep whatever I get from the finished ambitions?

[quote=EdalynClawthorne]
And can I eventually do multiple or more than one ambitions on the same character yet keep whatever I get from the finished ambitions?[/quote]

Not currently.

There are general plans for some sort of new-game-plus AKA metempsychosis, but it has not been released yet, and we don’t know whether it’ll let you keep ambition rewards.

The card unlocked at the end of the Clay Highwayman’s story lets you spend a few points of Investigating to lose a few points of Seeing Banditry in the Upper River.

I am no longer enjoying my dalliance with the Quiet Deviless, due to the feeling I will never be able to truly trust her (not a writing issue, just a personal issue projected onto my character involuntarily). Am I being wise and cautious, or just racist against Infernal people? Follow up question, if I’m wise to be cautious, is there a way to stop getting the &quotIntimate of Devils&quot cards?

P.S. I plan on keeping my soul.
edited by Azora Perlino on 2/8/2021

And I’ve just noticed that Preserved Surface Blooms can be sold to the Bazaar for 2.5 echoes. Huzzah!
edited by PJ on 2/8/2021

After my support ticket. Emily has confirmed that blooms selling for 3 scrip was intentional, but also that they have added a 2.5E option to sell them at the Bazaar, presumably for those who don’t want to engage in smuggling. I have to say I’m pretty stoked about it. Although now we have the bizarre case of an item that sells for considerably more in London than it does in the Hinterlands.

[quote=Perlino the Thief]I am no longer enjoying my dalliance with the Quiet Deviless, due to the feeling I will never be able to truly trust her (not a writing issue, just a personal issue projected onto my character involuntarily). Am I being wise and cautious, or just racist against Infernal people? Follow up question, if I’m wise to be cautious, is there a way to stop getting the &quotIntimate of Devils&quot cards?

P.S. I plan on keeping my soul.
edited by Azora Perlino on 2/8/2021[/quote]
There is tainting your soul through SMEN, but it’s kind of the nuclear option. Another way is to use the Feast of the Exceptional Rose cards to artificially progress the quality to 18, at which point you stop seeing the cards. However, that might have been fixed this year.