Wedding Plans

Confirmation from the EchoBazaar Twitter. Looks like the Attend to Matters of the Hear options will only be around until the end of February.

Alexis said on the forum that Weddings are going to be a permanent thing - see here http://community.failbettergames.com/topic7506-the-feast-of-the-exceptional-rose.aspx?Page=7#post58698

So make your proposals before the end of the Feast, but prepare for a long engagement.

I must say, as someone who is planning an actual wedding, the massive toll on both madness and finances seems to be a shockingly accurate simulator.
There should be a rival opposition like the the Expeditions though: Relatives who have decided this is their wedding.
As my Aunt Overstreet once said &quotWhat do you mean there’s no champagne fountain? You CAN’T have a wedding without a champagne fountain!

I think there may just have been a miscommunication and the EBZ twitter thought that the person asking was referring to the Feast of the Rose, to be honest. There seems to be way too much elaborate systems and stuff at play in both the Seen With and Espoused To content for it to be scrapped after just a fortnight; and none of it is Feast-flavoured, so it wouldn’t really make that much sense! I mean, I could be wrong, but given Alexis’ post I think Matters of the Heart are here to stay, to be honest.

Pity that you can’t issue wedding invitations to player characters (attendees would gain a little Making Waves, you would gain more!).[li]
edited by cathyr19355 on 2/15/2014

[quote=Catherine Raymond]Pity that you can’t issue wedding invitations to player characters (attendees would gain a little Making Waves, you would gain more!).[li]
edited by cathyr19355 on 2/15/2014[/quote]

[/li][li]That would be definitely nice. Maybe a one-use only (or very rare card) &quotinvite your guests!&quot storylet which gives you an amount of &quotOrganizing a Wedding&quot by your Influence amount. [/li][li]

I grinded some numbers. If anyone has advices about how to improve the number crunching, let me know.

A night of the town cost you 20 compromising documents (which you can grind at 1.73 echo / action via the box, so for 5.78 action 10 echoes of documents), plus 50 intriguing gossip. Excluding extraordinary successes, you can gain 53 of them with 11 actions via unfinished business, so 10.38 actions

for a grand total of 16.16 actions for the material, plus some X number of actions for the 20 points of mw, plus 1 actions to cash-in. This gives you a weasel and 64 points of Organising a wedding.

This means you have one point of Organizing a wedding for each (0.27 + x/64) actions.

Another really nice options are rats! They give out 10 points for 500 rats.
Keep your hands quick (the best rat source i know) gives on average 1 echo of rats for actions. So you need 6 actions to cash in 10 points of Organizing a wedding.

This means: one point of Organizing a wrdding each 0.6 actions.

By comparing the two, this means that you need to accrue 20 points of making waves in at most 21.12 actions to have that “night of the town” is better than rats.

This is completely feasible via Caligula’s coffee house and free dinner.

If you have some tales of terror, you can make compromising documents and MW out of it. And that’s nice.

Memento - i did not calculated the mw you need to keep your notability. If you have a really high notability (i would say, 8+) this has to be kept in account.

Some more advices:

• If you have a lot of connected: church and you do not mind to lose it, i would advice you to use your suppers, grind night of the town and then persona reccomandations.

-if you like, i would advice you to side on the church in all the Church VS devils and Church VS great game cards. you will gain only 30 connection points of church, but i think this + the added benefice of scandal reduction / second chanties may be wrathful enough.

• Becoming a writer gives 2 night of the town a week, 1 blackmail material, 1 cellar of wine and some other nice stuff. I think it is worthful the cost to change work.

Oh, wow, the vicars:

&quot[color=rgb(255, 255, 255)]This one smells of cheese. This one smells of gin. This one smells of Sinning Jenny… [/color]
[color=rgb(255, 255, 255)]
[/color]
[color=rgb(255, 255, 255)]Fortunately, the Loquacious vicar only smells of tea, and is charmed when he sees your fingers twining together on the arm of the chair&quot[/color]
[color=rgb(255, 255, 255)]
[/color]
Whilst you’ll be hard pushed to find anyone as obsessed with optimising the numbers as I am, it would be rude not to try all the options at least once, just for little gems like this.

[li]

[color=#ff9900]A couple of small clarifications:[/color]
[color=#ff9900]
[/color]
[color=#ff9900]1) Weddings are permanent content - they’re not limited to the period of the Feast. The Matters of the Heart card is here to stay.[/color]
[color=#ff9900]
[/color]
[color=#ff9900]2) A couple of people asked about rewards. I should give fair warning that weddings will not be financially profitable*. They are the domain of Venus, not of Pluto.[/color]
[color=#ff9900]
[/color]
[color=#ff9900]
[/color]
[color=#ff9900]*Above all, we strive for realism.[/color]
[color=#ff9900]
[/color]

[quote=Chris Gardiner][color=#ff9900]A couple of small clarifications:[/color]
[color=#ff9900]
[/color]
[color=#ff9900]1) Weddings are permanent content - they’re not limited to the period of the Feast. The Matters of the Heart card is here to stay.[/color]
[color=#ff9900]
[/color]
[color=#ff9900]2) A couple of people asked about rewards. I should give fair warning that weddings will not be financially profitable*. They are the domain of Venus, not of Pluto.[/color]
[color=#ff9900]
[/color]
[color=#ff9900]
[/color]
[color=#ff9900]*Above all, we strive for realism.[/color]
[color=#ff9900]
[/color][/quote]
Haha, I assumed as much. But I’m not interested in financial gain from the wedding as much as I am the story content it’ll provide. Guests! Happenstances! Bragging rights! Romance! My partner and I should be approaching 9000+ &quotorganising&quot by the end of the next week or so.
edited by ZackOak on 2/19/2014

I am pleased to announce that Me and Euodia Nhx, both residents of a cold stalagmite far below the city, have planned to tie our fates together.

We are planning to flee this cold, uncaring arena for some for some quiet time amidst the unterzee, and there join in mutual harmony. To this end, I have sacrificed upwards of 10000 rats and pretty much every secret I have. Can anyone suggest how to obtain recherché items such as tears of the Bazaar ? Is it possible to rob some banks ?

Pardon me if I ramble, for the exhilaration of the wedding has quite scrambled my wits.

PS: I do hope my surface avatar ever manages so grand a nuptial ceremony.

Well folks, after a week of solid grinding and cashing in, my wonderful partner and I have hit the 10,000 mark. Starting tomorrow, we’ll begin the wedding festivities when the option unlocks. We’ll be sure to echo everything!

[color=#ff9900]Apologies - there will be a slight delay in launching the next phase of the wedding content. We’re now planning for it to go live on Wednesday of next week. I’m very, very sorry for the delay.[/color]
[color=#ff9900]
[/color]
[color=#ff9900]Because this content is complex, because it’s so important to the people doing it, and because some of those people (I lift my hat in awe and terror to ZackOak and partner!) have already accumulated the amount of Organising needed for the top-tier wedding, we want to make sure everything goes as smoothly as possible for the early adopters. [/color]
[color=#ff9900]
[/color]
[color=#ff9900]However, I can promise the following:[/color]
[color=#ff9900]
[/color]
[color=#ff9900]It will not rai-ee-ain on your wedding day. [/color]
[color=#ff9900]
[/color]
[color=#ff9900]Your guests will not be eaten by the Vake. [/color]
[color=#ff9900]
[/color]
[color=#ff9900]Jack of Smiles is not hiding in the cake.[/color]
[color=#ff9900]
[/color]
[color=#ff9900]Again, sincere apologies. I hope you’ll bear with us for a few days.[/color]

No worries! I can wait a little longer, and take the time to recoup some of my losses. Plus, I have next Wednesday off of work, so that works better than trying to manage a full shift while being full of anticipation.
edited by ZackOak on 2/20/2014

[quote=Chris Gardiner][color=#ff9900]Jack of Smiles is not hiding in the cake.[/color][/quote]You guys would make a killing if you charged Fate for this.

[li]
Oh I think it wouldn’t dare. Our wedding guests are a bit excitable and quick to reach for a gun or a knife, especially if someone mentions the word &quothunt&quot. The bride might also want a new leathery cloak to match that Starveling Stole.

[quote=Pyrodinium][quote=Chris Gardiner]
[/quote]

[li]
Oh I think it wouldn’t dare. Our wedding guests are a bit excitable and quick to reach for a gun or a knife, especially if someone mentions the word &quothunt&quot. The bride might also want a new leathery cloak to match that Starveling Stole.[/quote]
[/li][li]
[/li][li]Your wedding sounds like an interesting affair. :P
[/li]

[quote=Flipz][quote=Pyrodinium][quote=Chris Gardiner]
[/quote]

[li]
Oh I think it wouldn’t dare. Our wedding guests are a bit excitable and quick to reach for a gun or a knife, especially if someone mentions the word &quothunt&quot. The bride might also want a new leathery cloak to match that Starveling Stole.[/quote]
[/li][li]
[/li][li]Your wedding sounds like an interesting affair. :P
[/li][/quote]

It’s a maritime wedding to die for :) You can join us if you wish. Do note that Iron Hats double as formal wear and survival gear.
[li][/li][li][/li]
edited by Pyrodinium on 2/21/2014

So, now that I have entered the planning stage, I have a question: Does anyone know if the range of options expands for other items to be directly useable, like high level Mysteries items, or is it better just to cash them out and use the Echoes to get things that are more useful?

More options do increase as your Organising increases; the last one unlocks at Organising 200. here’s all the costs for things.
Though Mysteries items aren’t really all that useful at any point.