Wedding Plans

So, who among us is currently planning a wedding in game? After a lot of work, I finally managed to get to the proposal state, and now I find myself waiting for the &quotplan a wedding&quot card. Has anyone else gotten this far? If so, have you drawn the card, and how often does it appear?

i would like to know what are the benefits and options for marriage to another player too. sounds awfully expensive. especially marriage to a POSI. the “dating” options seem to be quite useful for obtaining romantic notions and memories of light?

I’m somewhat curious how this convolves around, well, already being married. (In Humblest’s case, to the Celebrated Artist’s Model.)

All righty, so from where I’m standing, it turns out there are a lot of very interesting options for venues, each more expensive than the last. The way it works seems to be trading items for organising a wedding quality, with rare/incredibly-difficult-to-obtain items being the most profitable to trade in. The ultimate goal is a wedding under the dome of St. Fiacre’s and a reception in the Shuttered Palace, which requires a jaw-dropping 10,000 &quotorganising.&quot So, we can strategize the best ways to get to that level or the more attainable ones below it. Who has ideas?
edited by ZackOak on 2/14/2014

My Character and Shylan are in full preparation.

I am a little bit puzzled about whether “matters of heart” and the preparation of a wedding are only available during the feast or not.

Some ideas:

• remember that cashing items for preparations cost 1 action. So, virtually, you would like to cash the most expensive item possible.
    On the other side, remember that the 312.5 items are, often, more expensive than their echo value.

• Check with your partner which kind of wedding you would like, so not to spend preparations in excess.

• Most items give a preparation value equal to their echo cost, per excess. So a blackmail material (12.5 echo) gives 13 points.
    Rats give a double value!!! 10 points for 500 rats (5 echo).

Who knows the best way to catch rats?

• It seems like that also the action which cost connection: church give more “preparation” than their echo value. But i’m not so sure.

Did anyone tried to prepare their wedding with unlawful means?

How does one prepare a wedding with unlawful means, exactly? Also, I’ve done some number-crunching, and to get to the ultimate prize of the 10,000 &quotorganising&quot level wedding, it’s going to cost the rough equivalent of buying an overgoat. If you did this through nothing but cashing in rats, it’ll cost 10k echoes of rats and take 1000 actions. Right now, authors are going to be sitting pretty; authors earn blackmail material (13 points), a cellar of wine (13 points), and two nights on the town (124 points if you’ve got at least 200 &quotorganising&quot) a week, for a grand total of 150 points of organising. That said, right now the most cost-effective thing to do appears to be getting the bishop to officiate, even if it costs nearly 350 change points of connected: the church, followed by buying rats. Unless there are options I can further unlock as I keep plugging away, those seem to be the best options available to us as of right now. I’ll keep folks posted if anything new pops up.

[quote=Zack Oak]All righty, so from where I’m standing, it turns out there are a lot of very interesting options for venues, each more expensive than the last. The way it works seems to be trading items for organising a wedding quality, with rare/incredibly-difficult-to-obtain items being the most profitable to trade in. The ultimate goal is a wedding under the dome of St. Fiacre’s and a reception in the Shuttered Palace, which requires a jaw-dropping 10,000 &quotorganising.&quot So, we can strategize the best ways to get to that level or the more attainable ones below it. Who has ideas?
edited by ZackOak on 2/14/2014[/quote]

~10 000 echos worth of resources to plan the ultimate underground wedding?!? that could cost me 4 months/++ of grinding if i only login once a day. what about the cheaper options?

We really want to be the first person to do that.
But we really don’t want to marry someone without there being a good, in-character reason for it.
… Damn it.

My sentiments exactly snowskeeper.

This is great, so many new things to do. So many new things to spend my hard-earned* loot on too!

There’s a useful option on the matters of the heart page, where you can &quotOffer to to take over the preparations from your betrothed&quot. With all of 13 organising, I thought that was safe to risk. As Zack Oak points out, author profession is looking like a good bet for this, and since I have that, I just gave it a go.

Turns out this doesn’t reset organising progress, so you can share the grind, assuming there’s no limit to how often you can transfer, and if the cost doesn’t get worse. Accepting the first request to transfer preparations gave +1 nightmare change, so that’s no big deal.

*well, mostly stolen, but hey
[li]

If one’s committed, the marriage/proposal options are locked (and I would assume that for other players, one doesn’t show up as an option for proposing, but I haven’t tested that. I should have my alt check that out.)
edited by Rahirah on 2/14/2014

The cheapest weddings in terms of preparation only require 5 &quotorganising&quot and a small-ish collection of items that are a good handful of echoes or actions to obtain. Eloping, a riverside ceremony, or a hasty wedding in the back of a store. Then there’s a proper spite wedding at 100 Organising, a rooftop wedding at 200, a wedding on Watchmaker’s Hill for 300, a wedding at zee for 500, a Bohemian celebration for 750, and a grand event at 1000. The 1000 event takes place in St. Dunstan’s, with a celebration in a ballroom at the Shuttered Palace. Each of these weddings will give a greater selection of guests and events that can take place during them. Obviously, the best stuff happens at the 10k level, but I would be stunned if the 1000-organising level isn’t absolutely fantastic to see.

Progress update: after cashing in over 100 full levels of Connected: the Church, spending over a thousand or more echoes on stolen correspondence plus untold scores of actions converting them to the requisite personal recommendations, I have found myself at Organising a Wedding 1799. So far the option of a stag night unlocked at 200 Organising is the highest-level quality booster I can find. I don’t know if any more will unlock when I hit 2000 or more, but you’ll be among the first to know if something does.
edited by ZackOak on 2/15/2014

Good lord I didn’t expect a system of such behemoth proportions. Any word of what the eventual reward might be of being Espoused to someone? I’m not really keen on leaving my Artist’s Model unless there’s something better in store.

A pity you can’t plan a wedding for npc spouses. Sounds like an interesting story opportunity.

Preeeetty sure it’s +1 to all main stats. Plus the weddings themselves are events in and of themselves.

My character had just received a most delicious “Yes” from his fiancee but he seem rather strapped for cash. He would probably spend some time “Shopping” at the Flit for wedding materials such as Tales of Terror! and Bazaar Permits. He’s but a humble Rat-Catcher so I want to ask if these grindable storylets wouldn’t get locked down as they gain “Organizing a Wedding”.

[quote=Snowskeeper]We really want to be the first person to do that.
But we really don’t want to marry someone without there being a good, in-character reason for it.
… Damn it.[/quote]

I kind of want to marry Narci just because, between the two of us, we’d have to have the most fabulous wedding humanly possible. It’d be Neath law or something.
The actual marriage would be a disaster, so one of us would have to leave the other at the alter, but the party would be talked about for AGES!

[li]
Bazaar permits can only be used in the first phase of the preparations.

On the other hand, rats are pretty much useful for the buffet, if your character has good stocks of them!

[li]
Bazaar permits can only be used in the first phase of the preparations.

On the other hand, rats are pretty much useful for the buffet, if your character has good stocks of them![/quote]

[/li][li]Well I happen to have boatloads of rats. :) Thanks[/li][li]

I’m grinding for the venue that’s almost as expensive as an overgoat. We’re going half and half on costs, but I am echo poor so I have -at least- two weeks of grinding absinthe in the affair of the box to get the remaining ~3000 echos for my half. You’d think that as long as I’ve been playing I’d have some echos, but in truth I am echo poor from losing stats and regaining them over and over for the past 7ish months.

Is there any more optimal grind than the box absinthe?

Alternatively, is there a good way to grind intriguing gossip and compromising documents? Nights on the Town are very good, and they give you a lucky easel back, and these are the materials required to create them. I’ve decided to give up being a midnighter and become an author just to help fund this thing because its pretty insane. Here’s to hoping its a very interesting wedding :)