Ways to overcap other than PoSI S. - how/how high?

Based on previous threads that I’ve seen, I believe that asking these questions is probably permissible; I apologize if it is not.

Previous threads make the following clear regarding one method for overcapping other than by spending Notability on &quotAn unsigned message&quot:

[ul][li]There is one-time (per reset) option in Flint that allows one to gain 5 levels of base Dangerous, at the cost of an immense amount of Persuasive.[/li][li]It used to be possible to increase your base Dangerous to an arbitrary level in this fashion, provided that you were willing to spend an arbitrary amount of Fate.[/li][li]This is no longer the case; there is some maximum cap beyond which Flint will not increase Dangerous.[/li][/ul]But I have been unable to find any information on what that cap is, or even on bounds as to what it might be (other than that it’s <300, or something like that).

I am planning to do the story in question (henceforth &quot[story]&quot) regardless, for story content, and am also working on Paramount Presence. Therefore, if anyone knows any of the following, I would be delighted to be told, so I can figure out what order to do certain things in:

1. What the [story] cap is, or at least whether it is:

[ul][li]<215 (in which case I can basically do it whenever)[/li][li]215-219, in which case there I should (for most efficient use of Fate) overcap Dangerous to 5 less than the [story] cap with PoSI specialization prior to bumping Dangerous in [story][/li][li]220+, in which case I should overcap Dangerous to 215 with PoSI specialization prior to bumping Dangerous in [story]
[/li][/ul]ETA: I am totally fine with finding the answer by trial and error if no one else has gotten around to testing it, even at the cost of a bunch of Fate; I just would like to know if someone else has already figured it out.

1. Whether overcapping to 215 (or higher) is still possible as a Paramount Presence, to know whether I should overcap and London’s Viscera Persuasive before doing the story in question or after, if I want to end up with 215 in every stat.

2. Whether there are any other such &quotnuke one stat hard to overcap another&quot options that I ought to take into consideration.
    edited by osberend on 10/11/2017
    edited by osberend on 10/11/2017

1. More accurately, the option in Flint multiplies your Dangerous by 1.025 - I’m not sure if it uses your base or modified Dangerous though. I’m also not certain there is a cap, as I’ve only heard rumors of one person hitting it, but if there is indeed one it’s well above 215.

2. You can’t overcap as a Paramount Presence right now. FBG would like to make it possible but there’s no easy way to code it and with SSkies and the reworks they’ve got more critical things to work on right now.

3. The Twelve-Fifteen From Moloch Street had a way to overcap at the end but I’m pretty sure it got patched and doesn’t do so now. Besides Flint, the Unsigned Message options are supposed to be the only methods for overcapping available.

I currently have 250 base Dangerous, so that’s the bare minimum cap. It cost about 1000 Fate, so it’s hardly cheap or easy to do. NiteBrite’s Dangerous, removing equipment modifiers, is about 280, but she also was a Seeker which definitely knocked her Dangerous down. I haven’t done exact calculations on how much Dangerous she lost, but I’d estimate she was probably 300 Dangerous before Seeking.

how did NiteBrite even got to 280++ base dangerous???

The same way Nero Keller got to 250 base - playing Flint over and over again.

How recently did you obtain 250 base dangerous? My understanding from another thread was that NiteBrite had at some point after obtaining her massive Dangerous tested it again and found that she could no longer overcap further (thus establishing a rough upper bound at her then-current score, which I think was in the 280–290 range? I’ll check whenever I get a chance; the extreme limitations of this site’s &quotSearch&quot function make finding such things a bit of a pain IME), indicating that a cap had been introduced at some point. So if your most recent overcap occurred since then, then we should have a range with both upper and lower bounds.

[quote=osberend]
How recently did you obtain 250 base dangerous? My understanding from another thread was that NiteBrite had at some point after obtaining her massive Dangerous tested it again and found that she could no longer overcap further (thus establishing a rough upper bound at her then-current score, which I think was in the 280–290 range? I’ll check whenever I get a chance; the extreme limitations of this site’s &quotSearch&quot function make finding such things a bit of a pain IME), indicating that a cap had been introduced at some point. So if your most recent overcap occurred since then, then we should have a range with both upper and lower bounds.[/quote]
I obtained it back in… Late July, early August? I’ve been playing for less than a year now, so whatever the cap was, it was instated long before I started playing. Really, NiteBrite had already gone NORTH by the time I started playing. I would do Flint overcapping again, but I spent all my Fate rushing for Feducci’s Replica Lance, and I need to keep my Persuasive up for now for Paramount Presence.

Yo, I think its really cool someone else is looking into this. I definitely went above my current dangerous, in the past. I even drank a few bottles of oblivion at one point first to test if the cap was a hard cap or a soft cap as cp changes on an overcapped value set by a ‘set by’ action will drop you to a hard cap but not a soft one. Can you imagine if there had been a low hard cap and like, all those levels just reset to like 215 or something, ha! But I had to try because that’s the fun way to learn things. And it just dropped instead of reseting proving I wasn’t in over-hard cap territory (at the time). I think the most exciting discovery though was how the dangerous gains weren’t linear, but scaled and grew with whatever your current dangerous value was by 2.5%.

All we know is that before I went north, I poked flint one last time to see if it still worked for overcapping, and it wouldn’t raise my stats higher than they currently were/are even though they had been higher previously. I didn’t poke it extensively, just once at that point, and I didn’t do an oblivion test which in retrospect would have made the cap clear one way or another if I had. I was basically ready to go north at that point, and didnt think about it. Ah well. Who knows, maybe its changed, or maybe its set exactly at my level. Its one of the neat little minor mysteries out there, and I hope you enjoy your time exploring this fun frontier where few have gone before. :-)
edited by NiteBrite on 11/1/2017