User Style: Opportunity Protector [Whitelisted]

Does the A Really Nice Haircut card really still exist? I’ve been playing for almost a year and don’t remember seeing it.

Maybe when I just started, I’m not sure. Hmm.

It’s possible that it’s only drawable at the Shuttered Palace, which is not where people usually camp out.

Opportunity Protector is Whitelisted!

hello, i’m back!
and thank you for your PMs, the new version works nicely.

I’d like to request that The Lady in Lilac be added to the list. she’s pretty important for this festival, and she does have an option to dismiss her if you dont want to exchange things, iirc.

Also if you haven’t already, please add De Gustibus, An Encounter at the Feast, and Celebrate the Feast of the Exceptional Rose!

important seasonal stuff

Assuming De Gustibus behaves similarly to how it has in the past then that will show up for just a few days as a universal storylet. It could become a card at some point, of course, though if it does then the window will need to be widened so the RNG has less of a chance for malice.

another idea, not sure if it’s possible. But there are some cards which we might want protected sometimes and to discard other times. Would it be possible to move, rather than completely remove, the discardbutton? putting it in a different place would prevent accidental clicking, without denying that option.

if moving it freely isn’t possible, perhaps making it smaller, and aligned to one side (rather than in the middle, like it usually is) could take it out of the normal discard button’s click area, and that’d do the job. Perhaps you can shrink the box so that only the first letter D appears and the rest is cut off
edited by Nanako on 2/16/2016

it might be a good idea to add The Tower of Eyes: Behind closed doors at a Handsome Townhouse, to the list.
i find myself keeping it in my hand while i save up for requirements to advance a scheme, and/or while i do things to change the airs of london for different options

incidentally, how would i go about adding cards myself? where do you get the ID from?
Edit: I found the ID by using inspect element, 10798
I tried creating a new line in the sheet with that ID, but it doesn’t seem to be working. After saving it, refreshing the page, disabling/reenabling the sheet, the townhouse card still has that discar button

div#opportunitiesSection > div#deckDrawSection.clearfix > ul[class^=&quothand-size&quot] > li > input.discard_btn[onclick=&quot$(’#opportunitiesSection’).load(’/Storylet/DiscardSometimesCard?eventid=10798’, {cb: 1})&quot] /* A Tower of Eyes: Behind closed doors at a handsome Townhouse */

What’s wrong with this line?
edited by Nanako on 2/19/2016

&quotA presumptuous little opportunity&quot = 19045 (thanks Salaxalans!).
&quotAn implausible penance&quot = 20230
edited by an_ocelot on 3/5/2016

An alternative: If you go in and edit the Style (same as you would when adding new cards), put a /* at the start of the line of the card you don’t want to protect. It’ll treat the entire line as commentary rather than code, and should effectively skip that line. Then just remove the /* afterwards when you do want to protect that card.

What I usually end up doing is quickly switch to my phone or another browser (yay internet explorer :-p ) to discard the card, then continue as normal.

I’m not sure how viable it would be with just a stylesheet, but perhaps there’s a way to add a safety to select discard buttons instead of removing them outright. Something replacing the discard JS function with a JS prompt, where accepting triggers the normal discard function.

[quote=Nanako]div#opportunitiesSection > div#deckDrawSection.clearfix > ul[class^=&quothand-size&quot] > li > input.discard_btn[onclick=&quot$(’#opportunitiesSection’).load(’/Storylet/DiscardSometimesCard?eventid=10798’, {cb: 1})&quot] /* A Tower of Eyes: Behind closed doors at a handsome Townhouse */

What’s wrong with this line?[/quote]Ah! I’ve just figured out the real problem (and deleted my other, ignorant post).

If it’s the new last line, you need a comma after the end bracket (&quot]&quot) of the prior line. If you’re inserting it in the middle, you need a comma after the end bracket of it.

Thank you for making this! :) I’ve just installed it to protect my Skin of the Bazaar which I’ll need to keep in my hand for a few weeks probably. I was terrified of an accidental discard!

Huge Fallen London UI redesign landed.
Do you plan to update the extension for new layout+url?

If yes, do you need help?

If not, can we fork it and create updated version ourselves?

[quote=Zarremgregarrok]Huge Fallen London UI redesign landed.
Do you plan to update the extension for new layout+url?

If yes, do you need help?

If not, can we fork it and create updated version ourselves?[/quote]

You might want to have a look at this: Remove Specific Discard Buttons.