User script - how much are you worth + Wardrobe!

Thanks very much! I just installed this, and it’s definitely nice to see the totals.

However, I am only seeing the value shown where I have more than one of an item. None of my clothes, hats, weapons, etc. of which I have a single piece are showing a total value on their individual tabs within the Bazaar. Is this as designed, and those values are in the category totals even though not shown on the individual items? Or could we be missing the first one in a loop function somehow?
edited by Woogawoman on 4/24/2012

[quote=Woogawoman]Thanks very much! I just installed this, and it’s definitely nice to see the totals.

However, I am only seeing the value shown where I have more than one of an item. None of my clothes, hats, weapons, etc. of which I have a single piece are showing a total value on their individual tabs within the Bazaar. Is this as designed, and those values are in the category totals even though not shown on the individual items? Or could we be missing the first one in a loop function somehow?
edited by Woogawoman on 4/24/2012[/quote]

This is as designed. I realized it looked a bit silly to display a “total value” for an item stack of one in the bazaar, when the “price for one” was right underneath. Eventually I may get around to adding some options so people can decide which they like best.

By the way, here’s the put of the script, as a gdoc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AlbwjlynOB13dE0tNlk2aXVZUm1nSVJlRWhpdE5OY2c&single=true&gid=0&output=html

I’ve re-written the entire script from scratch and added wardrobe management features. Give it a look if that interests you!

This addition inspired me to install greasemonkey and your script! I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been trying to go through my stack of cards quickly so I don’t lose too much time by resetting it to 10 minutes after each card, only to have it drop down to eight and a half as I go to change gear.

Oh dear, it seems to have run into problems when I tried to delete a wardrobe… Now wardrobe functionality has vanished altogether!
edited by Cheeseyx on 5/4/2012

Hmm… I’ll see if I can reproduce that here; I tested deleting a few outfits before, but something may have changed. In the meantime, you should be able to just reload the page and get all the functionality back.

Very nice. Thank you for this, Dave.

No, refreshing the page didn’t fix it. Neither did disabling and enabling the script. Could it be something to do with saved wardrobes? How would I go about resetting those?

My mistake! I fixed one small storage leak bug just before I uploaded it, which allowed a different bug to corrupt saved outfits. Fixed it now; install the new version and it will wipe out your old data/saves and it should work again. Everyone should get the new version or it will eventually delete an outfit it shouldn’t.

Thank you. Are my eyes deceiving me, or does it think you can have two gloves equipped at once? It keeps wanting to put on magician’s gloves when I want to be dangerous.

In some of the earlier versions I tested the script would occasionally add two of an item - but I was pretty sure I squashed those bugs a few days ago. If you get an outfit with multiple items for a single slot, delete it and refresh the page, then try again. If it happens repeatedly see if you can figure out what steps reproduce it - I haven’t had any luck reproducing that one on my end, though I’ve done most of my testing with chrome rather than firefox.

As for the magician’s gloves, do you have any other gloves? The script will always prefer “something” to “nothing” - which I realize isn’t optimal for people who are still gathering equipment. My personal justification was that people without a lot of equipment don’t need as much management of it! Even a set of manacles (which have no stats) would be equipped before the magician’s gloves, but the script won’t leave your hands naked if there is another option. Making it do otherwise is a bit difficult given how the game un-equips things.

Congratulations on this script. The new wardrobe management feature finally forced me to download and install the script.

And now for the inevitable bugs: Admittedly I’ve only found one at the moment. When I chose the ‘Dangerous’ set, it equipped my Ratskin Suit (+0 Dangerous), despite my having a Gentleman’s Athletic Support (+1 Dangerous) and listing the Gentleman’s Athletic Support in it’s list. I believe that I was wearing the Ratskin Suit at the time, so this is most likely a failure to equip, rather than equipping the wrong thing.

This error has happened exactly once and has not reoccurred.

It appears to only want to optimize my hat, clothes and gloves. It’s leaving my boots/pet untouched.

[quote=Abraham Bounty]Congratulations on this script. The new wardrobe management feature finally forced me to download and install the script.

And now for the inevitable bugs: Admittedly I’ve only found one at the moment. When I chose the ‘Dangerous’ set, it equipped my Ratskin Suit (+0 Dangerous), despite my having a Gentleman’s Athletic Support (+1 Dangerous) and listing the Gentleman’s Athletic Support in it’s list. I believe that I was wearing the Ratskin Suit at the time, so this is most likely a failure to equip, rather than equipping the wrong thing.

This error has happened exactly once and has not reoccurred.[/quote]

Well, I’m glad it only happened once. I suspect you’re right, and there was a failure on the Fallen London server side that the script wasn’t aware of. I think I might be able to fix it nonetheless; though with an infrequent bug it will be hard to tell. I just need to pay closer attention to the status codes returned.

This is a more serious issue; what browser are you using, and what boots or pet is it ignoring / which one is it choosing instead?

Neat! I was creating my maximum X outfits when I realized that it will do it for me! This means that I only need to create my “balanced” outfit, that tries to get all 4 main qualities as high as possible (at least +5, because that’s what most actions require for straightforward).

It would be nice if you could set a list of preferences, so when two items have the same total number applicable of stats, the script picks the right items. For example, I’ve got both both a set ot vakeskin books (Dangerous +4/Shadowy-1), and a set of hushed spidersilk slippers (Shadowy+4/Persuasive-1). It is picking the vakeskin boots for the max total stats, and I would prefer if it picked the slippers, because my Persuasive is high enough that I can take the -1 and not notice it, while my shadowy is not (I end up with one stat a 4 anyway, but still…)
edited by Vyrlokar on 5/4/2012

I’m using Chrome 18.0.1025.162, and it’s not choosing any pets or boots for me. When I click on wardrobe I see my outfits (which have 6 squares) and then the optimizing rows all have 3 squares (hat/clothes/gloves). If I change outfits, it leaves those two squares alone (even if there’s nothing there).

If I don’t have it equipped, it will select the Patent Scrutinizer as my weapon every time, even if there’s a better option (such as the Skyglass Knife for dangerous)

[quote=BaronElectric]I’m using Chrome 18.0.1025.162, and it’s not choosing any pets or boots for me. When I click on wardrobe I see my outfits (which have 6 squares) and then the optimizing rows all have 3 squares (hat/clothes/gloves). If I change outfits, it leaves those two squares alone (even if there’s nothing there).

If I don’t have it equipped, it will select the Patent Scrutinizer as my weapon every time, even if there’s a better option (such as the Skyglass Knife for dangerous)[/quote]
I’m using Chromium with Tampermonkey. I know that Chrome/Chromium does not really need it, but it helps with compatibility…

[quote=BaronElectric]I’m using Chrome 18.0.1025.162, and it’s not choosing any pets or boots for me. When I click on wardrobe I see my outfits (which have 6 squares) and then the optimizing rows all have 3 squares (hat/clothes/gloves). If I change outfits, it leaves those two squares alone (even if there’s nothing there).

If I don’t have it equipped, it will select the Patent Scrutinizer as my weapon every time, even if there’s a better option (such as the Skyglass Knife for dangerous)[/quote]

Oops! I found the problem. Chalk it up to insufficient testing with my low level alts - it’s a bug that affects, shall we say, future Persons of Some Importance; that is to say those that haven’t yet reached that status. I’ll fix it post-haste and let you know when it’s ready.

[quote=Vyrlokar]Neat! I was creating my maximum X outfits when I realized that it will do it for me! This means that I only need to create my “balanced” outfit, that tries to get all 4 main qualities as high as possible (at least +5, because that’s what most actions require for straightforward).
It would be nice if you could set a list of preferences, so when two items have the same total number applicable of stats, the script picks the right items. For example, I’ve got both both a set ot vakeskin books (Dangerous +4/Shadowy-1), and a set of hushed spidersilk slippers (Shadowy+4/Persuasive-1). It is picking the vakeskin boots for the max total stats, and I would prefer if it picked the slippers, because my Persuasive is high enough that I can take the -1 and not notice it, while my shadowy is not (I end up with one stat a 4 anyway, but still…)[/quote]

I actually had intended to add a "balanced’ category as well, that would do its best to balance the stats - but then I realized, which stats? The four main? The three new? All seven? Menace reducing? All of the above, plus additional customize-able options? Then I realized - it would be a lot easier to let everyone pick their own “ideal balance” and just use the custom outfits. That’s the first custom outfit I made, actually; my own “balanced” set (that is, good enough for my well-to-do stat capped character to breeze through most tests.)

I say the 4 main ones, given that the 3 new are seldom used, and when used, you actually need as much as you can get. Still, it’s not really needed ;) Could you add total stats to custom outfits? The script was quite easy to read before, but it has grown far more complex, and so I will need some time to familiarize myself with it. If you don’t do it, I will, though.

Oh, and please, add the outfits to the CSV! (with the totals shown in the outfit selection screen)

[quote=Dave ][quote=BaronElectric]I’m using Chrome 18.0.1025.162, and it’s not choosing any pets or boots for me. When I click on wardrobe I see my outfits (which have 6 squares) and then the optimizing rows all have 3 squares (hat/clothes/gloves). If I change outfits, it leaves those two squares alone (even if there’s nothing there).

Oops! I found the problem. Chalk it up to insufficient testing with my low level alts - it’s a bug that affects, shall we say, future Persons of Some Importance; that is to say those that haven’t yet reached that status. I’ll fix it post-haste and let you know when it’s ready.[/quote]

All right, it should be all taken care of. Download the new version, go to the “myself” tab, and your auto-generated outfits will be updated. My alt now happily selects both scarlet stalkings and a taciturn raven (in addition to the rest of his equipment.)