Use of Villains Echoes

How many echoes required to get 6 Use of Villains if I’m using the Bazaar Side Street appalling secrets and journals of infamy method? [li]

According to this wiki page, each Use costs 30 Echoes so you have to shell out about 180 E.[li]

I’m not quite sure what you mean. It’s 30 Journals of Infamy and 100 Apalling Secrets per Use of Villains in teh Sidestreets, with no additional Echoes required. If you mean Echos to buy the Journals and Secrets, I don’t know of where you can buy them directly.

I don’t think you can buy those items directly. You might convert 500 Cryptic Clues to 70 Appalling secrets for the price of 20 E but I think this is generally a costly idea. It’s probably best to grind them in storylets instead.

That’s only the sell-value of the ingredients. If you’re trying to create Use of Villains from scratch, you’d have to buy Cryptic Clues for four pennies apiece from the Bazaar and them convert up. In this case the bulk conversions are your best option with .14 secrets per clue and .32 journals per secret. By using this route every Use of Villains would cost you 1393 Cryptic Clues or around 56 Echoes, so that’s over 330 for 6. If you don’t already have a lot of Mysteries items the War of Assassins is probably the better choice here.
[/li]
edited by Martial Canterel on 3/24/2014

I mean if I buy the Cryptic Clues.
I am aware I cannot buy them directly.[li]
edited by Sir Jason Splendor the Third on 3/24/2014

[quote=Sir Jason Splendor the Third]I mean if I buy the Cryptic Clues.
I am aware I cannot buy them directly.
edited by Sir Jason Splendor the Third on 3/24/2014[/quote]

It will take longer to earn the echoes than it would to grind Villains by another method by a fairly large degree. I strongly recommend that you consider grinding for the necessary Journals and Secrets instead.[li][/li][li]
edited by Snowskeeper on 3/24/2014

Can you direct me to a good way to grind for appalling secrets?

You can get journals directly through a variety of sources, but for secrets you’ll probably want to grind clues and convert them. If you haven’t finished with the University investigations storyl, grinding casing there and spending it in the Flit is a good way to get them.

You can also acquire Use of Villains through the War of Assassins carousel at 33 actions each, which might be more efficient depending on your sources for clues and journals.

33 actions each is if you get a success every single time.

Personally, I would just change my job to Enforcer and wait it out. Enforcers get 2 Use of Villains as weekly payment.

What is the War of Assassins carousel? I keep seeing reference to it, but there aren’t any guides the way there are for the Affair of the Box or Fidgeting Writer.

[li]
The main POSI Accomplishment to unlock it is Enjoying Lethal Prominence. Basically it’s like the wilmot’s end carousel but with different rewards as set by the The Treasures of War Lodging Storylet.

[li]
The main POSI Accomplishment to unlock it is Enjoying Lethal Prominence. Basically it’s like the wilmot’s end carousel but with different rewards as set by the The Treasures of War Lodging Storylet.[/quote]

[/li][li]It’s also unlocked by an opportunity card after becoming a POSI, like all the other POSI items like clay sedan chair and gang of hoodlums.[/li][li]