Upwards

>>>until you run some numbers and discover than Saint Jadwiga the Hungry, Patron of Starfish has 150 echoes worth of heresy

Can you elaborate, please?

I really like bones and looking for a good reason to buy this story, but found none so far.

Update: looks like with 14 mithridacy (which is possible for me) i could get 100% success with 5 pointed ribcage and build uber conter church skeletons (50+).
edited by Waterpls on 11/26/2020

Any?

Enjoyable story. However …

At this point I’m not surprised, but definitely disappointed, at the high density of typos. By the time I got to the end it seemed like upwards of (heh) 2/3 of the branches I had played had at least one error.

As someone who used to proofread/copyedit for pay, it does mar my enjoyment of new FL content a bit when the writing that is obviously produced with such love is then cluttered with punctuation and spelling glitches.
edited by hwoosh on 11/26/2020

No Light Fingers tie in, disappointingly enough. No tie ins to any other story, actually.

Mechanically, the balance seems a bit weird. You can spend a favor for 2 progress and 1 animosity (or whatever that’s called), but that’s the same you get for a fairly easy persuasive challenge (I get almost 100% without my Evening outfit). The only benefit to favors seems to be some nice flavor.

In regards to the ribcage, it’s 312.5E in exchange for a cartographer’s hoard which is also 312.5E at the Bazaar, so it doesn’t immediately look worth it. However, as some have mentioned it can be used to make bank using Counter-Church Theology and even if you don’t want to make forgeries in your lab (like myself), you can still use it + the new skulls to make skeletons with a ton of Amalgamy, which also makes bank with some buyers.

Overall, not too shabby

[quote=NotaWalrus]No Light Fingers tie in, disappointingly enough. No tie ins to any other story, actually.[/quote]Thank you for your answer. No LF, no Buccaneering Palaeontologist… that seems like a big miss.

One more question: I happen to dislike the Bone Market and am fairly indifferent to the whole palaeontology thing. Is there any reason I need this story?

Nothing missed. Starved Men partying at 4 means you lose the progress of your current dig, get some CP of wounds, and can dig upwards again.

[quote=phryne]

One more question: I happen to dislike the Bone Market and am fairly indifferent to the whole palaeontology thing. Is there any reason I need this story?[/quote]

There is a story here, but it is beyond minimal. Little more than two simple characters and a binary choice between which one to support.

[quote=NotaWalrus][quote=phryne]
One more question: I happen to dislike the Bone Market and am fairly indifferent to the whole palaeontology thing. Is there any reason I need this story?[/quote]
There is a story here, but it is beyond minimal. Little more than two simple characters and a binary choice between which one to support.[/quote]
Thank you! I’ll save my Fate for Christmas then. :)

I didn’t really expect it, but I was hoping there would be more interaction with the starved men. Or at least that I would learn something about them that I didn’t already know. That wouldn’t have been hard, since all I really know is that they live on the roof and modify their own bodies with the shapeling arts.