Upgrade to 3-card Buildings

Looks like one or more of the 3-card buildings got an overhaul. The gambling den one has an option to &quotBring the Celebration Home&quot now.

Gave me a boatload of extra Making Waves, used up some cash, some wine (lower quality) and a Night on the Town.[li]

EDIT: It also appears to be repeatable if you have additional sets of materials (Calls for 12 Greyfield 1879, 2 Strangling Willow, 4000 pennies, and a Night on the Town, thought not all of those appear to have been consumed…)
edited by Myke Harryson on 12/16/2013

Interesting!

We can now host “Blindfold parties” in our heron towers.
I kinda wanna do it but after the horror-storm that was giving the steamer a final voyage im a bit scared.

I’m not a gambling man, but I have to admit, hosting roaring cards parties at the Tower of Sparrows was stupidly fun.

What was so bad about the steamer’s voyage?

The Blindfold part was fun, you lose a Parabola Linen and some Touched by Fingerwork but apart from that I think it was worth it. I just hope I can get some more Parabola without spending scraps as I want to get the 3200 scrap items someday.

The Observatory now allows to “Invite guests from the observatory to a symposium” :)

You must be very good in dealing with spiders, it has a test on Scholar of Correspondence (10 = 60% chance), and if successful it allows to turn searing enigmas into Making waves.

How very excellent!

I also note that the option to increase Notability has moved to Slowcake’s Amanuensis, and is no longer on the Unsigned Letter.

Huh? I’ve never seen an option to increase Notability on the Unsigned Letter.
edited by Sara Hysaro on 12/16/2013

[quote=Playersideblog]How very excellent!

I also note that the option to increase Notability has moved to Slowcake’s Amanuensis, and is no longer on the Unsigned Letter.[/quote]

I’m pretty sure that’s where it’s always been?

[quote=MidnightVoyager][quote=Playersideblog]How very excellent!

I also note that the option to increase Notability has moved to Slowcake’s Amanuensis, and is no longer on the Unsigned Letter.[/quote]

I’m pretty sure that’s where it’s always been?[/quote]

[li]
I think so too.

Yes, that’s right - Amanuensis converts Making Waves to Notability; Unsigned Letter converts Notability to Professions and stats and other rewards.

Dah, right. I got them muddled up for some reason. In my mind, I knew that you needed both cards to go through the Notability grind.

I just forgot that the Profession was the reason you needed Unsigned.