Unique Goals?

To confirm my earlier post, in the above you can see both the Brilliant and Coruscating souls in my inventory.

[quote=dov][quote=esrtweet]Unique goal - achieved. Over 512 Coruscating Souls.
Hesperidean Cider requires the cash equivalent of 512.[/quote]Very impressive. May I ask how long that took?
(and are you cashing those in for the Cider?)[/quote]

I’ve been working on this for over a year and, yes, I do intend to cash them in for Hesperidean cider.

So what’s the grey soul?

I’m so confused!

[quote=OctaviaCrowe]So what’s the grey soul?

I’m so confused![/quote]
i believe it is a silent soul, which sells for 12.5 echoes, and are quite rare. as the item’s text tells you, they surface sometimes in the forgotten quarter. the only non-fate way to aquire one was back in 2013, though. they also can sell with a bucket of lacre for 70 echoes to de gustibus, if they’re buying.
edited by Grenem on 3/29/2015

[quote=esrtweet]I’ve been working on this for over a year and, yes, I do intend to cash them in for Hesperidean cider.[/quote]A year actually seems pretty fast to me. I guess the Fidgeting Writer is more lucrative than I thought.

Congratulations!

Fidgeting writer is a harsh and unforgiving mistress. I have been broken against her many times, but, when she is forgiving, the rewards are vast.

Wow. Either you were extraordinarily lucky or fidgeting writer is much more profitable than I had heard. Everything else I’ve read says it takes about 3 years to grind up that much money. Doing it in less than 2 is a huge improvement.

Yes, that is Hesperidean Cider on my mantelpiece. Purchased with 512 Coruscating Souls and drunk not an hour since.

I will say this much: it is not a one-shot item. You can take a mouthful and have some (an unknown number of mouthfuls) left. For obvious reasons, I have only done this once.

[quote=esrtweet]

Yes, that is Hesperidean Cider on my mantelpiece. Purchased with 512 Coruscating Souls and drunk not an hour since.

I will say this much: it is not a one-shot item. You can take a mouthful and have some (an unknown number of mouthfuls) left. For obvious reasons, I have only done this once.[/quote]

Well done. The number of Hesperidians is still only in single figures, so this is quite the achievement! And it sounds as though you’ve identified a potentially much quicker grind - though not everyone will have your luck with the Fidgeting Writer, of course.

Just FYI, NiteBrite has doled out many, many sips of Cider - they don’t, at this point, appear to have any limit.

[quote=esrtweet]

I will say this much: it is not a one-shot item. You can take a mouthful and have some (an unknown number of mouthfuls) left. For obvious reasons, I have only done this once.[/quote]

How many FW runs did that take? How many thousands of Tales of Terror?

I’ve got a goal, of sorts… which can be simply described as ‘One of Each’. I want (at least) one of every item in the game, including the stuff that has no practical uses. Needless to say, that’s a long-term ambition, since ‘Úbergoat’ and ‘Hesperidian Cider’ are also items.

Actually, I’m not sure if it’s even POSSIBLE to get a ‘full inventory’ on a single character. There’s probably some ‘mutually exclusive’ items. And if nothing else, you can only have one ‘Profession’ item at a time, so there’s THAT, at least.

And it’d almost certainly require several ambition-switches. Hmm. Ah well! 'tis good to have a goal, no?

[quote=BlakeTheDrake]I’ve got a goal, of sorts… which can be simply described as ‘One of Each’. I want (at least) one of every item in the game, including the stuff that has no practical uses. Needless to say, that’s a long-term ambition, since ‘Úbergoat’ and ‘Hesperidian Cider’ are also items.

Actually, I’m not sure if it’s even POSSIBLE to get a ‘full inventory’ on a single character. There’s probably some ‘mutually exclusive’ items. And if nothing else, you can only have one ‘Profession’ item at a time, so there’s THAT, at least.

And it’d almost certainly require several ambition-switches. Hmm. Ah well! 'tis good to have a goal, no?[/quote]
hmm… the most obvious mutually exclusive items are professions. however, headful of picaresque tales is mutually incompatible with blue and shining stone, as the card is impossible to draw if you have either.

I’m pretty sure when you switch Ambitions you lose all the items associated with those Ambitions.

true… i wonder if the same thing happens when you complete an ambition, though? (this is a long term goal, and ambitions will finish someday, right?) obviously, one of each is still impossible, though- in the marvelous, the monkey pet changes forms as you progress, and you cannot have both.

I’m not sure if completing an ambition will allow you to take on another…my gut feeling says no, but we’ll have to wait and see.

Given the way my ambition is going, I am not certain that I will be able to survive its completion.

As of now, I haven’t decided on any unique goals. Though, I have only been playing Fallen London for two days now.~

My alt recently started collecting leathery human hearts. But since he recently became a PoSI, there are many other things I want to get him right now. He’ll get to it, though.
I haven’t gotten a unique goal for my main yet. Leathery human hearts are just not his style.
edited by Loon on 4/3/2015

I’m after what I call the “Exceptional Items.” In no particular order: ll four top-tier Relicker items, all three five-card lodgings, M_____’_ B____, an Ubergoat, a Hesperidean Cider, a Ray-Drenched Cinder, an Impossible Theorem, and some other Fate-locked items.

I also plan on having an enormous amount of Sulky Bats eventually. Because Bats.