Unable to access Fallen London... is it just me?

When I tried to enter the game this morning, I just got a blank, white page. Is something wrong on my end, or is the game suffering from a… hiccup of some kind? Normally, jumping in to use up my actions before I have to leave for work is a part of my morning routine… this is leaving me subtly off-balance. I’m blaming you lot if my work-performance suffers! :p

Not just you; it was accessible, for me at least, up until about 20-30 mins ago…
edited by fitz on 8/13/2015

Definitely not just you. Looks like things are down. Guess it gives me the chance to wander off and let some action points build up for once!

The site is down for maintenance! Check it out.

(It’s currently 7:45 AM BST, at the time of posting.)

It’s a little early but hey, pretty much on-time. Expect it to be up in about 2 hours.
edited by Damrosche on 8/13/2015

OooooOH are they implementing some of the new mechanics?

Forum responders are probably quicker…but this site is good for ‘Is it just me?’ (No, it’s not.) Fallenlondon.com - Is Fallen London Down Right Now?

bugger… I was holding my candles at 38 actions… wish I’d seen the notices so I could have spent them.

[quote=Beatrice_Joan]Forum responders are probably quicker…but this site is good for ‘Is it just me?’ (No, it’s not.) http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/fallenlondon.com.html[/quote]Nice site though, thanks
edited by fitz on 8/13/2015

I suspect that this could be the Failbetter staff’s maintenance break they need to implement the changes to the Connected: Criminals quality that they’ve been mentioning recently. Then again, that could simply be hopeful speculation on my end. Oh well, I suppose now we wait.

I had a friend over so actions would have piled up regardless, but I did miss the memo as well. I should still be up in a couple hours, so not too bad at least.

[quote=Damrosche]The site is down for maintenance! Check it out.

(It’s currently 7:45 AM BST, at the time of posting.)

It’s a little early but hey, pretty much on-time. Expect it to be up in about 2 hours.
edited by Damrosche on 8/13/2015[/quote]
Ah, perfect! Thanks for the heads-up, friend!

Damn poor timing… if I’d logged in BEFORE making breakfast, I might’ve had time to spend my nightly build-up of actions before the shutdown. ~_~ Ah well, I guess I’ll have to see about logging on during my lunchbreak…

TWO HOURS without Fallen London? I’d have to do some actual work now, wouldn’t I?
edited by navchaa on 8/13/2015

The really should put up a “Site is down for maintenance” page instead of requiring users to subscribe to their Twitter feed.

Probably, but, you know! Hindsight! And all that.

(They really should, though, for clarity’s sake. If it’s possible, that is.)

Ah - glad it’s not just me.

Latest tweet seems to suggest it will be a bit longer than expected :(

[color=#0066ff]We’re doing server maintenance today, and it took down the maintenance page, too! Fixed now.[/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]There’ll be a little longer before we implement the Favours and Renown changes. We want to give people the opportunity to get their heads around them, first.[/color]

[color=#ffffff] It lives ! [/color]
[color=#009900]Edit: we reserve coloured text for mods here :)[/color]
[i]edited by Alexis on 8/13/2015

Awww ([/i]
edited by Andrew Astherson on 8/13/2015

Now up!
Apparently that update fixed something nobody knew was broken - the latency times seem to have gone way down all-around. Wee

&quotWee&quot indeed. I knew (or at least ‘felt’) it was broken. Maybe they upgraded the old 486 servers (I jest), maybe someone found & fixed a performance bottleneck that required some some heavy-duty server-side adjustments, but whatever - it’s as zippy as Bungle’s old nemesis right now, the spinny hat makes only the briefest of appearances, and I like it!