Trying to upgrade job.

Okay so I need making waves. To get notoriety. To upgrade my job. Both stats drop over a week. If I fail a notoriety check I lose half of it. Up until recently I though I had to draw a card to do either. So I guess my question is what should I get my Making waves to so I can get my notoriety to 5? Note I am at 2 right now.[li]

The most efficient way to get MW is to use The Tower of Eyes card and a scheme in your orphanage or salon. Unfortunately that requires the advanced lodgings and depends on drawing a card.

I had good success using the new Private Suppers option in your lodgings. It’s 3 actions a pop, but it works out to about 2 cp per action, which is pretty good for how reliable it is. It does require spamming it with all of your actions, but you can get MW up fairly quickly.

These threads have some good discussion on precisely this topic.

Basically, souls and society on the Amanuensis card are a bit of a trap, while a salon or orphanage is nice but hardly necessary. I can personally attest that all you really need to do is get as much BDR as possible, start slamming down those private suppers, and persevere through a couple failed attempts.

I just recently went from notability 0 to 5 in only a few days with the strategy in that first thread. Although you will fail many Amanuensis attempts that way, which isn’t exactly fun, you do make enough of them that you’re basically bound to succeed eventually (For the record, I had BDR 22 rather than 20 and I also used Christmas cards to save myself about one Slowcake’s attempt worth of actions. The extra BDR was definitely very helpful, but the Christmas cards were more of a time saver than a necessity).

One last thing.

It is Christmas, and the tiger Keeper wants us to be happy.
So, while the Making Waves will still be halved each week, NOTABILITY DO NOT DECREASE IN DECEMBER.
So, use this month as much as possible to get your new job (s)

[quote=Andrea Serafini]…
So, while the Making Waves will still be halved each week, NOTABILITY DO NOT DECREASE IN DECEMBER.
[/quote]

I’d be careful about that logical leap. The wording was &quotThis week.&quot The reasoning I believe was the double-hit many people felt with the retirement of the old living story.

[quote=Theus][quote=Andrea Serafini]…
[/quote]

I’d be careful about that logical leap. The wording was &quotThis week.&quot The reasoning I believe was the double-hit many people felt with the retirement of the old living story.[/quote]

[li]
You’re right. Damn.