Trouble accessing the game

So, lately if I try to access www.fallenlondon.com, it tosses me to the Storynexus game page saying &quotSorry, world not found&quot. I can then click the Fallenlondon button there (Or presumably just go to fallenlondon.storynexus.com) to actually get back to the game.

However, I noticed today on twitter they gave a promotion link using the fallenlondon.com address. So I do wonder: Is this a problem isolated to just me? Can this be fixed?

[quote=Urthdigger]So, lately if I try to access www.fallenlondon.com, it tosses me to the Storynexus game page saying &quotSorry, world not found&quot. I can then click the Fallenlondon button there (Or presumably just go to fallenlondon.storynexus.com) to actually get back to the game.

However, I noticed today on twitter they gave a promotion link using the fallenlondon.com address. So I do wonder: Is this a problem isolated to just me? Can this be fixed?[/quote]

I have the same thing. But it’s not really a problem - think they’ve just stopped using that address to forward to the proper page or whatever the technical language is for … … webstuff.
Weirdly the promo thing seems to work for me.*

*or it would if I wasn’t having a brain glitch about Mr Iron.
edited by babelfishwars on 7/7/2013

The url is fallenlondon.storynexus.com

It’s been like that for a while, but recently they stopped redirecting you when you use the older urls.

Edit: The promo works because it’s fallenlondon.storynexus.com/a/fountainofnames
edited by Sara Hysaro on 7/7/2013

… and the Twitter login seems squirrelly anyhow. Sign up and use your username/password and link your email that you use for Twitter to the account and you won’t have to worry about Twitter being a … well… twit.

[quote=Sara Hysaro]The url is fallenlondon.storynexus.com

It’s been like that for a while, but recently they stopped redirecting you when you use the older urls.

Edit: The promo works because it’s fallenlondon.storynexus.com/a/fountainofnames
edited by Sara Hysaro on 7/7/2013[/quote]

Actually the one I was referring to was listed as Fallen London with the message asking you to append one of Mr Iron’s previous names.

Y’know, the page says not to use it if {spoiler goes here}, and well, I matched the conditions not to use it. But, tragically, visiting the page that tells you not to use it, triggers you using it, even if you don’t sign in.
edited by Saharan on 7/8/2013

Ah. Well, I suspect going to fallenlondon/a/(insertanswerhere) would result in you getting the world not found screen, though I don’t know the answer so I can’t say that for sure.

Edit: Figured out the answer, and yeah, I was right.
edited by Sara Hysaro on 7/8/2013

Assuming that I’m right in using an earlier metal, that link indeed appears dead. Which confuses me :(.

I got the “Storynexus is Down for Maintenance Page” when I tried that link. Has it worked for anybody?

I played actions for both my character and my alt just now so I can confirm that it’s working just fine for me.

Still not working for me - what am I doing wrong? I’m copying the link, adding the name but I am still getting the down for maintenance page.

Which link do you mean? My main character uses Twitter and my alt uses an e-mail address but both work with
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/ I have not tried using the old Fallen London link for years, and I’ve never used Fallen London

I’m talking about the special access code that was provided on Twitter with (insert name). I guess I just need to wait for events to take their course rather than try the shortcut.[li]

Edit to add - I can get into Fallen London with both Twitter and email log in as normal.
edited by reveurciel on 7/8/2013

[quote=Urthdigger]So, lately if I try to access www.fallenlondon.com, it tosses me to the Storynexus game page saying &quotSorry, world not found&quot. I can then click the Fallenlondon button there (Or presumably just go to fallenlondon.storynexus.com) to actually get back to the game.

However, I noticed today on twitter they gave a promotion link using the fallenlondon.com address. So I do wonder: Is this a problem isolated to just me? Can this be fixed?[/quote]

One link can redirect one way, the other another way. Link A is independent of Link B.
edited by Endy on 7/8/2013

[color=#009900]Sorry, folks - housekeeping left over from the recent server move. fallenlondon.com, www.fallenlondon.com, echobazaar.failbettergames.com (and /a/[code] appended to any of these) now work again.[/color][li]

Edit: It’s me. Sorry for the false alarm.

Currently I’m seeing [quote]
Domain not configured
This domain points to a Wikimedia Foundation server, but is not configured on this server.
That’s all we know.[/quote]

I can access www.storynexus.com, storynexusweb.cloudapp.com, and zerosummer.storynexus.com.

Is this a localized thing, or widespread?[li]
edited by Theus on 7/14/2013