Trapped by Scandal in the Tomb-Colonies

For nearly as long as I can remember, I’ve had a &quot+2&quot modifier to my Scandal menace that I cannot account for. However it hasn’t really affected me too much until today.[li]

I got exiled to the Tomb-Colonies for the first time (in pursuance of beasts for the Labyrinth of Tigers). Now, because I am unable to eliminate the source of this mysterious &quot+2&quot modifier, I am effectively trapped there, since Scandal needs to be zero after all modifiers in order to be eligible to return to FL.

Is this a bug? Has anyone encountered this situation before or have any idea where this modifier is coming from?

Thanks for any assistance or advice…

Yours In Exile
Snopes

Unless you happen to be wearing Scarlet Stockings and a Modish Bonnet, which each give a +1 to Scandal, it sounds like you’ve got a bug, and should report it through the appropriate channels, which can be found under the ‘Help’ tab in-game.

[li]
Yeah not really my style. I’ve reported this via the bug report channel as you have advised, thanks!

I had that happen with suspicion once and some quick assistance from Alexis cleared it right up. He sent me a Pirate Hat (+1 Supsicion) to don and subsequently remove, so assuming that that particular Pirate Hat wasn’t magical on its own, if you have the Modish Bonnet or Scarlet Stockings you might try putting them on and then removing them.

If not, the Tiger Keeper will surely sort you right out. :)

[quote=wallofillusion]I had that happen with suspicion once and some quick assistance from Alexis cleared it right up. He sent me a Pirate Hat (+1 Supsicion) to don and subsequently remove, so assuming that that particular Pirate Hat wasn’t magical on its own, if you have the Modish Bonnet or Scarlet Stockings you might try putting them on and then removing them.

If not, the Tiger Keeper will surely sort you right out. :)[/quote]

I’d definitely try that if I could but where I am currently the only things on offer are dirty bandages…
[li]

My only, and largely unused, alt somehow has something like a -5 to wounds from no detectable source. Weird stuff occurs!

I certainly don’t mean to be boorish… but this is a game-ending bug for me.[li]

It would be greatly appreciated if someone with some authority could sort it out, or at least acknowledge the situation.

[quote=Snopes]I certainly don’t mean to be boorish… but this is a game-ending bug for me.[li]

It would be greatly appreciated if someone with some authority could sort it out, or at least acknowledge the situation.[/quote]

[/li]Just give Alexis some time. To our knowledge, he’s the only one handling mechanic-related bugs for a game with thousands of people playing it. He’ll get back to you soon. [li]

[quote=Snowskeeper][quote=Snopes]I certainly don’t mean to be boorish… but this is a game-ending bug for me.[li]

It would be greatly appreciated if someone with some authority could sort it out, or at least acknowledge the situation.[/quote]

Just give Alexis some time. To our knowledge, he’s the only one handling mechanic-related bugs for a game with thousands of people playing it. He’ll get back to you soon. [/quote]

He can take a little while, as I know from my own experience (certainly not criticism, he’s a busy mantigerthing). It’s a shame that there’s no way of flagging bugs by priority. It would be nice if Alexis saw this thread and bumped Snopes up the queue, though, but he might not due to his disengagement with the community.

I hope this doesn’t completely ruin your FL experience, Snopes. I’ll send you a surprise package by way of commiseration when you’re back in London, when I draw the card, and when I remember to.[/li]

Never thought I’d take my first downvote for a post trying to console someone whose game is broken, and suggesting bug triage might be a good idea. So it goes.

edited by Cocytus on 1/15/2014
edited by Cocytus on 1/16/2014

[li]
I find it hard to believe that Alexis would ignore a bug report on the forums because he believed he sunk too much time making special content for Spacemarine.

[color=#009900]‘Prioritising’ this issue would mean deprioritising all the other players with outstanding tickets, which wouldn’t be fair. We ask players not to post bug reports on the forums in the forum rules: it makes our life more complicated and it clutters up the forums.[/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900]Sorry for the inconvenience; we’ll get to it, we always do.
[li][/color]