Translation: Russian

[color=#ffffff]From what I read already for the Russian translation. Well, those who have already their translation could provide the tools? I also interested in translating into Portuguese.[/color]
edited by Tyller on 5/4/2016

If translation into Russian is completely done. Why not add it in the official version of the game?
P.S Sorry for bad English

[quote=Dines]If translation into Russian is completely done. Why not add it in the official version of the game?
P.S Sorry for bad English[/quote]

Because all of the modules of the official version of the game are aproved and latter supported by FBG, while the mods are not.

Not to mention that there may be some laws wich prevent FBG from profiting from a fan mod, at least directly. (I am not a lawyer nor an expert but I can see that there could be an issue here and grounds for a potential lawsuit)

[quote=Fincar][quote=Dines]If translation into Russian is completely done. Why not add it in the official version of the game?

Because all of the modules of the official version of the game are aproved and latter supported by FBG, while the mods are not.

Not to mention that there may be some laws wich prevent FBG from profiting from a fan mod, at least directly. (I am not a lawyer nor an expert but I can see that there could be an issue here and grounds for a potential lawsuit)[/quote]

As far as I know the team of translators are not against integration of translation into the official version of the game. Currently translation only supports v1.0.4.2130. Although in this version all the texts have already been translated.

In order to install the translation must be modified and Sunless.Game.dll and FailBetter.Core.dll. Because of this translation does not support the Fallen London account, update and upload new stories. These actions break the game.

Built-in translation would be deprived these disadvantages. I think even just the output text in a separate language file would be enough. Thus, the translation support would be easier (and in other languages as well) and have not yet translated texts of the new stories would remain in English. I just wonder when it will do?

[color=rgb(194, 194, 194)]P.S Sorry for bad English[/color]

[quote=Fincar][quote=Dines]If translation into Russian is completely done. Why not add it in the official version of the game?

Not to mention that there may be some laws wich prevent FBG from profiting from a fan mod, at least directly. (I am not a lawyer nor an expert but I can see that there could be an issue here and grounds for a potential lawsuit)[/quote]

They are probably not against translation at all, but most developers won’t include fan translation as official material or package them with the game because if they do so, most people will think it is their responsibility to maintain it.

About devilbone dice.
“DEvil” here means more “чёрт” than “дьявол”, see, how it’s used in some cusses in FL.
Also, I remember, that in Russian “ivory” is translated as “слоновая кость”, not “слоновья”, to highlight that it’s rare material.
So, maybe better to use “чертова кость”?

If you want to suggest something, you should probably go to project’s social network page, as they suggest. You can find the link on project’s steam page.

To my shame I don’t know if that name was supposed to be associated with devils we know or not, but I kind of doubt measures will be taken any time soon. The translation has a lot more problems than that, but given project’s scales that is to be expected.