Tragedy Procedures

I wish that there were a counter seeking that I could join. I’ve encountered groups(i think) and individuals (definitely) who operate in opposition to the various cataclysmic threats that variously imperil the cities of the Neath; spidercults, facestealers, angry gods, angry snake gods, fungal infestations, well dwellers, et cetera. So while seeking currently gets to have all the nihilistic fun it wants, I wish that my main, a magnanimous hedonist, could join in the fun of the end of times. So maybe this is a request to the writers, thank you for all the joys of watching the seekers and one day having an alt who will go seeking and drown himself in a dark corner of the North, but for my main this love of the people and excitement of London will always mean that he, she, whatever, stands athwart the paths of those who wish harm to the Empire.
edited by maleclypse on 6/13/2016

Hear, hear! The voice of reason! ;)

A “counter seeking” to make sure that everything will indeed be well (and not in the well) with London is a great idea!

I’ll have you know I’l throw away everything with or without Seeking… AND LIKE IT! There’s no point to avoiding a reckoning; without that goal the madness of Seekers would be far less contained.

does an acrobatic fucking pirouette off the handle and directly into a well

Seeking is a pointless descent into madness. Tragedy devoid of meaning, inflicted upon the self not because it is demanded of us BUT BECAUSE WE DEMAND IT OF OURSELVES! And also there’s some fun text in there.

Perhaps counter seeking is a descent into excesses of the social elite. A rampant escalation of hedonism that exists only to prove to others that you are wealth, you are powerful, and you’ll spend your evenings licking prisoner’s honey off of priceless art until you maze yourself just to one up your neighbor.

Okay licking prisoner’s honey off of priceless art sounds pretty funny and just as self-destructive in it’s own way.

Okay, my next Salon will definitely feature the sculpture of a Rubbery Man coated in Prisoner’s Honey.

Mine will have two sculptures!

[quote=Shadowcthuhlu][quote=phryne]Okay, my next Salon will definitely feature the sculpture of a Rubbery Man coated in Prisoner’s Honey.[/quote]Mine will have two sculptures![/quote]Mine will also include a painting coated in honey. Licking off the honey will reveal a correspondence sigil driving you instantly mad!

(I’m not opposed to going mad but I want to have fun while doing so) ;)

[quote=phryne][quote=Shadowcthuhlu][quote=phryne]Okay, my next Salon will definitely feature the sculpture of a Rubbery Man coated in Prisoner’s Honey.[/quote]Mine will have two sculptures![/quote]Mine will also include a painting coated in honey. Licking off the honey will reveal a correspondence sigil driving you instantly mad!

(I’m not opposed to going mad but I want to have fun while doing so) ;)[/quote]

Mine will feature a collection of Vigneron wine. Each glass containing a pice of the complete works of Shakespeare. And, just to keep the night interesting, one of the glasses will contain Poe’s The Raven and be laced with prisoner’s honey. You do not want to know what I had to go through to set this up.

The overriding theme of Fallen London is passion/desire and its price. Seeking is a great expression of this because completing it requires passion but the quest costs you everything (or at least a lot of things). The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of the pursuit of social status as another such quest.

Anyone who throws a salon that involves licking honey off of art can feel free - dare I say encouraged! - to invite me.

I would gladly participate in such lickage, if an invitation was forthcoming.

[quote=Professor Sketch] … I’ll show you how we Seekers respond to such a problem!
drives self mad
dies[/quote]

I think I might Love you Professor.

How can one not, such passion, such a willingness to cut oneself to pieces in pursuit of a goal?

I still think you may be a monster, but you are a beautiful one it seems.

As for salons, it will almost certainly bee (haha) explosive if it includes both Vavakx and myself, but I think I want to attend as well, licking honey off art has a certain decadent appeal.

{edit: because apparently there were replies I’d missed}
edited by absimiliard on 6/13/2016

[quote=absimiliard][quote=Professor Sketch] … I’ll show you how we Seekers respond to such a problem!
drives self mad
dies[/quote]

I think I might Love you Professor.

How can one not, such passion, such a willingness to cut oneself to pieces in pursuit of a goal?

I still think you may be a monster, but you are a beautiful one it seems.

As for salons, it will almost certainly bee (haha) explosive if it includes both Vavakx and myself, but I think I want to attend as well, licking honey off art has a certain decadent appeal.

{edit: because apparently there were replies I’d missed}
edited by absimiliard on 6/13/2016[/quote]

Oh Rose, oh Rose. I fear to even imagine what might commence when we both are honey-mazed and, possibly, located in the deeper meshes of the Mirror-Marches.

For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. The forces of chaos and madness are strong, but there has to be some force of order and reason to oppose them. If London cannot protect itself, someone must bring order to London. The courts and constables can uphold their own laws, but a few heroic souls must fight the evils that average society can’t detect or recognize. Someone must work to drive back the darkness. Of all the hidden societies in this dark, forbidding Neath, only one upholds order and reason. Only one works to uphold reality and stave off the end of everything.

We call it the Ministry of Public Decency.

As an Author who attends and hosts the occasional salon, I confirm that I will very happily go to any such event, so long as it isn’t BYOH

It would be interesting to see a counterpart story-line set on thwarting those seeking the name. It could create for a degree of counter-play between seekers and anti-seekers. I think it would be fun to watch the to groups go after each other.

And it’d be a great entry point to start seeking!

The story of non-seeking would involve bringing back the Mottled Man, the Serpent-Handed, and the Red Bird.

I, uhh, I think that would only be good for the seekers…(talking about the bird, and im guessing the serpent is ap art of that too, im not sure if the mottled man is related to the God Eaters).
edited by The Master on 6/14/2016

I, uhh, I think that would only be good for the seekers…(talking about the bird, and im guessing the serpent is ap art of that too, im not sure if the mottled man is related to the God Eaters).
edited by The Master on 6/14/2016[/quote]

Those three are the priests who ate the eaten. Unless seekers are going to gut them in order to pull out a candle from their bowels, I can’t see why seekers would benefit from them? It took 3 hungry priests to neutralize Mr. Eaten, It will take 3 former priests-now-demi-gods to neutralize him again.
edited by Gonen on 6/14/2016