Tongue of a Fourth-City Rat King

[color=#009900]ADMIN EDIT: As ever, I dislike spoiling spoofs, even after midday. But as ever, we risk getting irate bug reports from people who’ve spent Nex to get the Passion destiny. [/color]

Just came across something rather extraordinary and wondering if I’m the first one to do so.[li]

Earlier today in Ladybones, I drew a new card titled something like &quotScuttling in the Scaffold&quot that was marked with &quotrare&quot frequency. Additionally, its requirement was that you have the Passion destiny. Of the two storylets on it, one was a trade that required 777k Rat on a String and 77 Scuttering Squads. I had to sell my Overgoat and most of my possessions, but I think the reward was worth it:

I regret not echoing any of it, but I was in such shock that it all completely slipped my mind. There also seems to be a bug that’s preventing me from putting the item on my mantelpiece, so I’ll have to report that later.

Oh, if anyone’s curious, the Tongue sells for 2.50 E. That’s probably a bug too, so I’ll report it with the mantelpiece thing.[/li][li]
[color=#009900]ADMIN EDIT: see note at top.[/color][/li][li]
edited by Alexis on 4/1/2014

Holy damnation, I have never saw that. I could bet my soul this is indeed new. [li]
The tongue costs 38500 echoes, just counting the scuttering squads. With the rats on a string this go to 54040 echoes.
If I have not done some enormous mathematical error back there.
I don’t think its sell price is a bug, but I could be very well wrong.
My mouth rests agape.
I need to get that passion destiny one day.

So many marvellous discoveries are made in the second week of spring! The ones you forget to echo and are unable to put on your mantelpiece are the best.

Nice one, though. Love the description.
edited by Professor Nym on 4/1/2014

Alexis, I do apologize, as I thought it was impossible to get the Passion destiny any more, even with Fate. I just couldn’t resist.

Happy April Fools’, delicious friends.

Oh. Right, today is April first. Damn you fooled me Shadowhand.

Fantastic! This is the first April fools I’ve fallen for.

Well, on t’internet anyway - San Seriffe was genius, but I was very young then…

Anyway, I assumed this was the devs trolling the rat-fanatic who’s responsible for the brilliant &quotI’m a Candle&quot site, especially after the guinea pigs/rats thing yesterday.

And lets face it, utterly ridiculous requirements for pointless things is not something you immediately discount in this game;)[li]
edited by yetanotherone on 4/1/2014

I’d sell practically everything I own just to own that thing anyway. Rat’s.

Of course you would. And your annoyance excuses the errant apostrophe there.

But seriously, your tumblr is awesome - it made me realize this seemingly silly & grindy game has crazy complex mechanical depth if you want to min/max things, as well as excellent writing.

I still want a &quotguinea pig knights&quot pet that’s better than the rat squad though…

[quote=Spacemarine9][quote=yetanotherone]

Anyway, I assumed this was the devs trolling the rat-fanatic who’s responsible for the brilliant &quotI’m a Candle&quot site, especially after the guinea pigs/rats thing yesterday.
[/quote]

I’d sell practically everything I own just to own that thing anyway. Rat’s.[/quote]

[li]
Urgh, I apologize for nuking your post with lacre by misclicking the &quotaccepted answer&quot button.

There’s a sticky about turning lacre to gold here:

http://community.failbettergames.com/topic6330-forum-usability-tweak-make-best-answer-readable.aspx
edited by HinterDemGlas on 4/2/2014