To write with Ink or Fire?

Okay, so I finally have the requirements to become a Correspondent.

However, I’ve also heard that staying a Author is the better option.

Should I write with Ink or Fire? And why?

Do you need Notability and Making Waves? Do you see yourself needing Notability in the future? That’s where the debate lies, actually, as Correspondent pays better but Author provides Night on the Town and that helps a lot on making waves.
edited by Estelle Knoht on 3/22/2015

Not really. I don’t have many goals that i can think of regarding Notability. I lack to items to et M-----s B----d, I do not have any capped stats… I can’t think of much other uses so my 7 Notablity is being wasted right now.

Also, while we are here, what is the difference between the two story/occupation wise?
edited by Kylestien on 3/22/2015

[quote=Kylestien]
Also, while we are here, what is the difference between the two story/occupation wise?[/quote]

Errr do you mean the difference between the two occupation storywise?

Well basically you start writing visionary Correspondence stuff and stop writing readable novels, therefore losing your Appreciation Society (Pet) for a Pot of Violant Ink (Weapon).

The Ink is a very competitive Persuasive/Watchful weapon while the Society can be overshadowed by quite a few pets.

Persuasive-wise, you trade one of the best Persuasive pet for one of the best Persuasive weapon for a slightly bigger boost.
Watchful-wise, you get one of the best Watchful weapon and freeing up the slot for Over/Ubergoat.
edited by Estelle Knoht on 3/22/2015

Only advice I would add is that it’s quite nice to have several cellars full of wine, something that an author earns, to purchase some POSI content. Stock up a few before you move on.